Fitech

-

vernfields jr

Reaction score
So who is running the fitech mean street 800hp. Have you had any problems with it. Is worth the money. How hard is to tune. Any information would be great. Thanks

I have been looking at FITECH as well. Haven't decided, but leaning toward some kind of power adders. GO6 or GO8. Can't wait to hear about what kind of experience FABO members are having.

Unwanted post of the day #6540: Went with Holley Sniper instead. :D

Just waiting out the laptop tuning software so I can rule the world!

Ripped off the holley site:

Sniper EFI features? Tuning via computer software?

Holley features (some now, and some once the software is released):
Holley forum, and Holley tech department that respond with actual help
Nitrous control
2 Step/Launch control
Boost control
Launch retard
Ability to turn off closed loop
Ability to turn off closed loop until a specified RPM
Ability to adjust how fast it learns
Ability to apply learned fuel tables to base fuel table
Run electric fans and have A/C shutoff and idle kick up
Laptop tuning, once software is available
Cons:
Timing Control appears you need the Holley dual sync distributor to work properly
Datalogging not visible without the software, which we don't have yet.

FiTech features, pros/cons:
Poor, inconsistent tech help.
(There's 100X better tech on the Chevelle forum, from threads I started when running the FiTech)
Timing control, seems to be no issue with MSD distributor
DFC adjustment (Deceleration Fuel Cutoff)
Datalogging can be viewed without any software (albeit it is in Excel format)
Nitrous or Boost control not an option with the $1000 non power adder setup
Laptop tuning, not an option (at all) with base $1000 setup
No AC controls with base 600hp kit
No 2 step
No launch control
No timing retard

Holley has released the software. You can run the Sniper with MSD ignition or do as I am doing and using the included coil driver which allows timing control without any external ignition boxes. (I'm using a MSD distributor on my big block). And I believe you can "tune" using the sd card thru the handheld now that the software is available free thru Holley support. The interface cable to directly tie into the Sniper from computer isn't available yet. Another plus to the Holley is the fuel fittings into the unit are lower making it easier to run a drop base air cleaner.

Tech Resources
I would also recommend if you have questions to call Johnny at Pace Performance. Site sponsor and helpful. He's who I bought mine thru. They sell both Holley and FiTech.
I also agree the support from my research seems to be better with Holley.

Are any of you FITECH owners running turbo/nitrous/supercharger? If so, any complaints? Comments?
Great thread!

I love my fitech i got from Johnny. Haven't had any issue getting ahold of the tech support. Fitech owners group on Facebook has guys running all the combos

Hello am new to the site...
I put the fitech go street 400hp on a 87 corvette l98 350 sb, comp hr 264 and flat tops. It does everything right except when transitioning from a coast to throttle tip in after warm up. It goes way lean 20afr and almost dies then catches up. Ive tweeked the crap out of the accel pump settings. My thought is fitech is an above the blade injector style. The fuel cant get past the closed blades as fast as the air. The holley snipers are below the blade injector style and thus the fuel is where it needs to be when slightly opening the throttle. Better response no stumble. Naturally Fi tech doesnt buy my idea. Comments?

Hello am new to the site...
I put the fitech go street 400hp on a 87 corvette l98 350 sb, comp hr 264 and flat tops. It does everything right except when transitioning from a coast to throttle tip in after warm up. It goes way lean 20afr and almost dies then catches up. Ive tweeked the crap out of the accel pump settings. My thought is fitech is an above the blade injector style. The fuel cant get past the closed blades as fast as the air. The holley snipers are below the blade injector style and thus the fuel is where it needs to be when slightly opening the throttle. Better response no stumble. Naturally Fi tech doesnt buy my idea. Comments?
I had the same problem with my 400 in a 68 fury with a 318. My iac was at 3-4 (which is within spec) moved it to 10-11 reset the values and problem went away

I think you should look at the DFCO fuel cut off settings..

REV LIMIT DECEL CUT – FiTech Fuel Injection

On decel, the system, shuts off fuel at a certain MAP, then brings it back at a different MAP.
I had similar problems and was able to get rid of it with these 2 settings..

I have not done it yet, but apparently Fitech says if you set the decel fuel cut MAP to 5, it will turn off the decel fuel cut off, and stop the popping.( as per post on Chevelle website)
Ken

Last edited:
I'm thinking of going with holley, does everything I want and there more likely to be around when parts are needed down the road. But I'm thinking of matching it with the Fitech fuel command center not liking the other options. Plus I can bring a spare carb on long trips and swap back if needed.

Ive been through all the possible tweaks iac low iac high decel fuel cut, accel pump shots etc etc etc. the car starts idles and goes like jack the bear but it will NOT transition from coast to throttle up gently without almost dying. fresh build small sbc 10.5 to 1 cr with angle plug corvette heads, ive set timing at 12 initial plus vac advance plus mechanical and ive also eliminated vac advance and upped initial to 20 ive switched between dual plane and single plane intakes and the lean spike persists. they even sent me the latest software that has a couple more tweaks in it, called dtps acc gain etc. but nothing worked. finally bryce agreed to send my log files to an engineer, hopefully they will be able to help.

I'm thinking of going with holley, does everything I want and there more likely to be around when parts are needed down the road. But I'm thinking of matching it with the Fitech fuel command center not liking the other options. Plus I can bring a spare carb on long trips and swap back if needed.
good idea

FiTech GoEFI4. Coming up on one year, runs great. Smokes the tires. Very satisfied... :)

Haven't tried the timing control yet but soon. Read good things.

what is your car?

No longer a 273, but it's apart.

67Dart, later front K and disk brakes, heavy T bars and anti sway, Linc Versaille 9" rear with disk brakes

Mild 360 Roller block, EQ heads, and what remains (the TBI body) of a Holley Commander 950, upgraded to Holley HP computer, which roughly makes it an Avenger/ forerunner of the Terminator In other words, has this style of the TBI. Turns out I got this system for a song and a dance

5n65ic5x53k83f43n1c9s8502de99dd7b1d7b-jpg.jpg

dart800-jpg.jpg

I hope I live long enough to upgrade it to port injection, and in fact have an old Chev SB Hilborn manifold I hope to adapt, IE cut it apart, mount to the base of a Mopar manifold

Old style like this

HilbornChevySmallBlockManifold.jpg

Cut the side rails off with the ports, cut each one down to make 4 pieces with 2 ports apiece

By the way I'm to be 69 in a few days, and don't have much money. VERY backyard, and VERY redneck, and VERY VERY "Craigslist" LOL

my fitech has been in the box more then has been on the car....holley 750 dp....no problem

-
Back