Got my Dougs Headers in!!

-
Milodon

IMG_4722.JPG

IMG_4723.JPG

I did Patriots, owned by Doug's. Tech told me some cool stories. Drivers side still sucked ( 8qt pan)

It's almost always something, lol. "The Price of High Performance" That's the stuff, that turns into ****, that turns us into fabricators into machinists or find one that gets it.

Thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind. I don't think I've ever had a set of headers since 1982 when I first started hot rodding that didn't leak, collector point in the wrong direction, have be dinged to fit or rust out somewhere over time... I just expect it and I'll deal with it. I always called it "The Price for High Performance". Hopefully these will give me less of an issue than most. I'm going on 56 years old and this is it, that last hot rod.

Remflex One and done

Keep the plastic bags on, loosely taped up to near the flange, - as long as possible.
Remove handprints etc before fire-up .
Very nice .

Keep the plastic bags on, loosely taped up to near the flange, - as long as possible.
Remove handprints etc before fire-up .
Very nice .
I was told the same thing. Kinda late for Ramcharger. I think he may have taken them to bed with him. Lol. :poke:

I was told the same thing. Kinda late for Ramcharger. I think he may have taken them to bed with him. Lol. :poke:

Well, they are mighty purty, lol. Na, took everything off right away after I heard the wedding bells. Gotta know what you invested in!

But seriously, I found maybe a couple of tiny nicks, If I were "Super Concours Miami Show Quality with no socks and loafers but wearing a cheap cross flag Corvette hat and ray bans" guy, of which headers would be wrong anyway. otherwise perfect.

Last edited:
My wife said "Very nice, now get them off my dinner table bench please".
:rofl::rofl:
I can see her and Batman looking at you :wtf:look. Doug's don't make anything for ealy A's .
Wish they did from all the good feed back i am getting. Looking good ramcharger :thumbsup:

:rofl::rofl:
I can see her and Batman looking at you :wtf:look. Doug's don't make anything for ealy A's .
Wish they did from all the good feed back i am getting. Looking good ramcharger :thumbsup:

Lmao, Thanks Mike! This weekend I plan on pulling the old intake and pan, checking main and rod bearings even though they should be fine (I was getting 50+ psi at idle hot las time I fired it up) and installing the new pan then double checking header fit.

Thanks guys for the heads up on the Remflex gaskets too. I just looked them up and they seem to be just the ticket!

Lmao, Thanks Mike! This weekend I plan on pulling the old intake and pan, checking main and rod bearings even though they should be fine (I was getting 50+ psi at idle hot las time I fired it up) and installing the new pan then double checking header fit.

Thanks guys for the heads up on the Remflex gaskets too. I just looked them up and they seem to be just the ticket!

Back in the day I always soaked my header gaskets in water, you know, the paper kind ? Let the swell a bit then let them dry, worked for me 30 years ago on my E bodies

Back in the day I always soaked my header gaskets in water, you know, the paper kind ? Let the swell a bit then let them dry, worked for me 30 years ago on my E bodies

I never thought of that Mike. I could always get them to seal at first, but they'd burn out over time.

I've used Remflex gaskets and they are really nice but I prefer the Percy's (now Taylor brand) dead-soft aluminum, they conform almost as good as Remflex but are reusable and less fragile. I have a set with some Hedman shorties on the 360 in my Duster which have held up for 3 years with no leaks or blow-outs, also a set with some Hedman long-tubes on the 360 in my D200 pickup and they've been on for about a year and a half now, again zero issues so far.

I'm interested to see how these headers go in the car, the 360 in my Duster could really use some long-tubes as these shorties required me to use tiny-*** 2 1/4" downpipes so the exhaust could snake over the steering linkage. The engine has a moderately-sized hyd roller cam (5.9L Magnum short block) with heavily ported Edelbrock RPM heads so it needs to breathe, already makes 286 HP at the wheels at 5500' elevation uncorrected I'd bet it would gain 20-30 with some legit long-tubes and 3" collector extensions going all the way to the mufflers.

I've used Remflex gaskets and they are really nice but I prefer the Percy's (now Taylor brand) dead-soft aluminum, they conform almost as good as Remflex but are reusable and less fragile. I have a set with some Hedman shorties on the 360 in my Duster which have held up for 3 years with no leaks or blow-outs, also a set with some Hedman long-tubes on the 360 in my D200 pickup and they've been on for about a year and a half now, again zero issues so far.

I'm interested to see how these headers go in the car, the 360 in my Duster could really use some long-tubes as these shorties required me to use tiny-*** 2 1/4" downpipes so the exhaust could snake over the steering linkage. The engine has a moderately-sized hyd roller cam (5.9L Magnum short block) with heavily ported Edelbrock RPM heads so it needs to breathe, already makes 286 HP at the wheels at 5500' elevation uncorrected I'd bet it would gain 20-30 with some legit long-tubes and 3" collector extensions going all the way to the mufflers.

I'm sure I've got some Percy's laying around somewhere, may as well use those to start. I'll let everyone know how tough they are to install. According to the instructions a mini-starter is required and I think a shorty oil filter or relocation is required too.

Last edited:
I'm sure I've got some Percy's laying around somewhere, may as well use those to start. I'll let everyone know how tough they are to install. According to the instructions a mini-starter is required and I think a shorty oil filter or relocation is required too.

Cool, I already have a mini-starter. Still running a regular oil filter with no 90-degree adapter though, I'll keep that in mind.

-
Back