F-CK Paypal

-
PayPal sucks but hey don't really have any more options selling on it eBay gotta pay eBay fees and on top PayPals 2.9 percent fee

"Protection you need, peace of mind you deserve
Keeping your financial information secure is absolutely essential when buying online. Whether it's ecommerce, sending money or buying with debit and credit cards online, trust PayPal to help keep your transactions secure." Paypal website

If someone gets your ebay info, your f*cked.

These guys are not your pals. I need to vent:

Wife informed me this morning that $200 was taken from the checking account to cover an Ebay purchase, I told her I didnt buy anything. I go into paypal and Im down to 0.00 balance from $293 24 hours ago so I open Ebay and look at transaction record. Oh, a purchase was made at 6:00 PM thursday for a $500 gift card. I look in my email and nothing, it went straight to my deleted email box (?) so I call ebay Friday morning 7:45 AM and tell them I was hacked. The guy was nice, "Oh, I do see the transaction and it does NOT look like your buying pattern" Assuming he sees something out of the ordinary. He says paypal did the the transaction so open a claim with them but after we reset your passwords (which I did already). So this guy saw something wrong with the transaction so I felt like we were making some progress. I tell him it was odd that the card was sold thursday (yesterday) transaction showed up at 6:00 PM yet the tracking already showed it at the local mail handling facility....Did he hand deliver it to the facility after 6:00 that night? I contact the bank and tell them to freeze the $200 checking account deduction at 7:30 AM friday, they tell me they will need to see it post then they will dispute it or some horse ****. Why could they just not freeze it? So I call paypal and open a dispute telling them the transaction was unauthorized. They give me a case number and it sounds like its routine. So I get the mail today and sure enough the card is in the mail and I dont open it. So this thing gets from Glendale to me in 18 hours after he puts it in the mail after 6pm the night before? Wow! I email the seller and explain I didnt buy the card, my account was hacked and Id like to return it. He gets back and says "I checked the card balance is zero now. Worth nothing to me...sorry. I tell him how's that possible if only 1 person knew the number (you checked it) as I have yet to open the sealed envelope and no one has used the card? He got back and said "Ebay has ruled in his favor, legit transaction" and to stop correspondence with your account as it has been compromised, sorry. So I log back into paypal and I see the dispute has been closed....at 10:30 AM "We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because this transaction was not unauthorized."
Well bend me forward....I didnt even get the card in the mail until 3:30 PM!!!! So I ask the ebay guy again, "so the guy sells me a zero balance card (with no time to even use it), can I get buyer protection" Well, if you didn't contact paypal, we could work with you on that (no, according to the fine print) but since it was disputed outside ebay (called paypal) we cannot honor that protection. YOU TOLD ME TO ******* OPEN A DISPUTE WITH PAYPAL!!! I just hope B of A stops that $200 withdrawl, that's my only hope to lose only $283 and not $483.

Lessons learned.
Dont have ebay auto log into paypal (always logged in?)
Dont carry a paypal balance..
Dont link your paypal to a checking account that can be dipped into by paypal..
DONT F'N USE PAYPAL (unless its absolutely necessary)
Dont buy a prepaid card (gift card) seems they are NOT under the buyer protection, EVEN IF YOU DIDNT AUTHORIZE THE TRANSACTION.
Brother put an add out in a few papers, this has probably happened tens of thousands of times across the country. Hopefully a law firm would hold all partie$ accountable, albeit after the blood suckers get their king’s Share.
If you are miffed enough?

My condolences for you getting scammed.

At least you didn’t pay $13,900 for a basic 360 build, transmission rebuild, & brake job to Stan Mizel in 2000. Only to have the valve train fail in 600 miles. The order was for a 4” stroke.

At least you didn’t pay $6600 to Dan Dvorak and gave him: a forged crank, 4340 H beam rods, ARP 2000 rod bolts, intake, forged KB 741 pistons, $100 Edelbrock timing chain, CNC’d Speedmaster heads, MSD distributor & crank sensor, block small parts kit, brass freeze plugs, and get back some other less than short block with none of my parts.

