Ever let someone else Drive your car????

-
I had sponsorship obligations to meet and couldn't drive my car do to an accident.
I handed my car over to Erick,he kept and maintained it at his shop for 2 seasons.
8 second car detuned to 9.50's

had a friend who was high in the points standing back in the early 90s...his mustang broke...let him drive the 69 Barracuda....then He drove it at a big dollar bracket race and broke out in the semi...had killed the dragster on the tree.....but took too much stripe...

plus I got two daughters who drive "my" car at the races all the time...just dont let them know I said that they are my car...lol

I have no Problem with other people driving my Car.
Everybody who drives it, is proved to drive a Mopar 4-speed car.
Including my Wife:burnout:

well, my car broke last weekend just before the final points race. They said I was still qualified to go to team finals but no one offered to loan me a car.
It was either 2 or 3 years ago somebody won IHRA bracket nationals in a borrowed car.
Finals was a hell of a race, too, they both had a .006 light and were on their dial.

My son drives mine. I get to make a pass or 2.Lol. My 2 daughters will get their feet wet in it also. My wife. Might have to think on it a little longer. Lol. I have 3 close long time friends that I would let drive also. All 3 are racers.

One guy in our regular crew is 5'5" and about 150#.

Sometimes it's fun to let him drive just to see what that extra weight savings and balance does.

On the non-racing side...

Back in high school my mom would NEVER drive my 67 Coronet.

"what if someone were to hit me?' was the line she always used.

Well, one day I was sick, her car was down, and she had to get a prescription or something.

What are the odds, the ONE time she does drive it.....someone hits her while it's in a parking lot, and doesn't bother to stay around.

I'll give mom LOTS of credit. She walked around that neighborhood for a couple of days until she saw a van with the same color of paint that was left on my car, and a matching swipe of my paint on it's fender.

BUSTED. Went to court, found guilty, judgment in our favor.

Never saw any money :(

When I was very involved with the Vegas MATS show.Knew a guy that was going to be there,was flying in and expressed over the phone "Man I wish I could go down the track". I knew he was a long time east coast racer,when he showed up I said "You get your wish. Here is my car you're all entered and ready to go.Have fun.

Yes. I get these stupid migraine headaches that come out of the blue sometimes. All the effort getting it to the track. Made a couple of passes. Debilitating headache comes out of nowhere. Told my friend he might as well have fun and run the car. I went to lay down on my trailer. A-hole tops my best time and MPH on his 2nd pass. 12.50 @ 108. That was last year. Its still the fastest that car has run. Would have liked to have watched my car make a pass to see how it looks (leaving the line, etc.). Have asked others to make a pass so I can watch. No takers. They seem to think something is going to break or something. Hope I don't jinx myself here but car is solid runner. Week after week. Year after year.

-
Back