Factory HEMI Head!

-
People have pissed all over other peoples' dreams since the beginning of time. That's never stopped anyone from achieving a damn thing. Rock on, Tony.

0619122137.jpg

Edit: Not mine. Belongs to Howard Davis. Billet aluminum head slant six

Last edited:
Looks cool... but shouldn't there be a heat shield between the exhaust tubes and the bottom of the intake....or am I looking at it wrong??

Treblig

View attachment 1715023905

Edit: Not mine. Belongs to Howard Davis. Billet aluminum head slant six
Couple of questions if You can answer them;
1) That engine is a drag only piece run as a "hot block"?
2) Dry sump and fuel pump driven off the crank,...alky or ????
3) What did this end up in, & is there any photo/video of it?

Whatever happened to the slant six hemi head experiment over at slantsix.org?

Whatever happened to the slant six hemi head experiment over at slantsix.org?
AFAIK, there never was one, the only thing I am aware of is somebody cut & fused/JB welded/bondo'd/taped/super-glued/whatever'd 2 3/4's 1st Gen HEMI heads
together for a gag mock-up/photo op/whatever....... You're the Devil!,..........now go back to eating babies & leave this poor thread alone! 7 trumpets can't be
long now.............................

Couple of questions if You can answer them;
1) That engine is a drag only piece run as a "hot block"?
2) Dry sump and fuel pump driven off the crank,...alky or ????
3) What did this end up in, & is there any photo/video of it?

I don't really want to comment on it. As I have never seen the engine in person, and Howard has not shared a lot of info about it, on the net. I have only met him once, and that was over 10 years ago. I just wanted to let beople know there is a real slant six billet aluminum head running. As far as I know, it is a one and only. The engine is in a Duster called the Hillside Six

Does anybody know Who & where this head was done up? Polara1974 is the same
.org member? didn't know He'd done this..
Chamber4.jpg

Last edited:
And this shot, a foreign casting, don't recognize the name....
Head5.jpg

Interesting pic, Killer6—where'd you fi
Interesting pic, Killer6—where'd you find it?
i googled Tahull Co,
Got things like a city in Spain and a marketing company in Brazil,
I can remember seeing a post on .org that back in the 70's there was a racing series
Maybe in Argentina that included special build slant six motors,, I believe a guy that went by 66cuda on .org got one of these special heads with heart shaped combustion chambers shipped up from SA,, then he disappeared from that forum....

That Argentinian head was a factory piece, not the same as this what's in the pic (no "Tahull" or "Tahuil" or weird rocker studs.

theres definatley no different in our aussie heads for the slantys as they were all us sourced, no casting of any slants was done downunder, they were all assembled in Australia though,
interestly the hemi 6 was a us designed engine to replace the rg series( slant six) the us made them and mucked around with them and gave up , the Australians fixed a lot of the harmonics and valve train problems with the
d series engine ( hemi 6) and we used them from 1970 until 1981
interstingly again there is a aftermarket aluminium cyl head available for the hemi 6 , made in Australia called the chi head ( cyl head improvements ) which I believe is a raised port/raised height version,
so if the aussies can cast and build a full aluminum head for the hemi 6 and we are sending all the aussie speed slant 6 intakes etc to you guys , I'm sure really that a aftermarket aluminum cyl head would not be that hard,
on another note a guy in oz is selling a us 61 Plymouth valiant with the aluminum block and is sprouting it also has a very rare prototype aluminum head...one of 2 or something like that....

Everyone that has seen this pic on Pinterest thinks it is a real live running engine. The stories and rumors never stop with it.
Yes, interesting there was 1 photo and no more exist. It looks like it's in a early 60's Valiant or Lancer by the looks of the front fenders and it looks like a street car.

-
Back