FABO Calender?

-

Small Block

Reaction score
There was much discussion back earlier in the year and then it went away. I just thought it was getting close in the planning stages but nothing has been mentioned for some time. Where do we stand on it?
Small Block

Last I saw, there was so much bickering as to what kind of cars to put in it.

With or without half naked ladies and what not.

I say keep it clean with cars only, but I would like to know myself.

The same here!!! Lets get the calendar under way and raise some money for this site, I agree Keep it clean......

I agree too. Let's keep it clean and keep it as cars and trucks only. Mopars of coarse.

I think we can talk about it all day long, but untill someone actually just does one it really don't matter. Smallblock, I think you outta just make one up. I bet it will be pretty sweet!!

Maybe some before and after pics.... not just the best of the best... something to inspire us to get out and work on our cars!

I agree with no women in there... That would kill it for me....

Maybe some before and after pics.... not just the best of the best... something to inspire us to get out and work on our cars!

x3

I think for the first one, we should just select the pictures of members a-bodies that appear the highest quality and with the best angles. It's not so much difficult picking what cars should be in a calendar, it's the fact that they would need quality pictures in order for it to look good as a finished product, know what I mean? A car may be great, but may not be backed up by good enough pics.

I do agree on keeping it stricting about the cars... but maybe put a small head shot of the owner in the bottom corner so people can put a face to the car?

Also, as for your before and after idea.... maybe if the first calendar goes well, we can create a second one with an in progress theme in general... yet again, the best pics of the best projects going on here on the site.

Anyway, I think it would be cool to see this happen...

As far as I know, the mods had discussed it and then it just kinda went away.

x4

it was discussed by the mods and put to rest because of all the bickering. I think it will be addressed in the future.

I have done calendars in the past for Prowler Online.

It is too late in the year to get a quality calendar put together for Jan 2010.

As far as what should be in it. The person that actually assembles the pictures and makes the calendar should have the say so who's car make it and who's doesn't by the quality of the shot.

To get 13 high quality pictures is harder than you think.

I'll do some checking and post what I find out on a calendar I bought recently.

What about planning it for 2011 from now? Or maybe make a 18 month calendar starting June 2010. Anyone?

I think it would be better to keep it cars only too. I do think that it would be nice to have a mix of nice fully restored cars as well as projects. I like seeing other peoples projects. Sometimes it gets old seeing perfect cars. Bring on the projects. I think an 18 month calender would be cool. If there is anyone here in No. Utah that needs someone to take a good pic, let me know.

All Im going to say is its up to Joey is he wants to do a calendar or not.

Let me speculate on what's happening here and on several other issues on FABO. Joey is a guy that owns several websites, a good guy i might add. I have spoken with him on occasions on the phone on other matters but he's a very busy man and doesn't have much time to deal with the issues that are involved in makeing a calendar, printing a special shirt, or building a charity car. These issues would involve everything from people getting their feelings hurt to the legal ramifications of such a project, no matter how simple it may seem. Not sure myself how money is made in owning a website such as FABO but it has to make some to survive. There are, as of now, 11,879 members here that want to be a part of something and associate with others that have simulair hobbies. Many here do have what we all call expendable funds that can be spent on the likes of calendars and shirts but to realize this togetherness thing, the ball has to get rolling and keep rolling. Joey does not have the time but his site could realize a monitary gain when such projects do transpire but that's not his goal. IMO, which no one ask for, there should be someone, that Joey trust, and has the brains, to take the ball and run with it. Joey would of course have to delegate that responsibility if it were to have the FABO name on it. One would need to provide the funds for the printing, gather pictures, monitor the sales and shipping of such and then take out expenses and send the profits to Joey. This is just a small peice of what would have to be done, oh, and i forgot they would also have to keep everyone happy as they went. One could also make they're own calendar with cars from members here but hold on the FABO name. Just an idea folks and i may be way off base. Your thoughts please, and lets not get into a pissin match. That has killed many attempts to do a lot of things here.
Small Block

-
Back