F.A.S.T EZI Good/Bad? anyone?

-
Hey, if you've got the coin why not, the way I see it is, yeah it's nice to have something tune for you, but is it $1500-2000 nice? Just like overdrive you pay for the luxury, not the return.

there are plenty of options when it comes to EFI, it depends on how long you like to spend working on each

there are companies that retrofit GM parts to work with mopar, there are also companies that make all there own parts when it comes to EFI

prices can start at $500+ its not really about luxury more then drivablitly, same with an overdrive transmission, overdrive allows steep gears for the track but when its engauged you can cruise at a nice low RPM and not go crazy

I know there are a few guys still stuck on carburetors, and for something all original, or super cool like 440-6 or 426 a carb is the way to go but for everything else its nice to have

It also depends on what you do with your car , I drive mine cross country every summer 10,000km round trip , I start on an island in the Pacific , cross over the Rockies , cross the dry flatlands then through the mountainous Shield country of Northern Ontario . I start with 94 octane pure gas in BC , switch to 91/92 octane Shell which is usually pure gas but not everywhere , then to 94 octane blended in Southern Ontario , my 520+hp stroker see's a lot of variables in a short period of time { I made most of the trip home 2 years ago in a 3600km in 36 hr bonzai run } , was last years head gasket failure the result of detonation ? not sure but it's a pretty good bet when you figure I can't stop and re-time and re-jet/re-tune the carb every fuel stop . Engine longevity from self tuning might make the expense worthwhile .

I've been running SDS efi on my 2.2 turbo shadow since 1999. I have now changed to a 2.4 dohc and still using the same SDS. This is my daily driver that gets 10-15,000 miles a year. I also have the same set up on my 318 swapped '87 Dakota. It sees a lot of daily use at times also. While these systems where good for there time, there are much better systems available now. I'm planning to change them both to Megasquirt. For the money and features I don't see using anything else. There is also a dyno shop in the area that is familiar with these. I would prefer a system that has a lot of features (AIS and fan control, 2 step, sequential injection, etc.).

If your looking into the Fast EZ EFI 2, they are on back order. Fast has been out of the main computer since the end of January. According to one of the techs I talked to on the phone, they have a very big back order to fill.:banghead:

I looked into the MS3 system and liked what I saw. I bought the Fast system for my car. I have a Magnum motor with the R/T Magnum heads. Most of the intakes out there are for the LA heads. Hughes sells an intake for the Magnum heads for well over $500. I have tuning issues with my carbs. I have tried both Edelbrock and Quick Fuel. I know I could have bought a MS3 for my car, but if I ran into tuning issues, who would I call? :violent1:

I had a throttle body system on my 89 Shelby Dakota. The system worked very well. That truck ran 14.70's all day long and got 21MPG on the freeway with a 2bbl 360 throttle body with 318 injectors. The throttle body system my be so "80's", but the computer controlling it is from this era. All I know is that it's got to be better than a carb. I'll let you know how it works when and if the system ever shows up. I was going to buy the Holley Terminator system, but liked the Fast system's display better. It has a lot of information on the screen.

One thing nobody mentioned is that EFI seems to make engines last much longer. In carburetor days it was common to have worn rings by 100,000 miles. Most engines today can go 200,000 before the rings and cylinder walls even barely wear. Motor oils are better, but my guess is that EFI keeps from washing oil off the cylinder walls from a too-rich mixture. The main reason diesel blocks last so long is that the fuel is more like motor oil.

I had my mind set on the EZ EFI 2.0. But, FastMan EFI stopped selling it as of 6/20/14. So, I went searching for it somewhere else. Up until this point all I heard was good stuff about the EZ EFI, until I read the reviews on Summits wed site. There where a few people complaining that they are having bad problems with electical noise. They keep talking to FAST about it, and FAST can't figure it out. I was really wanting to buy that set up, but for that amount of money, I certainly don't want to have a problem like that. FASTMan EFI says its all the calls they are getting on the EZ system that is taking time away from them taking care of the folks with the XFI systems. Reading the reviews makes me wonder if there are more problems with the EZ and they just are not saying.

Thank you.........Thank you very much

Elvis.gif

[quote="Dart67";1970482773]I fixed the link.

Herb[/quote]

This is what I see

"
CPG Nation Forum - Error

The requested page could not be found."

There where a few people complaining that they are having bad problems with electical noise.

all the systems are super sensitive to electrical noise. you have to be careful wiring them up and make sure they are hooked to clean power.

I did and I tried this link and it just takes me to their thread section but not the specific one you are talking about.

I was not talking about a specific thread.

Just a link to the forum.

If you look through it or do a search for EZ EFI you will find more problems then you can read through.

Herb

Sucks because I liked the idea of using thee 2.0 with E85 but I think you can now use the Terminator with E85

I love my Professional Products Powerjection III. its on my second car now. love it. its boost compataible too. But I think im gona sell it because im planning on putting a 671blower in the near future and will do the 2 4bbl fast setup. cant run two powerjection's on a blower yet.

-
Back