For B-Bodies Only

-
We're at the bottom of the mopar food chain, but I like it that way, atleast we can afford to work on our A-bodys without having to write a blank check...

I'm over on B bodies and also here. 90% of my cars are B bodies, 2 A bodies and 1 C body. Someone mentioned that they don't feel comfortable on B bodies, as I don't feel real comfortable here. I think my reasoning is that I don't have as much knowledge of A bodies as I do of B bodies, plus I'm also more of a big block fan. Both my A bodies are big block cars.
20210902_154311.jpg
20190425_172734.jpg

It's real hit or miss over here to. You Give power to some that love flexing there delete button then get real upset when you call them out on it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: k

One of you deleted a thread that had 2 pictures of the heads and even in the notification said "pictures required" lol. Y'all can be wrong and take it on the chin like the rest of us. its not a big deal it said deleted so i reposted. then 2 hours later oh weird thread came back. Im not gonna lose sleep over it but it was to the rules to the T as 95% of my posts are with the exception of some posts when I was new to the site. Even another moderator liked the repost..... I mean it is what it is I'll get over it but just sad your still standing big and tall when i proved it was deleted for a BS reason. I post on here dirt cheap to help other A body guys even when I'd say 10% of my stuff even sells on this site. It sells more.on craigslist and marketplace for more than I post them for on this site but as a fellow mopar guy I feel ill cut a better deal on this site but getting pushed away

20220921_101703.jpg

I admit to be on both sites but mostly FABO, just so much more action here, and the total amount of knowledge and help is tremendous. Just a different feel. But, I have meet some great guys on FBBO and have also received helpful info and knowledge there too, just no the volumn of activity. I got a good big block off a member over there just other week.
Some time on these puter sites, I have to remember there are maybe 5-6 sane people in the whole world.... and I am ONE!!!!:poke::realcrazy::rofl:

With that said im on A,B,C and trucks as I have all the above cars and part all the above out. Each one is very different for sure

Since they made the change to their new site format and look? It does appear different. Some of it is me. Classic car enthusiasts typically frown on change. But this site's format will also change to have the same navigation and feel of now B&E. No choice but to upgrade since some of the support tools of the now older A-body site are reaching end of life. And will no longer be supported.

A-bodies have the advantage of being more versatile with build options. They are still low enough price to think more about alternative build options. B-bodies have a much higher platform investment requirement just to get started. Thus as you move away from original. There is more a cost penalty. And E-bodies are even worse. Thus more "Purists" influence. Even though that is contrary to muscle car ownership from back in the day. In the 70s? We didn't give a hoot about numbers matching. It was about how much performance can I get from just a home garage effort. But A-bodies? Some of that spirt lives on better in this world.

JMO.

That is something I don’t agree with so readily since some MOD’s are ruthless and uncaring in doing such moves.

upload_2022-9-21_12-28-52.jpeg

Since they made the change to their new site format and look? It does appear different. Some of it is me. Classic car enthusiasts typically frown on change. But this site's format will also change to have the same navigation and feel of now B&E. No choice but to upgrade since some of the support tools of the now older A-body site are reaching end of life. And will no longer be supported.

A-bodies have the advantage of being more versatile with build options. They are still low enough price to think more about alternative build options. B-bodies have a much higher platform investment requirement just to get started. Thus as you move away from original. There is more a cost penalty. And E-bodies are even worse. Thus more "Purists" influence. Even though that is contrary to muscle car ownership from back in the day. In the 70s? We didn't give a hoot about numbers matching. It was about how much performance can I get from just a home garage effort. But A-bodies? Some of that spirt lives on better in this world.

JMO.
A bodies in my area average about 20k for a running project. I'd have a hard time paying $40,000 plus for a 340 duster. The only reason for this is because of the used car market went nuts. I haven't checked in awhile but at one point the banks and the insurance companies wouldn't loan or insure what people were paying for A bodies because the value wasn't there. I still say that once the used car market comes down the value of the classic cars will drop off and people are going to be sick, remember what goes up must come down it's happened before and it will happen again.

