got it started today hooray

-
P0038-O2 SENSOR 1/2 HEATER CIRCUIT HIGH 9-24
P0058-O2 SENSOR 2/2 HEATER CIRCUIT HIGH 9-38

P0073–AMBIENT AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH 9-49
P0113-INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH 9-1141

P0480-COOLING FAN 1 CONTROL CIRCUIT 9-478
P0499-NVLD CANISTER VENT VALVE SOLENOIDCIRCUITHIGH....... .......9-488

This may help, basically check your plugs and wiring.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Check the o2 connectors, also have a fan running so the iat sensor can at least be fooled for now. P0073 has me, dont know how to fool it for testing. The last 2 codes are nothing to be worried about as you dont even use those in your set up.

Since your computer isn't throwing any TPS codes you may simply need to calibrate your throttle. I don't know if it will solve your problem but since it will literally take less than a minute and involves no tools I don't think it can hurt.

Here are the procedures I've found on a couple of other forums.

Procedure: To overcome hesitation at acceleration for the Hemi V-8 only:

1) Turn key to ON position (not ACC), but DO NOT start engine.... now wait a few seconds for the dash lights to clear

2) slowly & steadily press accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and then slowly release at same rate.
NOTE: This step must be done ONE TIME only to ensure accelerator pedal position sensor calibration has been
learned by the ECM

3) Leave ignition switch ON for a minimum of 10 seconds. This will allow the PCM to learn the new electrical parameters

Info re: APPS - The Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APPS) is used only Hemi V-8 engines. The APPS assembly is located under the vehicle battery tray. A cable connects the assembly to the accelerator pedal. A plastic cover with a movable door is used to cover the assembly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

well no good news yet i spoke with hotwire and they gave me all the wire locations and testing info and all checked out so its not a wiring problem not sure what to do next

chris at hotwire has never heard of this particular difficulty he is going to check with another guy he knows that has some experience with chrysler engines hopefully he can come up with something

well good news finally the problem was with the throttle body i had a friend who works for a chrysler dealer come by and he switched out the tb and it rns fine who would think a brand new engine would have a bad part lol just my luck looks like zack you were right thanks for all the ideas you folks are great

Glad to hear it was something simple.

How can we know that you truely fixed it with a video of it purring like a kitten? ;)

geeez i couldnt fix the car by myself now you want me to figure out how to take a video of it running your hard to please but ill give it a try lol

-
Back