Going in for a shot to the back

-

44070dart

How the hell did I get this old..
Reaction score
Tuesday is the day for a " A transforaminal epidural steroid injection," .. My lower back has been killing me for almost a year now due to arthritis. Years of bouncing around in equipment at work has caught up to me. Been retired for quite a while and now, and those slight back aches from my 40's, are home to roost at 70. Had a couple fractured vertebrate that they shot up with some bondo, or something last December, but the arthritis has me in a chair after 10 minutes on my feet. I pray to God this will give me some relief, because life sucks right now. Can't do anything with the car and I just bought an old, hot little S10 that should be fun, but this pain keeps me off my feet. Never been this worried about my health.

Last edited:
I’m sorry to hear you’re having back issues.
Best of luck to ya! I sure hope the shots help. Let us know how it turns out.

I've had two series of those shots.....four injections for each series.

When the doc told me where they were going to stick the needle, they gave me a choice of either a local anesthesia or general(knock you completely out). I told them considering where that needle is going, you better knock me the hell out because I'll never be able to hold still enough for you.

After the second series, they also told me no more of those for the rest of my life.

The good part is.......I haven't had a need for any more of those!!!! :thumbsup:

Let us know how it goes I am also awaiting approval from my insurer for the same. Young people take care of your body when your young in hopes you get old.

Sorry to hear about your back. I've dealt with a back injury in the past, but never chronic pain. I can only imagine how badly it hurts and you have my sympathy. Get better soon!

...and where'd you find that doc that pasted you up with bondo?? Musta been a Ford guy... :lol:

Tuesday is the day for a " A transforaminal epidural steroid injection," .. My lower back has been killing me for almost a year now due to arthritis. Years of bouncing around in equipment at work has caught up to me. Been retired for quite a while and now, and those slight back aches from my 40's, are home to roost at 70. Had a couple fractured vertebrate that they shot up with some bondo, or something last December, but the arthritis has me in a chair after 10 minutes on my feet. I pray to God this will give me some relief, because life sucks right now. Can't do anything with the car and I just bought an old, hot little S10 that should be fun, but this pain keeps me off my feet. Never been this worried about my health.
I hope your shots help you. I have a few places where Arthur-ites has crept in. My chiropractor has made him unwelcome and with some proper shoe inserts I can say I am better now than I have been for many years.

Know what ya mean. Same symptoms here. All them other operators looked at me like I was nutz as I put that mororcicle kidney belt on before work when I was 20sumthin'. If what got to me is an improvement over not using that gear, I pitty dem guys.

I hope they work for you. They put me out and did 6 or 8 on me. No real relief. Mixed bag on people I have talked to that have had it done.

I'd like to strongly recommend CBD,and CBD/THC OIL meds please .
You won't get high from properly, un-activated/raw pot, avail at you corner store.
Cannibis has to be heated to 240* degrees to activate the "high" part , hence smoking/brownies .
Please clic this link to convince yourself there could be relief there .

I'd like to strongly recommend CBD,and CBD/THC OIL meds please .
You won't get high from properly, un-activated/raw pot, avail at you corner store.
Cannibis has to be heated to 240* degrees to activate the "high" part , hence smoking/brownies .
Please clic this link to convince yourself there could be relief there .
[/URL]
I've tried both CBD and the THC type in the past year. They did nothing to ease the pain. I've smoked cannabis (blackmarket) and had some relief, but the high is not something I want to deal with, like in the 60/70's. There are so many varieties out there, and if this injection doesn't ease my pain,
I will try more weed in the future. At this point I'll try anything to lead even a semi-normal life.

I've tried both CBD and the THC type in the past year. They did nothing to ease the pain. I've smoked cannabis (blackmarket) and had some relief, but the high is not something I want to deal with, like in the 60/70's. There are so many varieties out there, and if this injection doesn't ease my pain,
I will try more weed in the future. At this point I'll try anything to lead even a semi-normal life.

Sure hope it works for you.
If you decide to retry the CBD, being touch, and I may be able to shortcut your search for relief .
Chiropractor is wonderful experience, my wife hasn't walked upright in years, she is much improved and less pain for sure .
Good luck .

Went in this morning. About a 20-minute procedure, with the Dr. giving me a step by step what was going to happen next. That was a good thing, as some of the needle sticks make you jump a bit. Four different injections sites. When he finished, he sat with me for a few minutes to make sure I was ok. He said that it may be an hour, or a week, or anywhere in between before I get relief. Weird thing is I don't want to stand just yet and know one way or the other. He said to just lay low today and no heavy lifting for a week. I'll walk around tonight. I pray this works.

Vertex Pharmaceuticals VRTX, will soon release a non-opioid, non-addictive, pain reliever, great hope there, I own some stock expecting a pop when it's released .
Good luck, fingers crossed for both of us .

Last edited:
When you're able to get up and around again, do everything in your power to strengthen your core muscles as those are the muscles that hold you upright and make you go straight.

If your shots work anything like mine did....you'll be feeling like Superman here in a couple of weeks. Just keep in mind you are NOT Superman....so no jumping over tall buildings in a single bound.....

Yeah, core " muscles " are pretty sad at this point. I need to get after that, in a 73 year old fashion. Been almost a year of back problems and I know I have to get on this. Tomorrow I'll take a 10 minute walk and try out the new sneakers. Hoping to see some kind of improvement, but if not, I'll give it time. Had cortisone shot in my knee over a year ago and it kicked in immediately and still holding out.

Update : Been 10 days and my back is about 70% better. It improved on the second day and has been slightly better each day. I can do a few things now like walk, and stand for a period of time, rather than the 10 minute max from before. I'm hoping it continues to get better, but I would settle for what I have today. Dr. said he would like to see 4 months or more of relief because we can do this 3 times a year IF necessary. Thank for the words gents.

I've had the shot but it didn't anything for me. I actually just back from having "the burn" done. Using a hot needle they burned the nerves in half at L3-L5 on both sides. I have a curved spine from wearing a tool pouch for 25 years.
My organs are for most part are in good condition, maybe a little brain damage but my frame is all jacked up.

Update : Been 10 days and my back is about 70% better. It improved on the second day and has been slightly better each day. I can do a few things now like walk, and stand for a period of time, rather than the 10 minute max from before. I'm hoping it continues to get better, but I would settle for what I have today. Dr. said he would like to see 4 months or more of relief because we can do this 3 times a year IF necessary. Thank for the words gents.
I'm glad to hear you're feeling some relief. Don't rush it and take it one day at a time.

-
Back