G'Bye ol buddy!!!

-
Thanks again for all the support and sentiment. @ 1215 this afternoon, I gathered Mork up, and my sister drive us to the vets office. We went into the exam room, I (well, my sister and I) had some last moments with him, and the Dr came in and had a quick look @ him and said his condition was indeed very bad(he had thyroid disease, ate tons of food, but kept losing weight, and all the medications to try and help him live with it only made him very sick). I held his head and petted him, and he purred very loud(like he always did) and was looking right into my eyes, very peaceful. The doctor administered started to administer the shot and Mork passed immediately. His purr stopped and his pupils just glazed and started to dilate. I know he was gone.

The Doc stated afterwards that Mork was in worse shape than any of us knew, because it only a very slight amount of the medication to put him to sleep, also said he was probably in quite some pain living with his ailments, so it is some comfort knowing he is out of his pain, now.

This is he last picture I too of Mork before leaving!!! G'bye old buddy, I will sincerely miss you and NEVER forget you!!!!!! Godspeed!

All of you on this site are a great bunch, thanks ever so much!!

FF

Attachments

• lastmork.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 149
Sorry to hear of your loss.It's always hard to lose a pet.I lost my boxer a month ago.

Jim

Monk looks like a twin to my cat..Scruffs

my wife says Scruffs is just like me...
can't hear...... (deaf from ear mites when I found him)
loud ..............(probably because he is deaf)
and stinks...... (farts on her all the time...don't know how he mastered that one)

tonight...I'll give ol' Scruffs a big hug in honor of Monk for you

Denny

Poor little guy.

Sounds like he knew he was loved.

Got any pics from better times?

This is our little smart guy- Nougat at the computer, and then his brother Buddy, with or first stray, Skittles. The little guys are now 1 1/2 and Skit is 2

Attachments

• DSCF2972 [800x600].JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCF3054 [800x600].JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 121
I know how hard it is to lose pets. My condolences to you. It's a tough decision, but, the humane one, and I know what terrible decision you had to make.

Sure sorry to hear of your loss FF. I lost my cat in Nov 08 and still miss my little gal. She was the same coloring as your Mork. Pets are so faithful and when you loose one it's like loosing a family member.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your cat. I have a Himalayan cat and love her so much. Thankfully she is only a couple years old and in good health. I've had her since she was a kitten. You are making the right decision by not letting your cat suffer.

Sorry for the loss of your buddy Mork. Maybe it's my imagination but in the last photo he looks like he wants you to help him out of his misery.

My last cat, Jade, made it to 16 years when I had to make the decision to put her to sleep. The actual passing was very peaceful... I hope I go as easily when my time comes. Keep in mind that what you did is probably kinder to your cat than keeping him alive for your sake.

When the time is right , go to a local shelter and save the life of a new friend.
You have my sincerest condolences FF... you made one of the toughest choices there is. You can bet I'm going to give my buddy Twister some extra attention tonight.

Take care.

Alan

Attachments

• DSC02115b.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 114
Sad reading, sorry that you lost your buddy. We have four cats, can´t imagine how it will be to loose any of them.

Sorry to hear about Mork FF. It's hard to lose a pet as they are a part of your family. Our female has the exact same coloring as Mork, she is going on 9 years now. Fat and sassy but for sure a big part of our family. Condolences.

Poor little guy.

Sounds like he knew he was loved.

Got any pics from better times?

This is our little smart guy- Nougat at the computer, and then his brother Buddy, with or first stray, Skittles. The little guys are now 1 1/2 and Skit is 2

The only pics I have from when he was healthier are hard copy, nothing on the computer, but I plan on going thru them and making a photo collage for the wall. He got the name "mork" because I got him, and his sister/litter mate, a female, and named them Mork and Mindy after the tv show characters. As younguns, they were quite adventurous. I lived in a house for a whil with the walls done in kinda rough cedar. Mork, before declawing, would climb the wall, literally to the ceiling. I had a Coca-Cola clock, nice mirrored background that made it's way to the floor, and a 10000 pieces while I was at work. That's when the declawing decision was made. Mindy met her demise some years ago, when I wasnot living in the house with them(separation/divorcing) on the road.

In that last pic, Mork weighed 6 lbs. He had a Thyroid disease, he could eat constantly and gain no weight. He used to bug me constantly for food. At his healthiest, he weighed 13 lbs and could cross a room like a flash of light. I still have 3 cats, noone of which were mine as kittens. M

This morning was particularly hard, I woke up knowing he was gone, but he used to start bugging the **** out of me as soon as I came out of the bedroom, and even though I knew he wasn't here, I missed his meowing @ me.

Again, thanks to all of you, he was with me 15-1/2 years, had a great/unique personality, and knew when I needed some of his attention.

FF

why did you nams him Monk?...just wonderin...
When I got him and his female litter mate/sister, I wanted something catchy, a male and female pair, so I chose Mork and Mindy, based on the tv series characters. Always liked that show, so that made the decision for me.

FF

Sorry to hear about your loss, i too im a cat and dog person, had a cat 17 yrs, Smokey was her name, great cat, then 3 mos later lost my other cat..Dream to kidney failure, then unfortunatly lost my dog bandit a month after that to cancer, man that just rip's your heart out...my condolences

Doug

now that makes sense...I earlier misread his name (better find my readers?)

So sorry you had to go through that. Losing a pet is so damn hard.I know this doesn't make it any easier, but you did the right thing by ending his suffering. One of the best things we can do for our pets to repay them for a lifetime of love is to help them end their journey peacefully and be with them until the end.

Thanks again to everyone!! Today was particularly hard, he wasn't there bugging me for food as soon as I woke up. One of my other cats just kept walking around looking for him in all his usual places. When my son got home with his dog, Baloo, the dog was just searching the house for Mork.

re repaying the lifetime of love with this, I agree 100%. He showed me nothing but unconditional love all his years.

FF

-
Back