Pay $375 to a transmission shop to fix the third gear in your a833 O/D only to give you back the transmission in pieces.

Pay $2000 to a transmission shop in Georgia working with a member here-getting $1300 worth of work and no refund of the cash paid in advance before deployment.

You think Memike had it bad?

Tons of self serving greedy evil in this hobby.
I totally empathize with you. Am very glad you stopped the problem this early.
I should be able to spank Pittsburghracer, Ryan Johnson and all comers with the money I have lost-am close to burning it all up. FABO is my last hope for the hobby.

Last edited:
Brother put an add out in a few papers, this has probably happened tens of thousands of times across the country. Hopefully a law firm would hold all partie$ accountable, albeit after the blood suckers get their king’s Share.
If you are miffed enough?

My condolences for you getting scammed.

At least you didn’t pay $13,900 for a basic 360 build, transmission rebuild, & brake job to Stan Mizel in 2000. Only to have the valve train fail in 600 miles. The order was for a 4” stroke.

At least you didn’t pay $6600 to Dan Dvorak and gave him: a forged crank, 4340 H beam rods, ARP 2000 rod bolts, intake, forged KB 741 pistons, $100 Edelbrock timing chain, CNC’d Speedmaster heads, MSD distributor & crank sensor, block small parts kit, brass freeze plugs, and get back some other less than short block with none of my parts.

Pay $375 to a transmission shop to fix the third gear in your a833 O/D only to give you back the transmission in pieces.

Pay $2000 to a transmission shop in Milledgeville Georgia working with a member here-getting $1300 worth of work and no refund of the cash paid in advance before deployment.

You think Memike had it bad?

Tons of self serving greedy evil in this hobby.
I totally empathize with you. Am very glad you stopped the problem this early.
I should be able to spank Pittsburghracer, Ryan Johnson and all comers with the money I have lost-am close to burning it all up. FABO is my last hope for the hobby.
damn bro, that's some rough **** right there. hopefully you got something of value out of all that.

This is one of the reasons I only accept US Postal Money orders for the parts I sell. Not only do they pick both parties pockets but they open you up to other problems like what you just experienced. They are just another parasitic banking organization .

:thumbsup: Roger that! I do the same. Only dealings I have with PayPal are when I buy engine parts off e-Bay. And that's only because e-Bay and PayPal are in cahoots and I have to.

Best regards,

Harry

Im about to change the name of this post...update:

Better news: Called Ebay again to open a new "not as described" case as I had the proof of the zero balance usage history. They could not as there was a prior UA dispute on the transaction, bummer. So I asked how they denied the "unauthorized access " and I was transferred to the fraud dept. Micheal answered and I told him the details of the account. He looked back at it, and it took him 30 seconds to determine that the IP address (I know mine) that was used ("somewhere from California...") to access my account WAS (historically) NOT MINE, so he stated the transaction was now void and will be removed from my record :D He then told me he will note the transaction and to call paypal with this new info for a refund. (ouch...ok) So I call 'Mike' at Paypal fraud and first ask THEM why they denied my unauthorized access. What they told me made sense: The paypal account was NOT accessed fraudulently because Ebay is an authorized entity. So I told them I had new evidence of the UA directly from Paypal and he reopened the case. I told him the whole story with dates, card numbers, times and names. He told me I had enough evidence for 2 cases: A UA case AND a "not as advertised" case, either would result in a complete refund of all my money! :) I kinda feel bad for the guy if HE got scammed on the card purchase but I think he:

1. Bought the cards (loaded them) with a stolen credit card
2. Scratched off security shield and sold the number to someone for a discount on the dark web and got his cut
3. Sold the card on ebay for real money and made even more money
4. Got them in the mail ASAP to get the cards out of his possession so he could claim he couldn't have used them
5. Gives the buyer the same BS story, "checked balance at zero, you used it. sorry"
6. Drain his new $1500 (sold 3 that day) out of paypal somehow (transfer ?) and does not have a linked bank account.

