Goodbye, Sarah

-
Robert, I don't have a clue what to say. I'm deeply saddened by this news. Rest easy and know in your heart you did all the right things. < hugs to you and Jamison >

Robert, we are so very sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Remain strong, just as you were strong for Sarah in her time of need.

I am so sad to hear this news brother. I am all teared up as i type this as im sure you have been. I could not imagine being without mary and can only imagine the pain you are going through right now. Our prayers will continue for you and your family to pull through this hard time.

RIP Sarah. Im sure you will be missed dearly. :angel8:

Im sure she is holding Katie in a better place.

I am very sorry to hear this news Rob. May you and your family have the strength to get through this time.

Grant

I never know what to say in times like this. My heartfelt sympathies and condolences. Stay strong, stay focused, and take each day one at a time.

very sorry to hear this sad news, I lost my wife in an auto accident 19 yrs ago and she was only 39 so I can relate. You have some tough days ahead but keep your chin up and things will gradually get better. We will miss them for the rest of our lives but just be thankful for all the good times you had together. Will be praying for you, Joe

I am very sorry for your loss, Things like this definitely make you appreciate what you have and not to take life for granted. I wish you the best! J.R.

I'm so very sorry to hear she passed. I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling. May the Good Lord that now holds her hand in his bless you & your family. I'm certain Sarah will continue to be a source of strength for you as you draw on the memories of the precious years you have spent here together. Sometimes it's not just the quantity of time spent with loved ones, but the quality of the times together. I'm sure your time together was high quality. Her loving & fighting spirit still lives on.
God bless you & your family.
-Alan

Thank you all, for the prayers and condolences.

I can take comfort that Sarah is now dancing with Katie, surrounded by the love of God, completely free of the worries and the pain of this world. Sarah's (and my) belief in Christ as Savior was absolute.

I'll share a little story that I shared at her memorial service.

As she was laying there in the coma the hospital set me up with the Hope Lodge, a free hotel set up by the American Cancer Society. I would go there to take breaks and get some naps in a bed, but I spent most of the time around the hospital, sleeping in the chair in her room.

One night I had a dream of being trapped in a building. Every time I came to a door, it was locked. If I walked away and decided to try the door again, the door would be gone. There were people in the building, but I couldn't interact with them, couldn't ask them the way out. This dream woke me up a couple of times and each time I fell back into the dream, back into the building, and still couldn't find my way out.

When I got back to Sarah's room I asked her if that's what it felt like for her. Was she telling me that being locked in her mind felt like being trapped in a building. I told her to keep looking for the door and I'd be there waiting for her.

She found the door, folks, but it wasn't me who was waiting.

As I said to others throughout the process, ours is the grief, her's is the Glory.

I also said, that when it came time, and if she told me that it was time to let her go, I'd do what was right by my wife, and leave the broken hearted behind me, even if that included me. It does.

Sarah wasn't afraid of death. She was afraid of living a life she couldn't live. My sister shared a story with me of Sarah as they sat together while I was up at the shop fixing some of the things on Sarah's Hyundai to make sure it was going to be safe and comfortable for the round trips to and from the hospital. Essentially, what Sarah had to say was that she was prepared to die. Yet, being full of hope, she got on the OR table anyway.

I drew so much of strength from Sarah, but that tells you exactly how strong she was in life.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3GxmLaaAwg"]Nichole Nordeman-Legacy [LYRICS] - YouTube[/ame]

Wow Robert, I just found the thread. My sincerest condolences, it is very difficult to find words at a time like this. Thank you for sharing with us, I was following intently and as everyone else hoping and praying for different outcome. You are a strong individual and should be at peace with yourself knowing you did what Sarah wanted.

Stay strong my friend.

Robert, Thank you for that beautiful tribute to your wife. The joy of having her in your life can never be replaced and should not be. You will always treasure all of your time together and remember that she is now behind one of those doors which will one day open up for you. But the only one who will open that door is God and when he does you and Sarah and Katie will all be together. Continued Prayers for you and and your entire family and as I posted on Sarah's online memorial page, I will be lighting a candle at my church this weekend for her and request that she and your whole family be added to my Church's list of daily prayers. If you need anything please P.M. me.
- Tom

-
Back