Fall Fling Picture Thread!

-
Yea the weather sucked but at least it wasn't scorching hot. Think it scared a lot of folks off. The all jet black Demon was my favorite. There were a lot of cool rides along with an unrestored hemi r/t challenger. Was a cool trip just got home from 6 hour drive. Went to Peterson Automotive Museum in LA and I've got to say was a cool place and recommend folks to check it out if they are in the LA area.

Did you buy any parts? If so what?

Nah there were a few things that caught my eye but most guys were rrrrreal proud of their stuff. I wanted to buy a car but nothing there caught my eye aside from the C duster. Need to focus on the 65 and quit trying to buy other stuff. Really didn't see much stuff for early A's. Got some good info on sources that I needed but all in all a good experience. Looking forward to spring fling. Hopefully I can make that one. Who would have thought the weather would have been shitty. My luck.

Nah there were a few things that caught my eye but most guys were rrrrreal proud of their stuff. I wanted to buy a car but nothing there caught my eye aside from the C duster. Need to focus on the 65 and quit trying to buy other stuff. Really didn't see much stuff for early A's. Got some good info on sources that I needed but all in all a good experience. Looking forward to spring fling. Hopefully I can make that one. Who would have thought the weather would have been shitty. My luck.

Sounds like you have most of the stuff to finish your car. Or stuff you'd only buy brand new?

There were midway vendors selling paint gasket kids, window seals, etc.

This is what I got in the swap...

$30
Pair New 70-72 E/B disk brake hoses
New 71 383 AVS E/B body fuel line
New two throttle return springs​
$40
4 sets of engine compartment gasket kits for 67-72 A-body
1 wiper seal kit
1 gas tank tube to trunk floor big rubber seal and quarter panel foam seal for 67-72 A-body.​

$250 1974 A-body 4 speed bare. No shift levers or rods. 2.47 1st gear. I was able to open side cover and inspect gears/syncros. Would not have paid that w/o side cover inspection. Still need shifter handle, shifter adapter plate, and rods/levers
$5 New 68-70 charger trunk weatherstrip
$60 New 68-76 A-body front windshield seal
$5 Pair A/B body interior door handles not pits nice chrome.
$40 Flywheel 10” need resurface

Attachments

• FF12ParstBoughtSm02.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 107
i had a good time, dick landy's daughter had some cool old stuff for sale, but her storys were awesome! i scored a pass side mirror and sway bar. didnt mind the whether. had a good time

Cool 70 340 Duster: vitamin C orange, buckets, console auto, black stripes, . Had non orginal 360 2 bbl on it. Some rusty front floor pans. I think from heater core.

$3750 OBO.

I love what you guys consider rust, LOL

This is what I got in the swap...

$30
Pair New 70-72 E/B disk brake hoses
New 71 383 AVS E/B body fuel line
New two throttle return springs​
$40
4 sets of engine compartment gasket kits for 67-72 A-body
1 wiper seal kit
1 gas tank tube to trunk floor big rubber seal and quarter panel foam seal for 67-72 A-body.​

$250 1974 A-body 4 speed bare. No shift levers or rods. 2.47 1st gear. I was able to open side cover and inspect gears/syncros. Would not have paid that w/o side cover inspection. Still need shifter handle, shifter adapter plate, and rods/levers
$5 New 68-70 charger trunk weatherstrip
$60 New 68-76 A-body front windshield seal
$5 Pair A/B body interior door handles not pits nice chrome.
$40 Flywheel 10” need resurface

Looks like you got some good stuff. What's a good weather stripping company that you use? My car is a 65 conv so yea I'm going to need new window felt etc... I'm converting mine to auto not by choice and still have my factory hurst 4 speed that's in great shape if you need one. Rods are sold already. Would have been nice to meet some fabo people that have given me some good links along the way. The guy with the 67 dart conv was helpful. I've been looking for a fabric top with glass window for mine for years with no luck. He gave me some good leads and was a cool dude. Wish the ground wasn't so F ing muddy, was a ***** rolling my wheelchair through there. :banghead:

Looks like you got some good stuff. What's a good weather stripping company that you use? My car is a 65 conv so yea I'm going to need new window felt etc... I'm converting mine to auto not by choice and still have my factory hurst 4 speed that's in great shape if you need one. Rods are sold already. Would have been nice to meet some fabo people that have given me some good links along the way. The guy with the 67 dart conv was helpful. I've been looking for a fabric top with glass window for mine for years with no luck. He gave me some good leads and was a cool dude. Wish the ground wasn't so F ing muddy, was a ***** rolling my wheelchair through there. :banghead:

I just need the shifter handle itself. 65 handles are different than 68-up non console A-body handles I believe.

Rick Guisto from AZ with the blue 69 GT Dart convertible post here. I forgot his username.

The front glass seal is in a Precision brand package. I'm pretty sure there is only one manufacture for this. Some vendors re-bag them.

