FINALLY; it runs with some authortity!!!!

-
Congrats Bill and Freddie on your accomplishments.This proves your never "Too Old" to play with toys.Play safe!:D

Open a youtube.com account, upload the video and copy/past a link to it here. The quality is way better than using a photobucket account in my opinion. Plus the link can play right in your post with youtube.

Not much point in doing that until the better weather gets here and we make it to the strip, but I'll practice, in the meanime. Thanks for the tutorial!!!

Man, this really has me wanting to plan out a mild turbo slant six build even though I don't even have a car to put it in. Lol

LOL. When I noticed this thread was in the /6 forum, I nearly passed it by. I think we need piccures and videos!!

Your work was worth it Bill. Just think you could of built one of these like everybody else! lol
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwig1tgUtY"]Pedal-Car Gets Pulled Over By Toronto Cops. - YouTube[/ame]

LOL. When I noticed this thread was in the /6 forum, I nearly passed it by. I think we need piccures and videos!!

I thank you for your interest!!!!!

I have posted most of these before, but here are a few, for anyone who might not have seen them...

I will wait for the drag strip for the videos; it's a 4-door sedan, f'r cryin' out loud... LOL!:violent1:

Attachments

• 100_3616.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 571
  • 100_3609.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 827
  • 100_3622-001.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 573
  • 100_3776.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 566
  • 100_3786.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 565
  • 100_3720.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 883
wow that is one fine lookin job u guys made on this car Bill i love it and cant wait to see some video.

Good job Bill! That thing looks like a runner. I always tell anyone who wants to go turbo that it will take 2 years to build even if you have a running car already! Home made turbo cars take time to complete and are very hard and require a lot of skill to complete. You and your buddy should be real proud of your accomplishment!!!!!

So Bill,the concerns you had with the Aussie Intake a problem now ??

Dennis, we still haven't got a clue as to how this thing is going to run on the drag strip. It wasn't built to be a street car, and just because it will spin some skinny street tires, that doesn't mean anything more than that it has some low end torque. Most of these turbo engines have that, even if the rest of the build is 100% wrong. But, we were down for so long...

Yeah, it was exciting for a while, but we're going to have to see a lot more definitive performace displayed before we can say that it's a runner.

We only have the front two barrells operational on our 750 Holley; the back linkage is disconnected; not even opening those back two butterflies. We had such a terrible time tuning it with all 4 barrells opening, Tom Wolfe pointed out that Ryan's Valiant ran pretty fast on just the front two barrells, so we unhooked our back two and the tuning got a lot easier...

So, we still have a ways to go, but I THINK we're on the right track... Talk's cheap; we'll see.

Thanks for ytour interest!!!

Now's the Buzzin' half Duzzin' running?:happy1:

Good job Bill! That thing looks like a runner. I always tell anyone who wants to go turbo that it will take 2 years to build even if you have a running car already! Home made turbo cars take time to complete and are very hard and require a lot of skill to complete. You and your buddy should be real proud of your accomplishment!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words!!! We have a ways to go on the tuning, yet, but at least, we know it'll make some boost.... and boost iS addictive!!! :)

wow that is one fine lookin job u guys made on this car Bill i love it and cant wait to see some video.

Jimmy, we thank you a lot for the nice compliment! I'd be happy if it could run in the 12's right now, but we're gonna have to wait for some better weather to find out...

We appreciate the encouragement a lot!!!

Very Cool! I love what people are doing with these slants...

Thanks!!!

We have some hood callouts like the 340 wedge in your avatar, that are made in that size and style that say "234 turbo." It's a 225 /6 bored .065" so it's 234 cubes... They're not on the car yet, but they will be on the flat black (actually, satin) fiberglass hood, soon.

All in good fun... :)

Thanks!!!

We have some hood callouts like the 340 wedge in your avatar, that are made in that size and style that say "234 turbo." It's a 225 /6 bored .065" so it's 234 cubes... They're not on the car yet, but they will be on the flat black (actually, satin) fiberglass hood, soon.

All in good fun... :)

Bill,
Sounds like that car is a riot! I would just go with 225 callouts. Afterall, its hard enough for these engines to get any respect. Now there will be the myth of the super rare 234 cubic inch turbo slant 6 engine to contend with....lol

Bill,
Sounds like that car is a riot! I would just go with 225 callouts. Afterall, its hard enough for these engines to get any respect. Now there will be the myth of the super rare 234 cubic inch turbo slant 6 engine to contend with....lol

You make a good point. I may just change those to read 225; after all, whoever heard of a 234 slant six???

Got to have a Plymouth on it some where Bill if it was mine :coffee2:

234 ci/Pack

Enjoy your day Bill, and if you see Freddy say howdy for me.. I am learning
that if you want to grow old you can't be a wussy :D You 2 rock :cheers:

I don't remember if I asked, what's been done to the cylinder head on your setup?

I don't remember if I asked, what's been done to the cylinder head on your setup?

Good question...

I bought this head off ebay; a pig in a poke. Lucky for us, (Freddie and myself) the guy selling it was honest.

He said it was ported and had 1.75"/1.5" valves in it.

I paid him $700.00 for it, sight unseen.

When it arrived here (the seller said that it came out of a Dodge Van in a junkyard in Las Vegas!!!!) I took it to the machine shop that was doing all of our machine work (boring and balancng, etc...)

He magnafluxed it and couldn't find any cracks; pressure tested it, looked at the porting job and said i looked pretty good to him... he builds racing engines exclusively at that ahop. ) He tested it for flatness and found less than a thousandth of an inch variation from one end to the other, so, not wanting to make the combustion chambers any smaller than they were, I declined a clean-up milling. He agreed... said it had never been milled.

It weighs 84 pounds!!!

He gound the valves, putting a 3-angle valve job on it, using the valves that came with it, and back-cut them.

It's a drool tube head, which means you can get the lifters out of the engine with the head on. I guess you can't do that with the non-drool-tube head, although it (the later head) reportedly has a better combustion chamber.

We put a new set of 340 springs on it, with some pretty weak inners.

That gives us about 135 pounds on the seat and a little over 300 pounds, open.

Bet you're sorry you asked... LOL!

-
Back