Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Scott, I just replayed your burnout video. Allthough it's only 14 seconds it really screams. Congrats to you for a job well done. Theres quicker times a comin' with that car. Mike

That motor sounds like a screamer. Sounds like you got into 3rd in the water?

That motor sounds like a screamer. Sounds like you got into 3rd in the water?
I was told to do my burnout in 2nd gear(I have the lower first gear)I shifted to 3rd to try and heat up more,as my previous passes I was breaking loose of the line.I then adjusted my QA-1 shocks to help transfer weight.I got down to 1.65 60fts from 1.9,s

Your new phrase will be "I looked through the windshield and saw nothing but blue sky" .

You didn't come off wrong at all Scott, I look at cars like yours as inspiration and almost a instruction guide :)

Congrats!!

11.30's fresh off the trailer for a 1st run.....:eek:ccasion: :toothy7:

Once you get traction and 60' times down, that lil' 66 has 10's written all over it!

Well 65Vart,I,ll tell ya I could,ve used you lastnight and today also.All the vids that I had people take are bits and pieces,part of a burnout,leaving after launch for 2 sec,s?If it wasn,t for people breaking down infront of me or the person being inpatient?Like I said,no full video of me doing a burnout,launch and a complete pass.I don,t know why people have such a hard time clicking a button,shooting the whole video,then clicking stop?My best run today was 11.32@120mph 60ft. was 1.65.I still have alot of stuff to check for adjustment.All in all was a good night/day/weekend event and I,m woopped.Will try and get some pieces of vids up after I load.

P.S Tracy(68Fish)My cam is a solid roller with .631 lift 252@258 .050

YouTube- My 66 Dart

YOU DOG YOU :cheers: 120 mph in the 1/4 mile =P~ That had to feel soooo good =P~ 11.30 for your first run you know there will be nothing but sky in your eyes with a good bite with slicks 8)
She sure has came along ways in 18 months bud :happy10::happy10:
That video sure felt good to see this morning 8)8)

Congratulations on a great day !!
Thank you for everything you shared with us here in this great thread

Ran again Friday night,still spinning.Bought some 28 inch slicks,so hope they help.I,m running against a stroked 427 BB here,wish I had traction off launch as I would,ve taken him.LOL.Best run was 11.38@118,this run was 11.73@117.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swp6OxsHQr4&NR=1"]YouTube- Racing the 66 Dart 001.avi[/ame]

Hey Scott. That's the video I wanted to see. The line lock works good, motor sounds good, and has more power than the tires can handle off the line. Are you loading it against the converter b/4 you leave or just stabbing the gas?

Been doing abit of both Mike,still gonna put the slicks on then will just PUNCH IT!off the line.:snakeman:I,ve made a total of 10 passes in 2 weekends.I,ve gotta lose the drag radials,they,re just not hooking for me.I need to readjust my rear brakes,now that I have the lineloc on.Was footbraking at my burnout.Time will tell.:clock:

Hey Petty, what size tires/wheels are you using?

What gear and convertor?

Thanks,
Mike

I kept watching your video trying to figure out why the little side step from the rear when you launched. You are spinning quite a bit and those slicks should hook you up. (I forgot you had drag radials until you just mentioned it.) Mike

I went out yesterday for some Canada Day T&T,best run was a 11.60@116 with the 28 inch slicks.I just ordered a new spool and 4.30 gears am hoping I can get the wheels to lift abit and get my 10.99 pass?Here,s a nice pic a cute young lady=P~:snakeman: had taken of a launch.:cheers:

Racing the 66 Dart 013.jpg

Spent the weekend out at Grand Bend Dragstrip with the 66 Dart.I ran a best of 11.20@118mph 60ft 1.57.Need to get the 4.30 spool in and will be in the 10,s for sure.The 410 is running great,not skipping a beat!:toothy10::cheers:

Hey Josh,once the 4.30 spool is in I,ll have 10,s for sure!Engine is running strong,even in the heat it won,t go past 170-180.I,m only running a stock 2 core with a 7 blade fan,no shroud.Go figure?

P.S Will show some pics from the weekend later in chat,nap time LOL.

-
Back