Good video by @318willrun

-
.8 tenths over "stock 318 heads". I already had 360 heads, making them worth .4 tenths. :)

You honor, clearly I understood that. I never agreed with this jpar non-sense. :realcrazy: Let's see who did hit the like button for 12.5?

Screenshot_20200606-074544.png

Seems freakazoid was on board! He's all over the place. :icon_fU:

All I said was .8
I didn't agree with 12.5

:rofl::rofl:

You, my friend, are spot on with my guess. I'm certain it's a high 12 second car. And I'm still running 2.94's with a stock converter and basically a stock 60 cam :)
Basically a stock cam? Lol
Doesn't matter I guess we're not penalized for up to .480

Mine has the .410 360 cam and it suuuuuucks.
Probably the first thing to go after I get a couple more runs in.
Which ain't happening this weekend cuz it's and effing washout.

That head surface looks pretty smooth. Perfect for an MLS gasket...might be ok for that FelPro...

Basically a stock cam? Lol
Doesn't matter I guess we're not penalized for up to .480

Mine has the .410 360 cam and it suuuuuucks.
Probably the first thing to go after I get a couple more runs in.
Which ain't happening this weekend cuz it's and effing washout.
I think I took a hit (deduction) for my cam because it's bigger than the stock 318 2bbl cam...… again, I didn't go dig the chart out.. LOL

So you're cheating again...

Yup. -.4 for .480
Crap.
I failed math.
Miserably.
Okie Dokie Smokies...!!! You both inspired me enough to go look up Stephen Holz's 2020 small block race.
  • My cam is bigger than 318 2bbl but not greater than .480 lift or 229 @ 050 so I deduct .4 (I had that correct)
  • I also have to deduct .4 for 060 overbore. (New deduction, I was unaware before)
  • I also have to deduct .4 for upgrading to SM heads
  • My NEW dial index is now 12.8, I still think I'm ok and once again proven the chart works :)
Now that we got that settled, I think the bigger story is the SM heads and results of the installation, wouldn't you agree ???

You honor, clearly I understood that. I never agreed with this jpar non-sense. :realcrazy: Let's see who did hit the like button for 12.5?

View attachment 1715541507
Seems freakazoid was on board! He's all over the place. :icon_fU:

All I said was .8
I didn't agree with 12.5

:rofl::rofl:
I was just liking your opinion not agreeing with it! Haha I'd love to see it go 12.5s! But I'm sticking with my 12.8-12.9. I know 318willrun can mess with the timing and gain .3 so yea your close! Haha

I was just liking your opinion not agreeing with it! Haha I'd love to see it go 12.5s! But I'm sticking with my 12.8-12.9. I know 318willrun can mess with the timing and gain .3 so yea your close! Haha
We may never know with our Governor :rolleyes:

Okie Dokie Smokies...!!! You both inspired me enough to go look up Stephen Holz's 2020 small block race.
  • My cam is bigger than 318 2bbl but not greater than .480 lift or 229 @ 050 so I deduct .4 (I had that correct)
  • I also have to deduct .4 for 060 overbore. (New deduction, I was unaware before)
  • I also have to deduct .4 for upgrading to SM heads
  • My NEW dial index is now 12.8, I still think I'm ok and once again proven the chart works :)
Now that we got that settled, I think the bigger story is the SM heads and results of the installation, wouldn't you agree ???
Oh really? You seeing this @moparmandan ? Haha

We may never know with our Governor :rolleyes:
And it seems a lot of people are going to have the same issue. I think at some point we should discuss legitimizing quarter mile drag race phone apps I mean this is all on the honor System. And for fun and talking smack anyway, so what the hell?

I made a quarter mile pass this morning on the street! Haha I used that drag timer app I used last year for my mountaineer. I drove the wife's frontier to work last night and this morning was playing around and wanted to see what it really had. Not to shabby to be a mid size truck. My best was a 16.8 at 82 mph and it actually spun pretty good thru first. I was shifting at 6k

20200606_091012.jpg

And it seems a lot of people are going to have the same issue. I think at some point we should discuss legitimizing quarter mile drag race phone apps I mean this is all on the honor System. And for fun and talking smack anyway, so what the hell?
Omg that's crazy I was typing my post at the same time. I did it this morning! With an app. We have a service road beside the interstate noone really travels early in the am! Its straight as an arrow and is about 3 miles long. I made a couple 1/4 miles passes this morning. Just gotta watch for cops because it's a 45mph speed limit.

Oh really? You seeing this @moparmandan ? Haha
Ah jeez, why don't you wait till after he makes a run to pick? Make up your mind. Haha

Omg that's crazy I was typing my post at the same time. I did it this morning! With an app. We have a service road beside the interstate noone really travels early in the am! Its straight as an arrow and is about 3 miles long. I made a couple 1/4 miles passes this morning. Just gotta watch for cops because it's a 45mph speed limit.
Warped minds think alike. LOL
Yep I've messed with it a little bit seems to be pretty damn close.

And it seems a lot of people are going to have the same issue. I think at some point we should discuss legitimizing quarter mile drag race phone apps I mean this is all on the honor System. And for fun and talking smack anyway,

I made a quarter mile pass this morning on the street! Haha I used that drag timer app I used last year for my mountaineer. I drove the wife's frontier to work last night and this morning was playing around and wanted to see what it really had. Not to shabby to be a mid size truck. My best was a 16.8 at 82 mph and it actually spun pretty good thru first. I was shifting at 6k

View attachment 1715541530
But man, those numbers are all over the place. You can do back to back test on the same car and get way different numbers. And besides, sometimes the numbers just don't make sense. I think we should just find a member close by, video a good ole' out of town special :D and post that ! That'd be way more entertaining.....

But man, those numbers are all over the place. You can do back to back test on the same car and get way different numbers. And besides, sometimes the numbers just don't make sense. I think we should just find a member close by, video a good ole' out of town special :D and post that ! That'd be way more entertaining.....
Are they? 1/8 does seem off. But what the hell do I know? Noob.
10-4 on the outa towner.
'Cept I live on the "country" road we used to use. Ain't so country anymore. LOL

Ah jeez, why don't you wait till after he makes a run to pick? Make up your mind. Haha
Oh I made up my mind and I'm sticking with it! If you want an exact number I'm gonna say 12.89! Haha screenshot that and save it so I can say I told you so later! Haha

I made 3 and they where all pretty close 16.8 17.1 and 17.5 I'm no racer but in my experience that 1/8 seems pretty darn close you gotta think this a v6 pickup truck its geared low and looses its *** at 65 70 mph that's why the spread is so far off. Imo

-
Back