Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Well I ordered my axels from Trevor on this site,he sent them out Wed. and they came today!2 days for delivery?I,m impressed.Just went out and slid them in no problem.Now I can get my new brake hardware on,and set her back down on her own feet(car has been up on stands since X-mas)make a driveshaft and take her for a spin around the block.I,ll keep posted.Maybe next is the mini-tub?Can anybody tell me the biggest 15 inch tire I can squeeze under there without the mini-tub?15x7 bbp rallys.

hi there i put 225 70 r15 on the back
its a 64 dart with a narrowed for a body 8&3/4
i had to cut out a bit of inner fenderwell
and still get a little tire rub when weighed down.
they are 15x7 keystone wheels
i think i somewhat safely maxed out that tire space
probably wanna go a little smaller

I went to help work on the 66 Dart,got the hood stripped and wirewheeled on the underside(alot of work)and got some more done on the firewall.I used paint stripper and wire wheel for the most part.My pass. door needs a patch along the bottom,then the pass side and rear(trunk lid)are basically done.Still waiting on my 1/4 panel from DVAP:-#(being shipped today)These guys sure like to take there sweet time(has been 6 weeks since ordering)Just a couple update pics..
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 128.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 127.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 130.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 131.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 129.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 120.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 126.jpg

That,s Ed (66 Dartman)telling me I missed a spot LOL

Finally today I picked up my 1/4 panel from Toronto Airport,shipped from Arizona...Desert Valley Auto parts.The 1/4 panel came with the wheelwell and trunk extension and is in amazing shape(no bondo or rust).This was shipped Forward-Air so no broker fees,border fees,but did pay $62 taxes and shipping.No time to get the old one off and this one on.

I,d like to thank member 6pk2goDemon (C):love2:for going out of the way,to help me pick the right 1/4 panel and steering me in the right direction.Thanks C.=D>

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 132.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 135.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 138.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 136.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 134.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 133.jpg

Well,I,m off work for a couple days and gonna run this 1/4 panel out to 66 Dartmans(Ed)ontop of a truck load of wood(free heat for his shop woodstove).Gonna be drilling alot of spotwelds the next couple days to get the 1/4 put on right.Will get some update pics of the 66 Dart.:cya:

Wow Scott. That is a nice 1/4. Keep those photos comin'

Well today is my daughter Haelee Jean,s 4th birthday,this will be her 5th Christamas also.I thought I,d share a pic of the cake my 78 yr old father made for her.Enjoy!View attachment 199424

View attachment 199425

View attachment 199426

I have 2 nights left at work,then 11 days off!WooHoo!!Time to get the 66 Dart off to start the body and paint.The best part of this is I get to help and be there while Ed starts this project.I,m getting excited to be working on the car again.I know it sounds funny,but I enjoy working on it.LOL:clock::cheers:

I know Im a little late here but my daughter turned 5 on Dec 21. Happy very belated birthday yo your little one !

Thanks for my daughters belated birthday wishes AdamR.:thumrigh:

Tracy(Fishy68)Dealing with DVAP was good,but the shipping part took some time to finally get someone who understood shipping Air-Freight.Duh!!
I paid $460 for the complete 1/4 with wheelwell and trunk extension..rust-free!:thumrigh:

Now for pics of work done the last 2 days.Thanks Ed,for letting me come and stay at your house and get to help work on the car.:thumrigh::hello1:

Oh,got my leaf springs back in with the Caltracs also.
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 141.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 144.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 145.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 142.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 143.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 153.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 155.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 156.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 158.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 166.jpg

More pics of drilling all the spotwelds to remove unwanted metal.Ready to fit!
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 162.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 164.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 167.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 169.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 170.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 175.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 173.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 188.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 183.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 181.jpg

Now I,m sure everybody is wondering why not use the wheelwell?We just wanted the lip joining the 1/4 to wheelwell(already minitubbed)There was alot of drilling involved doing this and now needs trimming up to fit,then welded.This is a huge step in the completion of this project.:hello1:

Awesome Scott, glad to see the 1/4 arrived and your making some nice progress! Meee not so much, but Im off for a week at least

Looks like allot of good work is behind you Scott :cheers:
Please send out a late Birthday wish to your daughter for me from way down here in Arkansas :happy10::icescrea:
I told Creed if anything ever happened to me to look this thread over real good and bring Victoria up the same way 8)
Your 66 build sure douse make a man think about going this direction :clock: Creed said it needs to be dun now :-D:toothy10:
But you know me :happy10: I have to keep Victoria " Vicky" humble but yet stong for my adventurers in life.
A big Arkansas thank you from everyone here on the hill for sharing your knowledge with pictures of this grand build you have going on :-D

Thanks MeMike,I always look forward to your comments on my build.Tell Creed in time,he will find his own little early-A to play with.:cheers:

Beautiful work and work is an understatement.....mine has only a few dents in the roof that I don't feel confident enough to tackle....lol You guys that can do this kind of work definitely have some skills....!!!!!!!!

Rickster

Beautiful work and work is an understatement.....mine has only a few dents in the roof that I don't feel confident enough to tackle....lol You guys that can do this kind of work definitely have some skills....!!!!!!!!

Rickster
Thanks Rickster,but Ed,s the body/paint guy.I,m just there to help work along with him.I kinda enjoy working on my cars,I know it sounds stupid,but I,ve done my own work for years..except bodywork!YUK!!LOL

Thanks Rickster,but Ed,s the body/paint guy.I,m just there to help work along with him.I kinda enjoy working on my cars,I know it sounds stupid,but I,ve done my own work for years..except bodywork!YUK!!LOL

I hear ya I do all my own work also....but no-way when it comes to body work or paint...lol

Rickster

Hey Scott I been following this build and Blame You for my Dart addiction and making me miss the drag strip.Thanks ....
Not stealing anything from toolmanmike but the white quarter looks good....I mean Great.....
New Color choice? Could change you name pettywhitedart....HA HA
Great Build and I can't do bodywork either,so so at Painting...
Can wait till you get it done and back to racing
Martin TXDart

Attachments

• pettywhitedart.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 316
You know I thought about white,but will be keeping it blue,just a different blue.=P~Sorry for contributing to your addiction,but your a big boy now.LOL8)

I'll add a pic it doe's have some white LOL.:toothy9:

Attachments

• IMG00032-20110308-1256.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 256
Looks good Ed!=D>Will be there by noon tomorrow to help get er buttoned up.Will take some pics to update this thread.:glasses8:

-
Back