Finally got a Dart!

-

mopars

Reaction score
Hey, Finally got a dart, its a 67 GT dart 2 door, slant 6 with a consle on the floor. Hopeing the pick up the car soon. So i'm going to say thanks to everyone because i'm probley going to have alot of question this being my first build ever. So my first question is can you get replace C pillar for the roofs? Thanks!!!

dart_003.jpg

dart_044.jpg

congrats on the dart. and might i add OUCH! lol. it looks like you can add some sheetmetal to clean that up, im not a body expert by any means, but im sure it can be fixed. Hope your handy, good luck, and congrats

You should check out the thread in this forum by seventyswinger called "finally starting", you two could comiserate over your roof woes :drinkers:

I have no idea if you can get re-pop pieces but even if you can the fit is always an issue. See if you can find a doner car.

Congrats. on your Dart!
Talk to AbodyJoe about your roof rust repair he did basically the same rust repair to a Dart he had a few years ago.

Hey Joe, If you wouldn't mind could you send me the pics on the roof and how you did it would be great!! I dont know if you email them or what but here my email. [email protected]
Thanks again from also a Joe

DAM ABODYJOE you got some skills:notworth:

thanks but that was the first time djv and i had ever tried anythig like that... its easier then you would think.. spot welds are easy to learn and using metal cut from another car really makes it easy because it will fit.. and all the curves are the same..

Hey Joe, If you wouldn't mind could you send me the pics on the roof and how you did it would be great!! I dont know if you email them or what but here my email. [email protected]
Thanks again from also a Joe

heres a bunch of the pics.. http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=2824267&uid=1015335&members=1

they are kinda scrambled up but i think if you go through them you'll get the idea.... i have a bunch more but i would have to send you a disc with them all on it..

one thin i would do different is not take the rear cowl out untill the new corners are back in..

Congratulations mopars.:supz: A 1967 to boot.:thumbrig:
Still waiting on my A bodie.
You have came to the right place,
Enjoy and keep us updated.
Do you have any full view pictures of your 67 .

You should contact USCGCHARGER, he might have a few donor cars that might have usable pieces for you, if not, I know for a fact that CTC Auto Ranch in Denton TX has some cars thay can send you donor pieces for, I saw them with my own eyes.

100_0981.jpg

100_0978.jpg

100_0976.jpg

100_0975.jpg

100_0974.jpg

100_0973.jpg

100_0971.jpg

100_0959.jpg

100_0940.jpg

100_0939.jpg

100_0937.jpg

100_0936.jpg

100_0981.jpg

100_0981.jpg

100_0978.jpg

100_0978.jpg

100_0976.jpg

100_0976.jpg

100_0975.jpg

100_0975.jpg

100_0974.jpg

100_0974.jpg

100_0973.jpg

100_0973.jpg

100_0971.jpg

100_0971.jpg

100_0959.jpg

100_0959.jpg

100_0940.jpg

100_0940.jpg

100_0939.jpg

100_0939.jpg

100_0937.jpg

100_0937.jpg

100_0936.jpg

100_0936.jpg

Wow!!
Walking in a garden of mopars.:toothy7:

I had a chance to buy a 67 Dart 6 cyl Floor shift/auto car once! Was in highschool with no $$$$

Jason
71 Dart

Hey Guys, the DART IS Home but i dont have any pic of the dart at my place yet, but i got the one when it was being sold. Just like some opinions on what is the best spot to start on the car for work? I"m starting on the cleaning of the interoir due to the new garage floor isn't in yet. thanks

dart crop1.jpg

place to start?? can really start anywhere i guess.. but i think i would go after that rear window rot and get that out of the way..

I would start by giving a full going over. Have a notebook and write down everything that you notice needs to be done. Look at brakes, hoses, belts etc. Anything that could leave you stranded or cause you to lose control. Remember, this is a 40 year old vehicle, that may have been sitting for awhile.

I also like to clean everything out that belonged to the previous owners. That way, if something is found in my car, then it must belong to me. I have found some pretty strange stuff under seats, under spare tires etc.

Have fun with your new project!!

Congtats on your Dart purchase!!!! I just looked on "Dr Mopar" website
and he's got some Darts for parts. Good luck! Mike

Hey guys, the slant 6 engine is out of the car and the K frame are now out of the car. I'm also curious about when coming to the engine bay do i sand down the gray paint till its smooth then paint it with the epoxy paint?

engine out.jpg

k frame.jpg

engine paint.jpg

Hey, Its been a while, thought i'd give you some updates of the dart. The car is now on a rotis. and the K frame is out of the car, the rear end and shocks, and were taking off the undercoating and expoy paint has been bought for the car, But in doing so the were also finding that there are a few more small and some big holes in the car and i'd like some opinions on which is the best way on fixing this. Thanks,

PC200726.jpg

PC200727.jpg

PC200728.jpg

PC200729.jpg

PC200730.jpg

PC200731.jpg

PC200735.jpg

PC200736.jpg

PC200734.jpg

Hey Mopars. looks like you are on your way to a great project. I just wish I had more time with mine. One of these days I will start my restore tread.. although I am not doing restore just fixing er up.

The right way to do it is to cut the metal out and replace it. You can also get a cheap brake and a roller to make your own panels, if its not a resto, then they dont need to look stock. The tire well can be ordered. I have seen people replace the tire well with a flat sheetmetal floor with some beads rolled in it for strength, some box tubing welded underneath for bracing, then a fuel cell under the floor.

Then there is the cosmetic way. If the metal is basically good and you got rid of all the rust, you can fill some of the small pinholes with labmetal, sand it down and paint over it. SOme say its a crappy way of doing it, but if done properly and sealed from future rust, it could last a long time. I would limit it to a few pinholes though, if the panel looks like swiss cheese, then its time to replace it.

-
Back