FABO Calender?

-
If nobody wants a calendar with FABO girls in it, there definitely won't be enough interest for a FABO beefcake calendar Rob.

But you know you'd be at the top of my list.

Maybe some before and after pics.... not just the best of the best... something to inspire us to get out and work on our cars!

I agree with no women in there... That would kill it for me....

I agree,can't speak for Keith tho.:toothy10:

If nobody wants a calendar with FABO girls in it, there definitely won't be enough interest for a FABO beefcake calendar Rob.

But you know you'd be at the top of my list.

If a car only calender is possible,then are not the other 2 also possible?It may depend a lot on what Smallblock said about Joey's available time.We can all express our wishes but it still remains for someone to take the ball and run with it.Hopefully there is that someone here.I think any fund raising we can do,the better.My .02.8)

He's the guy that waitin for you to send him a pic of you in front of the Cuda.What you wear,well................:toothy10:

Ohhhh, that guy. :dontknow:

New pics are in the works (announcement will be forthcoming) but this will have to do for now.

IM003536.jpg

Remember, nobody wants girls in the FABO calendar.

IM003536.jpg

Moto, I won't be. Judging by the replies to this thread so far, it seems the majority don't want to see any girls in a FABO calendar, just the cars. That's fine by me too -- I'm here to support the site in any way I can.

Here's a thought. Maybe some of the other lovely A Body ladies (6pkDemon2go, Xcptshnl1, Tammy13, dartgirl66, Kelsey Dana, TrudysDuster, Mopar_Chick, Leann, A Body Betty, etc.) might like to get together and submit pics with their cars for a garage poster instead?? It wouldn't necessarily have to have FABO sanctioning ... it could just feature FABO ladies and their A Bodies. If it does get site approval though, it could have a nice FABO headline advertising the site, be sold here along with the jackets, t-shirts, decals, etc., and earn extra money for the new servers. Maybe even have a copy included with the Gold Member benefit package.

Dreno, I'm not a tease (or terribly shy) ... just an ol' Mopar lover. :-D

Hmmmmmm, you're probably right avarageerod. That's why I told Rob what I did! But I just named off nine other potential buyers besides me. Bring out the beefcake photos LMAO

Let's keep these ideas going guys. Magazine articles, decals, site invitations and more exposure can never be a bad thing.

Let me speculate on what's happening here and on several other issues on FABO. Joey is a guy that owns several websites, a good guy i might add. I have spoken with him on occasions on the phone on other matters but he's a very busy man and doesn't have much time to deal with the issues that are involved in makeing a calendar, printing a special shirt, or building a charity car. These issues would involve everything from people getting their feelings hurt to the legal ramifications of such a project, no matter how simple it may seem. Not sure myself how money is made in owning a website such as FABO but it has to make some to survive. There are, as of now, 11,879 members here that want to be a part of something and associate with others that have simulair hobbies. Many here do have what we all call expendable funds that can be spent on the likes of calendars and shirts but to realize this togetherness thing, the ball has to get rolling and keep rolling. Joey does not have the time but his site could realize a monitary gain when such projects do transpire but that's not his goal. IMO, which no one ask for, there should be someone, that Joey trust, and has the brains, to take the ball and run with it. Joey would of course have to delegate that responsibility if it were to have the FABO name on it. One would need to provide the funds for the printing, gather pictures, monitor the sales and shipping of such and then take out expenses and send the profits to Joey. This is just a small peice of what would have to be done, oh, and i forgot they would also have to keep everyone happy as they went. One could also make they're own calendar with cars from members here but hold on the FABO name. Just an idea folks and i may be way off base. Your thoughts please, and lets not get into a pissin match. That has killed many attempts to do a lot of things here.
Small Block

Who is this J-O-E-Y guy everybody keeps talking about??

Violence5.jpg

"Ain't that right ............J-O-E-Y."

Gosh, I love that movie.

The last time this was bandied about I remember the contention between what to have and what not to have, as far as pics. (And I stand by my idea, then. Look it up.) but if I remember rightly one of the stated things which was holding up the idea was the upfront printing costs was making things prohibitable.
If that is the case, is there a way to overcome that? Would someone with the discretarionary income be able to offset the largest part of that, with an upfront investment and a return on that investment once the calendars started selling? Would the investor and Joey be able to work an agreement that once the investment was paid off then the site would enjoy the profits? Would the investor want a return of the percentage of the profits? If the number of calendars sold didn't equal the return on the investment would the investor be willing to chalk it up as a loss and move on with no hard feelings towards the site and it's membership?
Of course, there are other ways to get it done, financially. Pre-orders can be taken, but if the number of pre-orders didn't equal the number of dollars for printing would Joey eat the loss in hopes of making the money back with sales later in the year? And calendars are effective only for a little while. I mean we're almost in Dec, so who going to sign up for the site now and buy a calendar for 2009 if we had one? And if the pre-orders were so far off from the actually dollar amount would that make it a moot point and have those who want such a thing mad at Joey, or as Bill suggested, his representative?
We could ask vendors to chip in on the expense. But some of these vendors are already throwing major money towards advertising in a media that truly gets attention, like magazine ads. I applaud companies like PST for coming in here and advertising the goods they sell, and being a sponsoring vendor, but I'm sure if you asked them which is most effective for them, a half page spread in Mopar Action of Hot Rod gets them more business. And a calender sold to someone who's in the market for that particular calender isn't effective advertising dollars, in my opinion. Unless...there are those who would be willing to buy X amount of calenders extra and take them to car shows to sell along with the parts they have. It's an idea, but a huge "but." And convincing the advertisers would be the biggest sticking point.
Bill, I have the utmost respect for you, so I'm not trying to pick on you, but I keep seeing people say that we have 11,000+ members. Yes, we do, but we also have only a handful of people on here who could be called "regulars." I'm sure the regulars would chime in and state they would buy one, but convincing the others to buy would be the true idea. I've seen folks come in, ask a question, and not like the answers they are given then leave again, with just a few posts, and I've only been here since April. For those who have been here for longer I'm sure you've seen the same thing on a greater scale. And those folks are still counted as the 11,000+.

