Elongated Skulls Could be Proof of Alien Life Here!

-
BUT the preface of the conversation is "the earth is xx thousand years old" THAT is blatantly false!!!!
Honestly, I think both "science" and "religion" are wrong. I think the answer lays in between. There's no way for us to ever be sure or find enough proof to satisfy everyone. Carbon dating has been proven to have flaws, most notably by dating a 33 year old living man as being dead over a million years in a lab study. So how can anyone, religious or otherwise, actually know how old the earth is? Besides, in the grand scheme of things, it's kind of insignificant

Boing 777 made with millions of non flying parts. Put together by intelligent people.
Put it together the right way with years of education the world over by million of
intelligent people. This includes mining and design.
Now it is a flying machine! Incredible!

I really don't think you have a firm grip on what science is

A living Cell has millions of nonliving parts in it. Much more complex then the Boeing 777.
And it just magically put it self together? This is the Imagination of evolution.

Aliens did it! or give it millions of years. This is NOT science. This is IMAGINATION.

Honestly, I think both "science" and "religion" are wrong. I think the answer lays in between. There's no way for us to ever be sure or find enough proof to satisfy everyone. Carbon dating has been proven to have flaws, most notably by dating a 33 year old living man as being dead over a million years in a lab study. So how can anyone, religious or otherwise, actually know how old the earth is? Besides, in the grand scheme of things, it's kind of insignificant
Agree with parts of this. Creationist will always have fuzzy science to back up there believes. Like the dead guy according to carbon dating.

Agree with parts of this. Creationist will always have fuzzy science to back up there believes. Like the dead guy according to carbon dating.
Columbia University released a study a several years back about the flaws in using the carbon 14 isotopes to determine age. One issue was contamination and another was that geographic regions can some sometimes alter the decay rate of the carbon 14 isotope. So do we believe science when they even admit there is flaws in the system they're using?

Define science please. Post 227.
Taken from the Oxford dictionary online version.
1The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

1The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.
Gnostics! You are up again!

Comedy for a way out. This is a way of staying misinformed.

George Carlin grew up in Catholic school... I think he knows what he's talking about...

I went to many different churches when I was younger and they didn't make any sense...

Columbia University released a study a several years back about the flaws in using the carbon 14 isotopes to determine age. One issue was contamination and another was that geographic regions can some sometimes alter the decay rate of the carbon 14 isotope. So do we believe science when they even admit there is flaws in the system they're using?
From the Sun to the Plants. Then the animals eat the plants. When an animal dies then the decay will
start. Half life reading is 5730 years. When they say anything tested with Carbon dating with millions
or even hundreds of thousand of years then we should know they are telling untruths.

With respect. I believe you think you know far more than you do. My question was not blaspheme. If you believe God wrote those words then EACH word is important.

If you take the bible literally, and it seems you do. Then the word "create" means something different than the word "made"

the word "And" is just as important as any other word.

Again, I don't have the answers, and if there is a God, who gave such a book do you not think he would expect you to ask the questions I am asking?
I am trying to save you 25 years if study time; IMO there is not enough time left for that. The Word is veiled to the unbelievers,and without God in your corner, you are in for a very long uphill battle; Or rather, there is a veil between the unbeliever and the Word. Not my interpretation, it says so.
You keep trying to justify God. Forget that, His thoughts are higher than ours. We are His creation; He can do with us as He pleases. If you find yourself running around in a maze, that would be by design. Stop! Surrender to Almighty God, your creator.Let Him get you out of your confusion.
Look He set this thing in motion to see how it plays out. The Believers are sifted out and everything else is either destroyed or rearranged and made new. You can either join the Believers or keep bashing your head against the wall. That's all there is to this Plan, separating out the Sheep from the Goats. Don't be a Goat, they get burned up. Be a Sheep, they get gathered into the barn, to be shepherded by the King of kings and Lord of lords.
Someone said it's not my job to preach. That is such an ignorant thing to say. We the Believers are COMMANDED to preach. God's message HAS to get out somehow, and the Church ain't getting it done. The Church has fallen asleep preaching to itchy ears. The Protestant Church cannot answer even the most basic questions. The RC church is full of lies and deception, teaching for doctrine, the commandments of men. Soon there will be no more Churches, except the ONE WORLD RELIGION, that will be based totally on wickedness . It's up to the Believers to speak. I don't care if I preach to my last breath and not one other person ever comes to Salvation hearing my words.It's not my job to try and save anybody. That is the job of the HolySpirit. My job is to do what I an told, and one of those jobs is to speak.I do my part.

I once had a frog I experiment on. As a project.
He could jump 10 feet with all four legs on command.
So I cut one off. Told him to jump Then he jumped eight feet. I cut off another. Ordered him to jump he jumped four.I then cut off the last one and ordered him to jump. He just remain ed motionless. After several commands to jump and he wouldn't move, I concluded by removing his legs he became deaf.
It's all in how you interpret things.

Even with a 50 percent error rate, Billions of years old still!!!!! No way the error rate is 50 percent.

From the Sun to the Plants. Then the animals eat the plants. When an animal dies then the decay will
start. Half life reading is 5730 years. When they say anything tested with Carbon dating with millions
or even hundreds of thousand of years then we should know they are telling untruths.
There are other ways to measure age, There is more than one type of carbon dating.

I am a bit confused though, are you suggesting carbon comes from the sun to the plants?

-
Back