I think that all of these sites have their "clicks " some can do what they want and others can't. It's just the way it is

^^^agreed that's why I have a good starting car for sale for $1000 with equal value of extra parts included cheap investment with some work. I dont have it listed that cheap anywhere else I assure you that!

I was a long time member there, as here. IMHO they have a few people there who like to run the show with smart remarks and cheap shots, like children. I just got sick of the ignorant comments in reading through threads, some I wasn't involved in, just reading to get some info. Not worth the aggravation, rather be here.

12 year old thread resurrected today.

Fun.

I read some of the posts this guy is talking about, it did get a little nasty, $1,800 for the runner was an insult, then I think a dana rear end arguement.. But, ya gotta realize a lot of those guys over there know what a 68' runner is worth in any condition, b-body guys usually know about b-body cars...
No they don't. No one does. Do people buy and sell them all the time? Yes. Do they have a good idea of value? Yes and no.
Why no? WHy would experts not know the value.
One year ago I came across an 69 & 1/2 B body car, 440 6 pack, a833 4 speed, dana 60 still in the car. It looked like someone had it as a daily driver all this time. But fairly good condition. Price? $19,500. I have seen several GT and 383 60's Darts for 10K and $2K here in Texas. The value is all over the place during time of hyper inflation AND rurally where people still live in the past. So NO. They don't KNOW what the value is because it is relative to location and what time of year it is. I have seen MINT, restored 69 road runners, painted, good power trains, with an electrical problem sell for $20K near where I live. 68 & 69 Chargers, project cars sell here for $4-20K every month. When I see 8-12 year old prices on desirable Mopar/Chevelle/Camaro/Ford classics in the midwest daily-I LOOK EVERYDAY, then no, those experts do NOT know the value-BUT the value is what someone is willing to pay ALSO, just not ultimately.
Yesterday a 70 Challenger sold in Houston for 10K, very little rust, slant 6 car of all things, I could go on forever.

A bodies in my area average about 20k for a running project. I'd have a hard time paying $40,000 plus for a 340 duster. The only reason for this is because of the used car market went nuts. I haven't checked in awhile but at one point the banks and the insurance companies wouldn't loan or insure what people were paying for A bodies because the value wasn't there. I still say that once the used car market comes down the value of the classic cars will drop off and people are going to be sick, remember what goes up must come down it's happened before and it will happen again.
That's true. And they dragged A-bodies up with them. Good for our existing. Not so for those in the market. I still recommend an A-body to those looking at Mopar as an option. And certainly those looking for a street/strip car of Mopar flavor.

Fact is, the typical guy whether it is looking for a project, or a done car, or whatever....for example, the 68 Charger guy is a different cat than the 67 Dart guy!
There some great cars, great guys, extremely knowledge people on the FBBO site, I say there are just a larger quantity here on FABO.

I'm a B body guy.
I've been an A body guy and if the right one comes along, will be again.

My B body has a small block.
I generally get more responses to small block questions on FABO.

I also find FABO to be far less politically charged.

IMHO... I have found B-body tech section people are a very helpful group, everytime I went there for info on my B-body. I don't mean to rag on the whole site. It's some in the general discussion mob that are just looking for a political argument that I'm sick and tired about. It's like they're laying in the bushes just waiting for any opening to start some ****. Maybe it's me, but I'm so tired of all of it constantly out there.

IMHO... I have found B-body tech section people are a very helpful group, everytime I went there for info on my B-body. I don't mean to rag on the whole site. It's some in the general discussion mob that are just looking for a political argument that I'm sick and tired about. It's like they're laying in the bushes just waiting for any opening to start some ****. Maybe it's me, but I'm so tired of all of it constantly out there.
I mod over there too. We try our best to get rid or move the politics out of the general and tech threads but it is impossible to read every post in every thread. If you see something that you know isn't right just hit the report button. We will get a notification and then deal with it before it get's out of hand.

-
Back