If he got scammed, he bought the cards legit (with a stolen credit card )and someone at Nordstroms sold the info to a friend in Mass. Why else would he buy/charge $500 on a card and sell it for a $35 loss the next day unless he was laundering the money?

All I know is its looking pretty good for me, and bad for him as he cut ties with me. If he wants his card back (to possibly get a legit refund from Nordstroms as it sounds like it was hinky) he'll have to reach out to me or tell ebay to send it back because only the 'loader' has fraud protections from Nordtroms. Sounds like he picked the wrong card to sell because this is one of only a few that can be tracked by use, ie. Walmart cards cannot. Game on.....

Sometimes the system works. Patience and perseverance pays off. Glad it’s getting resolved.

:thumbsup:

I just thought something. I prayed about this today: To forgive the guy and to allow me to move on without remorse. Today's sermon was "Why God doesn't grant every prayer": Wrong state of mind, God has a different plan, relationship status (you cant love God if you hate your brother..John 4:20) ...and I called these 2 groups back without remorse for the seller. Look how much progress I made with a clearer head!

:thumbsup: That's great, pishta! I hope the matter is soon resolved to your satisfaction.

Any one ever go to small claims court? How do you collect a judgement? My sis got hit 30 years ago and got a judgement for $1500 but could never collect it as the guy claimed he was broke and unemployed

:) In such a case, you go to the guy's neighbourhood. Take the time to get to know his neighbours. When they are OK with you, you ask them, 'Who is the Don here?' Then you go and see him and tell him your problem. He will send Carmine and Vito to make this guy an offer he can't refuse. But you owe the Don a favour. And if he calls it in one day, you gotta do what he wants. That's how it works. My uncle from Sicily told me.

Works in New Orleans. Works in Mexico. Works in Venezuela. That's all I can tell you.

Best regards,

Harry

I keep less than $100 in my checking account and my ebay is set up to ask for a separate paypal login for each purchase unless they are in the shopping cart, but in any event a purchase triggers a separate login.

What's really sad is that financial institutions and retailers have determined it's cheaper and easier to simply pay off the loss and raise prices on everyone rather than pursue the criminals.

I just thought something. I prayed about this today: To forgive the guy and to allow me to move on without remorse. Today's sermon was "Why God doesn't grant every prayer": Wrong state of mind, God has a different plan, relationship status (you cant love God if you hate your brother..John 4:20) ...and I called these 2 groups back without remorse for the seller. Look how much progress I made with a clearer head!

It really makes me happy that you figured-out/tenaciously-pursued a resolution. Thank GOD there is some justice in this world!

I haven’t linked up my PayPal to eBay & don’t purchase stuff on free WiFi so I hope that helps me. I’ll have to ask toolmanmike.

I cannot explain to you in words the struggle I had not to murder Stan & Jennifer Mizell, DanDvorak, and others. Simply the peace that passes understanding, the support of FABO, the discipline instilled into me by parents, family, & constant ‘training/brainwashing’ of maintaining a TS clearance held me back from the brink of disaster.

Like anyone here, that money was earned by stress & sweat equity. It makes a difference how hard it is to earn it or replace it!
Fairwinds & following seas @pishta !

Ball seems to be in ebays court now as every paypal dispute has come up "not unauthorized" because ebay authorized it. Payal will hear me out and nod their heads on the phone but both "appeals" came back "not unauthorized" which is bs because one of the appeals was for "not as advertised"? All ebay has to do it tell paypal the purchase was unauthorized and im not sure they have done that yet. Ill give them another 24 hours and then check back with ebay on the phone. Seems the people on the phone dont have the authorization to just do it, like i thought paypal Mike (with no Indian accent) was going to do. Micheal (indian accent) from ebay agrees that it was an unauthorized but kept telling me to call paypal and get a refund, but paypal is sticking to their "ebay authorized us to do it" mentality. Call center probably just take the info and washes your balls for a few minutes to make you feel good. I grow weary of these games....

