Good video by @318willrun

-
A full second in the 1/4 according to his butt dyno, should put him in the mid 12's. :thumbsup:
I'm sure if he said a full second faster that's exactly what it will be. He may be around the track searching the ground for a time slip that says that but LOL he will post one...

I'm sure if he said a full second faster that's exactly what it will be. He may be around the track searching the ground for a time slip that says that but LOL he will post one...
LOL.... if it says A409, it's mine.. wink wink

so that's where you get yours, interesting. lol

*UPDATE*
Drove it today.

• Noticed right away it turned a little easier (manual steering) after loosing about 52 lbs off the tires.
  • Moving slow through town and around the blocks, no change. Ran the same.
  • Out of town... Definitely faster. :)
  • Most likely will have a "update" video uploaded tomorrow...
:thumbsup:
I'm gonna make a guess and say you lost .4 secs. So from 13.3s to 12.8-12.9! Just my prediction when you finally make it to the track.

The 2020 Small Block Race penalty box says they're worth .8
That's my guess :D

12.5 it is.. as said by 318's own rules...
Dartfreak has it correctly. You see, I already had 360 heads which is a .4 deduction from stock 318 heads, so I only have to subtract .4 tenths more which is exactly what dartfreak just quoted in post 107 in which is probably really really close. My butt dyno says it's high 12's. 4 tenths would be a 12.9.

The 2020 Small Block Race penalty box says they're worth .8
That's my guess :D

12.5 it is.. as said by 318's own rules...
And again you two..... LOL... By the chart my car was supposed to run a 13.6, so with these heads it would have to run a 13.2. I can tell you, I'm faster than 13.2's, which I'm still on the winning side of my dial in by that chart. You see Jpar? Doesn't matter what component I throw at the car, I just keep a winning. :)

I'm gonna make a guess and say you lost .4 secs. So from 13.3s to 12.8-12.9! Just my prediction when you finally make it to the track.
You, my friend, are spot on with my guess. I'm certain it's a high 12 second car. And I'm still running 2.94's with a stock converter and basically a stock 60 cam :)

You, my friend, are spot on with my guess. I'm certain it's a high 12 second car. And I'm still running 2.94's with a stock converter and basically a stock 60 cam :)
Did you make your deductions for being .060 over bore...?..

Did you make your deductions for being .060 over bore...?..
I did not, and I can't remember what the deduction is for that and I'm not looking until I can make a pass at the track

So you're cheating again...
again, you can go look it up and do the deduction. I'll still run the number. :D That race took a turn south when Covid closed the tracks. Also, if anyone was to overbore a block, usually they get the benefit of better pistons, even cheap 4 valve relief pistons that would raise the compression and perhaps be lighter. But no, I get deduction without the benefit. You saw the recessed pistons. Factory replacement, but it doesn't matter to me. I'll still run the number :D

Dartfreak has it correctly. You see, I already had 360 heads which is a .4 deduction from stock 318 heads, so I only have to subtract .4 tenths more which is exactly what dartfreak just quoted in post 107 in which is probably really really close. My butt dyno says it's high 12's. 4 tenths would be a 12.9.
Hot dang I'm getting good at this stuff! Haha

Last edited:
So you're cheating again...
Is it really cheating If you dont know? I mean he had no clue it was .60 over until the other day. I would say the the difference between .30 and .60 over is maybe .005 if that I wouldnt consider that cheating. Especially in a race that there is no prize! Haha

Is it really cheating If you dont know? I mean he had no clue it was .60 over until the other day. I would say the the difference between .30 and .60 over is maybe .005 if that I wouldnt consider that cheating. Especially in a race that there is no prize! Haha
No worries. He throws everything including the kitchen sink at me ….. either to make himself feel good or he wants mud on my face, or maybe just to see my response. LOL.... Either way... :D :D Anyways, friend, I'm sitting right at about 1375.00 into my motor now with the SM heads from carb to oil pan AND I have an extra set of nice 360 heads I could sell and lower that price :)

No worries. He throws everything including the kitchen sink at me ….. either to make himself feel good or he wants mud on my face. LOL.... Either way... :D :D Anyways, friend, I'm sitting right at about 1375.00 into my motor now with the SM heads from carb to oil pan AND I have an extra set of nice 360 heads I could sell and lower that price :)
Yes always friends @j par is awesome I have to give him hell back tho when he gives my other friends hell! I know mine is coming for that last comment tho :mad:

-
Back