Future of collector cars

-
My granddaughter finished her master’s degree last spring. Straight A’s from kindergarten through grad school. When she wasn’t in school, she was working. Started her first full time job in the fall at $65,000 a year.

I for one paid my student loan back IN FULL.......left no responsibility of mine on other people so these worthless millennials can start there and take care of their own personal responsibilities before they will ever get any respect out of me.

Admittedly, I’ve not really had a conversation about this with a lot of young people with student loans, but so far I’ve not had any saying they were for it. As a matter of fact, most have been paying on theirs, and are opposed to it. It looks to me like it is just the politicians trying to buy votes.

The issue with student loans is the government took over the loans program and hence the amounts went through the roof. I remember Congresswoman Maxine Waters in a hearing with bankers asking them to help by lowering the loan amounts. Their answer was hilarious, she was in charge of overseeing the school loan program and they had to tell her banks no longer have anything to do with the school loan programs since the government took the program over. She had no idea and was the oversight! Once more the government takes something over from the private sector and the prices and malfunctions are on high.

Admittedly, I’ve not really had a conversation about this with a lot of young people with student loans, but so far I’ve not had any saying they were for it. As a matter of fact, most have been paying on theirs, and are opposed to it. It looks to me like it is just the politicians trying to buy votes.

There have been "interviews" with those who couldn't pay because they got degrees with zero job potential (yes, it was their responsibility). The big problem is that easy money drove up the cost of "higher education" and, unlike a mortgage these loans were not based on any sort of criteria beyond going to school. Maybe it should be easy to get money to get an engineering degree or to become a doctor (if you show ability), but if you're going to major in underwater philosophy it should be on your own dime up front.

I also don't believe the "crisis" is as great as one party likes to campaign on...

There have been "interviews" with those who couldn't pay because they got degrees with zero job potential (yes, it was their responsibility). The big problem is that easy money drove up the cost of "higher education" and, unlike a mortgage these loans were not based on any sort of criteria beyond going to school. Maybe it should be easy to get money to get an engineering degree or to become a doctor (if you show ability), but if you're going to major in underwater philosophy it should be on your own dime up front.

I also don't believe the "crisis" is as great as one party likes to campaign on...
I call it "underwater basket weaving"

I think fossil fuels will be treated like tobacco. Eventually taxed and banned in so many places, it’s just not viable anymore. I just read some European country made a target for a tobacco-free generation. They’re raising the legal age to purchase one year, every year. Eventually, there won’t be enough customers to sustain that market and they’ll adapt or fail. I’m interested to see how our beloved classic car market adapts.

-
Back