Robert: No harm done buddy. You are right on the member issue. I wouldn't even begin to have any idea how many units one would order for calendars. Now some shirts, i do have an idea there. I wonder how many active members are still on ths site. By active i would say that they are the ones that have posted in the last 6 months. People like 2Shelbys. Good guy but he's taking care of some business and needed some time away. Hasn't posted in awhile and i know there are many of those. Wish there were methods of determining this for logistics. Every now and then i'll get a reminder that i'm missed over on the B body site. Never get one from FABO as i'm always here. They'd probably give me an invite to leave first. Just jokin Mods. I'll check the pice on the printing of calendars here as i know there are places in big cities that will skin ya and wont do any better work. I'll get back as soon as i find out.
"Who is Joey?" You jerkin with us now aint ya Spaz? If you really dont know just let me know and i'll do a "Who is Joey" thread in the general section and bring everyone up to speed as best as i know it.
Small Block

18 month calendar starting June 2010. Anyone?

This would be a good idea, there are a lot of calenders that have more than 12 months. Most good calenders cover the following January as well. You also will get more for your money.

View attachment 112758

Remember, nobody wants girls in the FABO calendar.

Thanks for posting that photo, I was mesmerized and forgot what I was thinking about. :toothy10:

And I wouldn't say nobody: I would vote to see the girls of FABO. I understand the reasoning though. A poster is a good idea as well.

This could happen if smallblock wanted to talk to Jeff and take charge of it.

You could do more than one calender, one for modified cars and one for bone stock or restored cars. Or even for different era A-Bodies

Members could submit photos to a thread and after a certain date the photos could be gathered and then start another thread with a poll for all member to vote for their favorite cars (from the photos submitted) they would like to see in a calender. This way nobody has to step up and make the hard decision on their own on which cars to use and which ones get deleted, the results of the poll would be finale.

Then just take the 12-18 photos and have the calender made. The cars owner could email the full size version of the photos directly to you so the best quality photos can be given to the printer.

You're welcome BlownFish! Thank YOU for some great ideas. (It is a good idea not to call JoeyChgo "Jeff" though. We want him to condone this LOL!)

I still have the draft of the car owner's Release Form generated after the last round of calendar discussions that was posted in the first thread. It's important for legal reasons to have the owner sign off on public use of a private photograph; I can post it here again if anyone wants to offer input / suggestions.

Robert: No harm done buddy. You are right on the member issue. I wouldn't even begin to have any idea how many units one would order for calendars. Now some shirts, i do have an idea there. I wonder how many active members are still on ths site. By active i would say that they are the ones that have posted in the last 6 months. People like 2Shelbys. Good guy but he's taking care of some business and needed some time away. Hasn't posted in awhile and i know there are many of those. Wish there were methods of determining this for logistics. Every now and then i'll get a reminder that i'm missed over on the B body site. Never get one from FABO as i'm always here. They'd probably give me an invite to leave first. Just jokin Mods. I'll check the pice on the printing of calendars here as i know there are places in big cities that will skin ya and wont do any better work. I'll get back as soon as i find out.
"Who is Joey?" You jerkin with us now aint ya Spaz? If you really dont know just let me know and i'll do a "Who is Joey" thread in the general section and bring everyone up to speed as best as i know it.
Small Block

Yeh, just jerkin with you as always.
If you have never watched that movie "A History of Violence" with Ed Harris, Viggo Mortensen, and Maria Bello, you really need to see it.
Every time you hear the name "Joey" it will make you think of this movie.
I'd say it's my second favorite movie of all time right next to "Red Dawn."

I think because my Wife is a dead ringer for Maria Bello, and the movie is really an instant classic with some seriously sweet asskickin scenes.

Here's the deal on the calenders: Too expensive for the up-front money.

Sorry this died quietly, but like everything else in life, it comes down to money. Now, if someone out there wants to become the calender co-ordinater, with a fat wallet......

How much money we talkin about?

Christmas is coming and I've seen FABO members step up to the plate before.

Like I said before, I'd be willing to donate $100.oo to start the ball rolling.

Check my "Calendar Info" post. The ball is rolling. I'm not a guy with a fat wallet but i am the can do kinda guy. This nation has been putting rockets on the moon for a long time and you tell me a bunch like this cant get a calendar off the ground? Hide and watch. It is underway on the planning stages. It WILL happen. John, PM me on a proof of your car if you want it in there. After all we need one car owned by a mod.
Small Block

-
Back