...and that's why companies write this off and/or consumers eat it.

Who want's to spend (I bet it's more like $300 an hour) to recover $230?

Last edited:
I lost....

I exhausted all my appeals with paypal. The transaction was authorized by Ebay.
Ebay told paypal the purchase was fraudulent from a hacked account. Ebay cannot refund my money, went through paypal
Had the 2 fraud departments on a conference call and they both agreed they were not liable.
Asked a supervisor to describe Ebays unauthorized use policy...there is NONE. They admitted it!
Ebay offers no protection from 'take over' accounts
Last ditch effort will be to open a "not as described" case with ebay, but paypal said after 3 appeals on a not authorized claim, all other claims will not be opened. Bank capitulated with Paypal on 2nd attempt and gave them the $200 against my stop payment order.
Lesson: I dont know....stop using paypal? Not practical for me and wife.
Stop using Ebay? Perhaps.
Dont carry a balance or link to checking account? YES!

I lost....

I exhausted all my appeals with paypal. The transaction was authorized by Ebay.
Ebay told paypal the purchase was fraudulent from a hacked account. Ebay cannot refund my money, went through paypal
Had the 2 fraud departments on a conference call and they both agreed they were not liable.
Asked a supervisor to describe Ebays unauthorized use policy...there is NONE. They admitted it!
Ebay offers no protection from 'take over' accounts
Last ditch effort will be to open a "not as described" case with ebay, but paypal said after 3 appeals on a not authorized claim, all other claims will not be opened. Bank capitulated with Paypal on 2nd attempt and gave them the $200 against my stop payment order.
Lesson: I dont know....stop using paypal? Not practical for me and wife.
Stop using Ebay? Perhaps.
Dont carry a balance or link to checking account? YES!
Is there a Calif State consumer protection agency or section under the attorney general?

necropost: Having to live with Paypal is like living with the IRS, its a necessary evil in my world. I ordered a $69 tabletop electric smelter from a website, said address was in Arizona. Cool, thats a killer price, so Ill buy with with my paypal stash. Long story short, they drop shipped 3 N95 masks FROM CHINA and 45 days later I get a 2oz envelope with 3 masks in it, what are these? "sorry, we ship wrong item, you want to reship right item? Yeah, sure. That one gets 'lost' after tracking shows it on a truck from Tustin dock to my address..yeah, right. 100% BS with a fake tracking site to boot! (none of the hyperlinks links on the site worked, probably just a shell page you manually add entries to) so they say sorry, lost in shipment, you want full credit to 4 counterfeit jersey or sneaker websites or 60% refund , you know...we lost money on shipping twice and it was lost..you understand? F*ck no I don't understand! Your lack of oversight on this order was at fault, nothing to do with me so I demand a full refund. "Not possible, 70% final offer" Hold 1 (or 40)...well see what Paypal has to say....40 days later Paypal actually finds judgement in my favor! 100% of the cost was refunded into my paypal account..that I instantly withdrew to carry only a $5 paypal balance. About time...they owed me one (actually >$500) but I'm passed that.

that's bullshit. I would be irate.

my PayPal is always at zero.
but my question is, if you have a credit card linked to your PayPal account and some random seller that you've previously bought from decides to run a fraudulent transaction and take money off it again , is there any recourse, or should the CC be removed too???

My card has buyer protection too , and they will prosecute any fruad---

Man I'm sorry this happened that really sucks. I hope they will make it right for you.

Well Pishta, I'm sort of with you. I detest what egag has become, but I still buy off there some. Same with Paypal. One thing I do, however is pay ONLY with a credit card through paypal. I "hope" that when that day comes the credit card company will lend some support

-
Back