fast or atomic efi ?

-
I've done some reading on this, and from what I've seen, other than low end idle, low speed cruise quality, and emissions, there just might not be a hellofalot'o advantage to sequential over batch/ bank fire.
Agree. Sequential fire mainly helps at idle, for slightly lower emissions. At higher rpm's, the injectors are spraying longer than the intake valve is open, so doesn't really matter. One outstanding question is how important it is for the injectors to aim the spray at the intake valves. I doubt it matters much, as long as the spray goes into the individual runners. More important is that all the injectors have matched flow.

I think if you try, any of them can make a clean install.

Attachments

• IMAG0196_zps60e16618.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 356
Here are more pictures of my install. I'm still working on the cold air intake I'm going to run into the passenger fender. Just need to trim up the 4" tubing Ill be using. Don't mind the dusty pictures. The car had been in the garage sitting for nearly a year while I got the 408 put together. As soon as I get it back together its going straight to the detailer for a good cleaning.
uk5y.jpg

7yvv.jpg

This picture you should be able to see where I came through the firewall. just back and slightly below the valve cover.
tcf0.jpg

kbe3.jpg

fuel regulator on the lower section of the passenger fender. The cold air intake will go into the fender just above it where those three holes are from my old filter relocation kit. I will be drilling a 4-1/4" hole to fit my piping through to the inner fender were the filter will be.
xxax.jpg

New pickup with a 3/8" feed line and I removed the little 1/4" vapor line and replaced it with the stock 5/1" feed line welded on to be used as the return line.
jkrt.jpg

Here is the location of the fuel pump. it sits right behind the tank. I have a hard line bent up from the stock pickup location to go around the tank flush and into the pump and out to the fuel line you see on the right attached to the frame rail. The tank is currently out because I was fighting a leak on the pickup but I think I have it fixed and will get it back in very soon.
c4c5.jpg

I wish I had the Mod Man Multi-port intake before I post these pics but I'm kinda pumped about todays delivery so without further delay here is another cool engine add on part for the 416 to make it stand out a little more. Dual Polished FAST EFI throttle bodies (1375 CFM each) FAST Dual sync distributor, FAST 2.0 XFI 2.0 and all the wiring and sensors. I'm still waiting on a Indy Mod Man intake converted to run Multi port EFI with Bosch injectors (44 lb/hr) and 18" Fast fuel rails being set up by Richard Nedbal from Fastman EFI. The bottom Picture is a unmodified Mod Man intake without the top plate. Another thing I think is really cool is the fact that the throttle bodies are only 2" tall, no hood clearance problems here.
Attached Images
attachment.php

Attachments

• duster 009.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 316
  • duster 016.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 322
  • duster 024.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 314
-
Back