Finished and here it is!

-

Fishthatkills

Fish that kills
Reaction score
Thought ya'll would want to see the finished product! So here it is!

John B.

Attachments

• finished carb.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 604
Nice job! Always good when you put new shiny stuff on, especially when some extra speed goes along with it. :D

Looks good, shame you couldn't touch up the engine bay while the engine was out.

On 2nd thought, at a closer look, the engine wasn't out.

No engine pull this time around, I am building a nice 318 .030 overbore and all. I will do the paint and everthing when that swap is made. That will be a couple of years though. Just want to keep driving her for now while I rebuild a new drivetrian for her. The least amount of downtime is the goal, no use having something you can't enjoy now is there?

Here is a look at the "custom" throttle cable bracket and homemade kickdown rod. Enjoy! Total cost for the rod and bracket, 8.00 bucks!

And yes the climate around here is very awesome, no need for heat (at the moment anyway)!

John B.

Attachments

• Kickdown.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 482
No suggestions i'm broke and out of work too. Super nice looking. Ain't it sweet when things you do yourself come together!

I think I would ditch the dayglo wires and get a proper upper radiator hose but other than that it looks good.

I think I would ditch the dayglo wires and get a proper upper radiator hose but other than that it looks good.

YEP not trying to offend but that upper hose does look more like a drain P trap than it should....was that something laying around? or is that your final answer? LOL

Good Job! Very nice bracket, its great to make something you need when no one makes that certain part. Keep up the great work.

The upper hose is the correct one for a ac equiped car, which his is.
Nice job!

I like that. No need to spend a zillion dollars on every project.

For safety's sake; you might consider moving the fuel filter down below the alternator, and using steel tubing all the way to the carb. The factory did it that way. I believe I was told it's because if there's a leak, it's a lot less likely to start a fire.
They were always a pita to get at, but for a good reason.

To everyone thanks for the comments. I finished it off with an Edelbrock chrome 14 inch air cleaner, and it fit perfectly despite my modifications with the "custom" throttle bracket! And yes it is an A/C car and yes it would be safer with all steel tubing to the carb! However at the rate I inspect and baby this thing I doubt I will have any trouble with the fuel line. I do plan on a banjo fitting after market set-up, but Hey I want to drive my car and getting it ready to roll for this years Lone Star Round-up Cruise in this week end was my goal!

Again thanks to everyone for the help and comments to get this done on time and way under budget! BTW for those who critique and criticize others for the efforts they put into their rides, Read my bottom line, it says it all!

John B.

Looks good. Progress is always good and keeps one motivated. Just do a little at a time and before you know it, it will be finished. MMG

To everyone thanks for the comments. I finished it off with an Edelbrock chrome 14 inch air cleaner, and it fit perfectly despite my modifications with the "custom" throttle bracket! And yes it is an A/C car and yes it would be safer with all steel tubing to the carb! However at the rate I inspect and baby this thing I doubt I will have any trouble with the fuel line. I do plan on a banjo fitting after market set-up, but Hey I want to drive my car and getting it ready to roll for this years Lone Star Round-up Cruise in this week end was my goal!

Again thanks to everyone for the help and comments to get this done on time and way under budget! BTW for those who critique and criticize others for the efforts they put into their rides, Read my bottom line, it says it all!

John B.
I agree totaly...............Bottom line is just that..LOL.............Looks great. I too know what its like to have at times N.S.F............Its what you can make of it...........To drive it.........Hopefully soon mine might be on the road......keep up the great work and attitude.................Edd

Thanks Night Moves! I could just write a check and be done with it, but what's the fun in that right! Besides it's way more fun and rewarding to tackle a problem and design and build something to correct that problem. They do it at NASA all the time! So part of the reward for doing so is the ability to say "yes I did that myself" and be humble about it at the same time.

Roll ON!
John B.

Good job keep up the great work I remember when my cars all looked like that and I sure had alot fun with them don't let anybodys comments get you down you have a great attitude about your car enjoy it and drive it like you stole it.

-
Back