Goodbye Torqstorm, hello Spoolius Ceasar

-

Toluene56

Reaction score
Well, as much as I like the whistle and whoosh of the torqstorm. I wanted more than 6-7psi.
So I did something.
Magnum headers and some left over pipe from one of my old 2 1/2" exhaust kits, I made myself a turbski kit.
Now the hater pipe is going to be temporary, I think after everything shakes down and works right. I'll probably run through for a fender exit in front of the tire.

Cheap ebay Magnum truck headers
A bunch of v bands
Vs racing gen 2.5 7875 1.25ar
Summit racing piston style 50mm wastegate
Ebay blow off
Now for the weather to cooperate.
20230131_075824.jpg

20230131_075705.jpg

20230131_075712.jpg

20230130_151611.jpg

20230131_075723.jpg

Looks awesome man! Very similar to my setup, I’m interested in seeing how that turbo works for you as I’d like to replace my GT45 with it. Also interested in seeing how you got the passenger side header in there, I had to hack to hell my inner fender on that side.

I'd like to know who was the first genius to just not give a flyin **** about the constraints of the hood. lol

Holy hell I hope that thing emits fire at night! Pretty cool.

No intercooling I guess?

Looks awesome man! Very similar to my setup, I’m interested in seeing how that turbo works for you as I’d like to replace my GT45 with it. Also interested in seeing how you got the passenger side header in there, I had to hack to hell my inner fender on that side.
I had to cut it as well.. not happy about it. But I did try to use a block hugger in that side and it just didn't jive with me.

Holy hell I hope that thing emits fire at night! Pretty cool.

No intercooling I guess?
E85 and blow through can get away with a lot. I don't really plan on running a million pounds of boost. But this is an addiction. Lol

I'd like to know who was the first genius to just not give a flyin **** about the constraints of the hood. lol
The exhaust will go fender. I tried to set everything semi close to center line so I can run a *gasp* cowl styled hood. Maybe a wide sunoco or something.

You’ll like that 7875. I have 2 of em on my BBC and made a bunch of power with em. Viren at VS is great to deal with also if you need questions asked. One of the gen 2.5s is good to about 1000hp so you’ve got plenty of turbo. If I remember right you’re up there in compression so you’ll have to watch the inlet temps non intercooled. Now go turn it up and have fun. Let us know how it runs.

You’ll like that 7875. I have 2 of em on my BBC and made a bunch of power with em. Viren at VS is great to deal with also if you need questions asked. One of the gen 2.5s is good to about 1000hp so you’ve got plenty of turbo. If I remember right you’re up there in compression so you’ll have to watch the inlet temps non intercooled. Now go turn it up and have fun. Let us know how it runs.
It's only about 10.4:1 now. But yeah starting small

My buddy has two of them on a stroked BBC in a truck, it is pretty impressive.

That is awesome :) Send your old torqstorm my way... hate for it to be using up storage space over there :)

Nice revamp! Can’t wait to see how that turbo performs. I too am considering the swap from my gt45.

What heads are on it again?

Nice revamp! Can’t wait to see how that turbo performs. I too am considering the swap from my gt45.

What heads are on it again?
Magnum 5.9 block
Scat rotating assembly 408ci
10.42:1
Trickflow heads
Copper sct head gaskets
Howard’s solid roller not a “boost” cam
Super Vic intake
850 hpi blow through e85

Magnum 5.9 block
Trickflow heads
Copper sct head gaskets
Super Vic intake
850 hpi blow through e85
Every cam is a boost cam.

Magnum 5.9 block
Trickflow heads
Copper sct head gaskets
Super Vic intake
850 hpi blow through e85
That’s going to scoot! I’m looking forward to more video

Sounds nice! Have you considered installing an exhaust pressure gauge? Some interesting info to be gained as you go forward with any modifications. From the turbine inlet, secure a 2 foot length of 3/16th brake tubing, cut the flair off one end and slid some hose over it then ran to the 30psi gauge.

-
Back