Good deal at Home Depot!

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
I had outgrown my toolbox a long time ago but could afford to spend huge money on a big fancy tool chest. Depot had this chest for $239. It's 46" wide and has metal roller bearing drawer glides. I was impressed with the quality for the price.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 591
Plus it defies gravity.

I have that same box and love it! Put my old one on top just like that. Looks great and built very well. Ive had mine for about 3-4 years and still perfect.

Never know what you will stumble across when you go to one of the box stores. Last year they had a grinder sitting on one of there clearance racks. Was just the grinder, no box or booklet. Same grinder in tool section was $120 or so, I paid $25 for it....

No company includes liners. That is about 50% price of even a Craftsman unit of equal size. Good find.

after i got back from iraq, i worked part-time at a home depot here in pittsburgh for over 8 years. my house is full of home depot stuff, especially the ryobi battery powered tools - i have every one that they make. i think their stuff is generally better quality than lowes, but of course, no one sells tools of the same quality as tools used to be 20 years or more ago.

if you buy from "the depot" and you are a veteran you get a 10% discount. there is no real limit on that discount. there are a few things in the store though that aren't discounted.

i've had several husky tool boxes for a number of years and they have held up well.

Lowe's also gives 10% Veterans discount if you ask for it and they have a nice box with liners included

I bought 2 of those same boxes 3 years ago. Put the one on top the other and it has done great. No complaints and couldnt find anything close to the price at the time.
Rod

Thank you for your service sir!!! :burnout:
after i got back from iraq, i worked part-time at a home depot here in pittsburgh for over 8 years. my house is full of home depot stuff, especially the ryobi battery powered tools - i have every one that they make. i think their stuff is generally better quality than lowes, but of course, no one sells tools of the same quality as tools used to be 20 years or more ago.

if you buy from "the depot" and you are a veteran you get a 10% discount. there is no real limit on that discount. there are a few things in the store though that aren't discounted.

i've had several husky tool boxes for a number of years and they have held up well.

my house is full of home depot stuff, especially the ryobi battery powered tools - i have every one that they make. i think their stuff is generally better quality than lowes, but of course, no one sells tools of the same quality as tools used to be 20 years or more ago.

One nice thing about the Ryobi tools is that the same batteries fit all their tools, the newer L-I ones work just fine on older stuff. They don't seem to change battery styles every few years, that's a plus in my book.

Re: liners...my wife works at a flooring store, I have her get me some carpet scraps to line the drawers in my tool boxes. Works just fine, can't beat the price!

How do you prove you are a vet? I never got a pink ID...

When you have a chance, take a copy of your DD214 over to the Veteran Affairs office. It's off the 22fwy where it ends and exits to the street in long beach on the right hand side. Head to the main building. Then get directions to the Administration office. Walk over to the Administration office and take a number fill out your forms and then they process it. They then take your photo, and issue you a Veterans ID Card. You can use it for discounts, but it's also for free healthcare benefits and services, such as medical care, office visits, counseling, medication, surgery any many other things as part of your service. It was paid for when you fought for the country and is there waiting for all veterans. There are many that don't know about it as the govt is not real good at relaying in formation. Go in person with the DD214 and your Drivers license or other state issued ID for proof of identification and you'll be good to go.

Link to site for directions and info: http://www.longbeach.va.gov

(PS: Don't bother filling out online forms or printing and mailing in as they won't process it with out you being present and in possession of the dd214 and your Drivers license for ID purposes.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 276
if there is a paper plant here you talk to them about the rubber matts they put on the floor of trailers to stop the paper rolls from moving during shipping. They are usually free and work GREAT as draw liners!

-
Back