Following up on pre-covid post

-

340BABY

Reaction score
Well the 77 RT is done, comes in at 2600 lb with a driver 416 small block getting ready to go out and run them. Body is done for the 72 Duster, getting ready to stuff the 500 cubic inch big block in, curb weight with driver 1986 lb
KIMG1070.JPG
KIMG1069.JPG
IMG_1656425490675.jpg

Tell us about that new fangled four legged transmission.

Oh no that's the new Barney Rubble, Fred Flintstone braking system, it digs right in. I highly recommend it. You think that's cool, wait till you see the pterodactyl parachute system.

So the small block is 30 over 340 with honing plate, Herb McCandless oiling modifications, it's been heat treated, "heated to 1500° and cold in 200° increments until room temperature then the machine is done" aline honed and squared. It has steel caps, with a lower end girdle system, I have not filled the block yet not sure if I'm going to or not. I might just go to a Siamese Mopar performance block before I do that. It has a 4-inch stroke eagle crank with the eagle H-Beam rods, attached to free floating JE Pistons, the rotating assembly has been balanced with a fluid SFI damper. Slightly wider Gap on the rings for the nitrous, custom grind crane cam, it's a solid lift .590/312 with a 113 center again for the nitrous. We are using Hughes racing engine prepped and ported Edelbrock RPM heads match to a Edelbrock tunnel ram, with some 750 Edelbrock carburetors. It's a 400 horse dual plate Edelbrock nitrous system, that's fully adjustable down to 150 horse. I'm running MSD ignitions, RPM retard switch, electronic management system, and activation switches. It has an SFI B&M flexibility, tying it to a 4,000 stall Suncoast 9 in. converter, and a 727 with a trans brake. it has an 8.75 rear end that the housing has been back supported and narrowed with a 430 gear "I have a set of 456 and 510 just in case" and 28-in tire and latter bar suspension. The car has chromoly cage, lightweight frame connectors, rear quarters were cut off at the seam and replace with fiberglass quarters, fiberglass deck lid, fiberglass front and rear bumpers, fiberglass fenders, fiberglass Hood, fiberglass doors. And yes it's a pain in the *** to push, no place to put your hands. I built this car for my kid who's 22 and has never raced on a track. So I went with the "KISS" theory of racing "keep it simple stupid" the engine produced 586 horse on the dyno, we'll start him out on motor only, then go up 150 horse of nitrous at a time. Will work our way up from there, "we have to see how bad his driving scares his dad LOL" we should be a solid 10-second car, working our way into the nines as we add nitrous. Like I said "depends on how much my heart can take" it's hard to watch your kid do the stupid things you do LOL.
I'll be posting the numbers and build on the big block Indy motor when I get it back from the dyno, for the duster. Yes it's a 72, and yes it's full of fiberglass LOL. But it's a full cage and a 4-link suspension.

-
Back