67 Dart Convertible? Are you sure you weren't talking about the blue and cream 69 Convertible? Otherwise, I remember being present when the owner talking with a guy about trying to find a good, convertible 65 Dart fabric. German quality fabric??? We may have been right next to each other and didn't even know it. :D

This must be tattosbyKJ's car

KJ, what parts did you buy?

Attachments

• FF12SteveWSm134.JPG
    210.1 KB · Views: 96
Halloween A-body !!!

Attachments

• FF12SteveWSm064.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 96
Ah! Right on! Did you have your car there? Or are you like me with an unrunning hole in your garage floor that you run and throw money in every month in hopes that someday before too long it will run? Ha!

Ah! Right on! Did you have your car there? Or are you like me with an unrunning hole in your garage floor that you run and throw money in every month in hopes that someday before too long it will run? Ha!

The second answer is pretty dead on.:banghead: It seems every time I try to fix one thing, the problem becomes bigger than it seems. I currently have a big hole in my 68 Dart's firewall from where a master cylinder used to go. I have to fix that first before anything. Hopefully, I should be able to make it to Spring Fling unless I'm out of state that week.

When it was running:
IMAG0761.jpg

How it sits now (minus booster and master cylinder):
IMG_20121006_153257_zps50bde77f.jpg

Oh yea I've seen shots of it before. Looks like one hell of a nice platform to build whatever you want. Any big plans or just going to retain the stock look of her. I've always been a big fan of the 67-69 body styles. After I finish my 65 pro-touring style dart it's going to be a 67-69 hard top that I want to build. Have to see how things go

Oh yea I've seen shots of it before. Looks like one hell of a nice platform to build whatever you want. Any big plans or just going to retain the stock look of her. I've always been a big fan of the 67-69 body styles. After I finish my 65 pro-touring style dart it's going to be a 67-69 hard top that I want to build. Have to see how things go

The 68 Dart is by far one of my favorite mopars and this was the cleanest and cheapest one I could find in the past 2 years. In the long run I'd like to go with a semi-proturing corner carver kind of car, but for now (since I'm still in college) I'm going to maintain it as a driver and slowly fix and upgrade all the little kinks. I'd like to just cruise in it for a while. I have more info of what I'd like to do in my project thread, I think.

Steve,

Where was Darrel from the high desert with all his parts?

Were you dying to buy something from him? ;)

I think he was out of town hunting or something. He was not there buying either.

Were you dying to buy something from him? ;)

I think he was out of town hunting or something. He was not there buying either.

Not this particular time.:D I have found rare items I needed under a time restraint and of course paid the price in the past. Just thought it was unusually for him not to be there.

Here is my small stash from fall fling.

Attachments

• Fire station open house 2012.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 72
Ha! I saw that wheel and thought about buying it. Man guys were not giving anything away. There was a guy that was selling commando 273 chrome air cleaners for 325 bucks! And he was selling them. I sold mine for 175 and I thought that was high market value. I've come to the realization that stuff is going up fast which sucks for us blue collar guys that work for a living and do our best to make our cars presentable.

Ha! I saw that wheel and thought about buying it. Man guys were not giving anything away. There was a guy that was selling commando 273 chrome air cleaners for 325 bucks! And he was selling them. I sold mine for 175 and I thought that was high market value. I've come to the realization that stuff is going up fast which sucks for us blue collar guys that work for a living and do our best to make our cars presentable.

Yea it's only cheap when you're selling. I didn't get any killer deals but I like what I bought. The aftermarket steering wheels I just don't like. Wanted a rim blow but there pretty much all **** if there original. I may spring for a reproduction later and will use this adaptor and horn button on it.

The license plate frames I thought were cool because there matching, decent shape, and say plymouth on them. Just need some paint to be nice driver quality.

That's for sure huh. Ill post some of the pics I took tomorrow. Did you see that all original hemi challenger? Man I was drooling on that sucker! Looks untouched aside from the wheels and no way the carpet was original. Like I said in an earlier post that all black demon was killer. Like the way it sat and its sinister look. It's what I'm shooting for on mine.

That's for sure huh. Ill post some of the pics I took tomorrow. Did you see that all original hemi challenger? Man I was drooling on that sucker! Looks untouched aside from the wheels and no way the carpet was original. Like I said in an earlier post that all black demon was killer. Like the way it sat and its sinister look. It's what I'm shooting for on mine.

There was a guy from Pismo Beach that came down to the show that remembers working on that Challenger 30+ years ago. He posted on another web board if anyone knew the Challenger owner and he had an old picture ofthe car. I put them in contact with each other.

When the current Challenger owner got the car, it had the same slot aluminun rims on it with tires that stuck out past the quarters. He just didn't want to drive it around that way.

At Fall Fling on Saturday.... Then back in the day (80's?)

Attachments

• 7429920-1020120904.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 70HemiChallengerVintagePic.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 66
Great pics and Great to see some Aussie Chargers there.

-
Back