gonna go see what it runs tonite!

-
Just throwing this out for discussion....... I know Keith has the similar filter set up as you do. I'm just wondering @100+ mph, does the flow over the hood disrupt airflow into the filter/carb?

Just throwing this out for discussion....... I know Keith has the similar filter set up as you do. I'm just wondering @100+ mph, does the flow over the hood disrupt airflow into the filter/carb?
i really dont know rick,my last hotrod had the same aircleaner thru the hood and it went 113 all the time ...in third atthe stripe its still pulling...

i really dont know rick,my last hotrod had the same aircleaner thru the hood and it went 113 all the time ...in third atthe stripe its still pulling...

Do you have a wideband to see if the carb is tuned right?

It's tight to the hood, and the element if paper. I don;t think there's enough flow accross it to affect it. If it was 2" taller that would be different.

sorry 8.1@84 mph

Just for a comparison, the Dart in my avatar is now running a 360/380hp Mopar magnum crate motor. It's a real street car, no trailer:D full interior 4:10 gears, mild 11" stall converter and full 2.5" TTI exhaust. It's best 1/8th mile time is 8.21 at 84.19 mph with a 1.778 60'.

So yeah its slow too, but still faster than most of the late model Mustangs and Camaro's at the track.

Just for a comparison, the Dart in my avatar is now running a 360/380hp Mopar magnum crate motor. It's a real street car, no trailer:D full interior 4:10 gears, mild 11" stall converter and full 2.5" TTI exhaust. It's best 1/8th mile time is 8.21 at 84.19 mph with a 1.778 60'.

So yeah its slow too, but still faster than most of the late model Mustangs and Camaro's at the track.
my best 60 was 1.81.might try raising the front up a bit...yeah i only got beat by one late model camaro and thats because it spun off the line,had to hit second to even move...

my best 60 was 1.81.might try raising the front up a bit...yeah i only got beat by one late model camaro and thats because it spun off the line,had to hit second to even move...

That is close to my average to, high 1.7 to low 1.8's my car normally runs about 8.30's in the 1/8th. I'm still working on the best tune using timing and distrubutor advance and curve rate. changes. My distributor was way off in the beginning. I have knock off .5 off my et since I started messing with the ignition curve.

You get no wind and some tuning time, chances are your car will pick up nicely. It really is all about fine tuning. Just takes patient's and track time

That is close to my average to, high 1.7 to low 1.8's my car normally runs about 8.30's in the 1/8th. I'm still working on the best tune using timing and distrubutor advance and curve rate. changes. My distrubuter was way off in the beginning. I have knock off .5 off my et since I started messing with the ignition curve.

You get no wind and some tuning time, chances are your car will pick up nicely. It really is all about fine tuning. Just takes patient's and track time
yeah but i am going to change the mufflers,dont know to what but they have to be slowing the car up....and advance the timing a couple of degrees.

yeah but i am going to change the mufflers,dont know to what but they have to be slowing the car up....and advance the timing a couple of degrees.

It will pick up .1 and 2 mph alone next time just by removing your floor jack and tools before you race.:D

It will pick up .1 and 2 mph alone next time just by removing your floor jack and tools before you race.:D
i know i should have got rid of everything in the trunk but i didnt have anywhere to put that stuff.the slicks i put over in your pit by your van.at leastthe jackis a light aluminum one not the heavyfloor jack i used to bring to the track.

No expert and don't know your car, but does it have sub-frames? I've seen a lot of people recommend them on here for in drag racing threads

Not 440's first rodeo. Car needs some seat and tuning time,that's all.

whats your car run kieth?

I need to learn how to drive it better, best time with wheel spin (drag radials) was 13.40 at 105 MPH, there is a lot more lower ET there if I can get more track time :glasses7:

-
Back