Signing the ORIGINAL title to me!
042001951805009556284.jpg

007-20.jpg

012-11.jpg

011-14.jpg

009-16.jpg

Here is where it was sitting!
042001951747019553338.jpg

It is full of DUST(No pun intended on the DUSTER) and is full of old gas but I backed it off the trailer!
0420111740a95312537.jpg

0420111747a95310452.jpg

0420111749c95318628.jpg

010-12.jpg

Sitting in my garage dirty and filthy still lol.

It will get washed. I had to crawl out the window and roll it up as far as I could to haul it home. There was NO WAY I was going to a car wash with the window half way down........ Kind of a weird car, has power steering, manual drum brakes and a single point dist!!!!!!

I think that "patina" is called "chicken coop". That poor thing is begging for a detail. Nice find you lucky dog. Is it as original as it looks?

All I've got to say is the guy you bought it from isn't much of an Iowa farmer - he could've planted a crop in the dirt sitting on your Duster!

Seriously, nice find! But now you've taken the 'Before' pics please wash your car. If you live on a hill you may want to warn the neighbors downstream of the impending mud river heading their way.
The interior looks like it should clean up nice.
Post some 'after bath' pics.
What're the build plans?

Very nice find! Goes to show they are still out there.

I think that "patina" is called "chicken coop". That poor thing is begging for a detail. Nice find you lucky dog. Is it as original as it looks?
Yep it is pretty original. I hope to fix it up but leave it as much original as I can. It needs lower quarters and 2 small patches on the rockers. To bad he lived on gravel his whole life..............The trunk, floors,doors, fenders, trunk, hood, uni body cowl and inner fenders around the hood hinges are all solid. It stinks real bad of old gas.

What a cool car...thanks for sharing the pictures.Pretty neat to have the original title signed over to you as well.

Going by the fender tag,your Duster just had it's 40th birthday on the 8th of this month so you might want to bring it slice of birthday cake soon.

The L4 interior code is for the up-option split-back bench seat with the folding armrest which comes with two tone upholstery and is black/silver (X9) on your car.

There's some other nice options on it as well,with the tach,dual sport mirrors,tinted windshield,chrome exhaust tips,and light package.Looks like the tips have been replaced somewhere along the way,I wonder if the original owner might still have the factory ones...

According to Chrysler literature at the time,only 340 Dusters with 4-speeds came with dual point distributors that year so the automatic cars would have the single point unit.

Congratulations :happy7: I can't wait to see it after a defrag :yawinkle:
You got yourself a dandy muscle A body for sure :love4:
Keep us posted PLEASE!!!!

What a cool car...thanks for sharing the pictures.Pretty neat to have the original title signed over to you as well.

Going by the fender tag,your Duster just had it's 40th birthday on the 8th of this month so you might want to bring it slice of birthday cake soon.

The L4 interior code is for the up-option split-back bench seat with the folding armrest which comes with two tone upholstery and is black/silver (X9) on your car.

There's some other nice options on it as well,with the tach,dual sport mirrors,tinted windshield,chrome exhaust tips,and light package.Looks like the tips have been replaced somewhere along the way,I wonder if the original owner might still have the factory ones...

According to Chrysler literature at the time,only 340 Dusters with 4-speeds came with dual point distributors that year so the automatic cars would have the single point unit.
The dual point distributor could have been pulled if they had problems setting it. Just a thought :pr:

71 340 cars came with drum brakes as std equipment. Disc was an option.

4 speed cars got dual point distributor, auto got a single point.

That front seat is, IMO, the best seat ever put in an A body.

Cool car and nice find. I bet it cleans up pretty nice.

I gotta say nice car! So while on your way home why didn't you just pull up to a car wash and can the thing off (just asking not tryin to pick on you or nothin)

Glad your planning on keeping it original. An unmolested survivor like this one is rare indeed. I had a '72 Demon that was a twin to this Duster, brings back the memories. Can't get over how nice the seats look, it's like it just rolled off the sales lot. What is the mileage, can't quite make it out in the dash pic. Just out of curiosity is there a washer welded on the front of the K frame just above the seam where the top & bottom halves are spot welded together?

rapom65: Don't forget about the torque boxes. Last year we had that discussion along with the washer on the K-frame. Some 340 cars had torque boxes and some did not.

-
Back