Guitar???

-
We should have started a music forum too.....

Looks like it would be well recieved!
musik15.gif

WOW! what a great thread. I thought it was cool to find an a-body site, but now to see so many of you are into playing music too. It,s like a bunch more of me!
I started playing, or should say got my own, bass when I was about 13. Learned by playing along with the radio. Mostly classic rock at the time, the usual stuff. Clapton and all of his projects, Jimi, ZZTop, SRV, Skynard, etc.
Finally started in bands at about 23, some classic rock, some newer hard rock/metal. Then about 4 yrs ago a buddy needed someone for his band, but to play guitar, so I learned on the fly and still play now. Still have all the bass gear, though.
As far as gear goes:
Japanese Fender Jazz Bass
Schecter California Custom 5-string Bass
Jazz knock-off w/a huge neck and action you could bow hunt with(firstaxe)
Peavey MarkIII Bass head with 1x15 cab
Carvin R1000 with 4x10 and 1x18
Paul Reed Smith SE custom
Ibanez SZ520
Washburn WI64
Line6 Spider II Head w/Shortboard, lots of effects but not near the sound of a good tube amp.
Peavey 4x12 cab
Crate BX-15 bass practice amp
Sennheiser wireless
I will post pics later when I can get all my gear in one place.
Oh yes, someday, hopefully not for a long time, I will inherit some nice vintage equipment.
62? Rickenbacker 12 string, not sure of model
63 Fender Jazz bass
76 Gibson Thunderbird bass
Ampeg fiberglass bodied upright bass.
Rock on everyone! :rock:

You have an upright?!?!?!

Waaaaaay F`in COOL! I want one someday.....
musik01.gif

BTW: Welcome aboard and glad your enjoying our site!

Does anyone know if they make the melody maker in a left hand version? I tried to google it but no luck:(

My kids surprised me with this little plastic guitar on my fiftieth birthday. My reaction was "what the h... is this?" The other box had a second guitar and a DVD in it. Have you ever heard of Guitar Heroes?

Well I hadn't. Everyone that knows me knows how I love music from the 50s, 60s, and 70s (my generation). I've always wanted to play a guitar. You guys that play have my respect. It really takes time and a commitment to learn to play. Maybe one day when life slows down.

In the meantime, my smarty-pants kids thought they could give dear old dad a present for # 50 and take it to college with them. WRONG! Dear old dad can kick their butt and any of their friends on that silly plastic guitar. I can really jam in my BVDs. I embarass my wife. I'll never grow up.

My kids surprised me with this little plastic guitar on my fiftieth birthday. My reaction was "what the h... is this?" The other box had a second guitar and a DVD in it. Have you ever heard of Guitar Heroes?

Well I hadn't. Everyone that knows me knows how I love music from the 50s, 60s, and 70s (my generation). I've always wanted to play a guitar. You guys that play have my respect. It really takes time and a commitment to learn to play. Maybe one day when life slows down.

In the meantime, my smarty-pants kids thought they could give dear old dad a present for # 50 and take it to college with them. WRONG! Dear old dad can kick their butt and any of their friends on that silly plastic guitar. I can really jam in my BVDs. I embarass my wife. I'll never grow up.

That`s funny ! I`ve tried to play Rush`s YYZ on Guitars Heroes and did miserably yet I can play it note for note on a guitar. Go figure?

That`s funny ! I`ve tried to play Rush`s YYZ on Guitars Heroes and did miserably yet I can play it note for note on a guitar. Go figure?
That's interesting. Kind of blows Guitar Heroes out of the water doesn't it? That isn't even a particularly difficult song.

You have an upright?!?!?!

Waaaaaay F`in COOL! I want one someday.....
musik01.gif

BTW: Welcome aboard and glad your enjoying our site!
My father has it now actually. He has played most of his life. I will own it someday in hopefully the VERY distant future

Well Fellas now you have touched on the other insane passion in my life - actually I run into alot of musicians who are car nuts its gotta be in the DNA somewhere - Wow what my wife puts up with - she will be up for sainthood one day. Ive been playing since I was 10 or so and enloy all kinds of stuff - Ive played bass in several bands and guitar in several also.
My guitars: G&L George Fullerton Legacy
Agile LP Goldtop Copy
Ernie Ball SUB Bass
Tacoma Acoustic
The G&L is my primary and the Agile is a inexpensive backup which - for the money - is a super nice copy. As you can see by the pictures Im still in a band and play pretty regularly - I always wanted a basement in witch people could just come over and Jam so at any given time this is what my basement looks like. My primary amp is the Mesa Subway blues reverb (light but POWERFUL) that is sitting on my base amp an awesome OLD Crate amp and my backup is the marshall. I like all Kinds of music and we play all kinds from Skynard to social Distorsion to Smithereens to johnny cash to originals too. Next year during Carslile Ill set up a gig if any of you rockers want to come out and play!! My stage is your stage!! But be ready for a little madness - and a DAMN good time.
Bill

guitars.jpg

marshall.jpg

drumsandstuff.jpg

toweropower.jpg

Well Fellas now you have touched on the other insane passion in my life - actually I run into alot of musicians who are car nuts its gotta be in the DNA somewhere - Wow what my wife puts up with - she will be up for sainthood one day. Ive been playing since I was 10 or so and enloy all kinds of stuff - Ive played bass in several bands and guitar in several also.
My guitars: G&L George Fullerton Legacy
Agile LP Goldtop Copy
Ernie Ball SUB Bass
Tacoma Acoustic
The G&L is my primary and the Agile is a inexpensive backup which - for the money - is a super nice copy. As you can see by the pictures Im still in a band and play pretty regularly - I always wanted a basement in witch people could just come over and Jam so at any given time this is what my basement looks like. My primary amp is the Mesa Subway blues reverb (light but POWERFUL) that is sitting on my base amp an awesome OLD Crate amp and my backup is the marshall. I like all Kinds of music and we play all kinds from Skynard to social Distorsion to Smithereens to johnny cash to originals too. Next year during Carslile Ill set up a gig if any of you rockers want to come out and play!! My stage is your stage!! But be ready for a little madness - and a DAMN good time.
Bill

Nice Set up you have. I have the same little snot amp I love it!

Well... I've been bit by the guitar bug.

I went to the local pawn shop and bought a Fernandes Monterey electric guitar and a Peavy Rage158 TransTube amp. LOL.

They both are in good condition. The guitar looks brand new.

I was awoke last night with my arm cramping because I played a good while yesterday.

you will have that! good to hear keep it up it is really rewarding! i don't live too far from you maybe we can get together for a cold beer when i get back to the usa in the mean time check this guys web site out he is located in inman sc where i live he only does chrysler restorations

http://www.hodgerestorations.com/

Ooooh. Stanley Clarke.

Who, this guy? :-D
Picture014-vi.jpg

I got to see him from the FRONT ROW at a small concert hall (IMAC) up in Huntington, Long Island a few years ago. I've seen Stanley about 4 times with each show as good as the last. Being in the front row at one point he jumped into the aisle next to my seat and started wailing.... I was no more than 3' from him.

Awesome....

Who, this guy? :-D
Picture014-vi.jpg

I got to see him from the FRONT ROW at a small concert hall (IMAC) up in Huntington, Long Island a few years ago. I've seen Stanley about 4 times with each show as good as the last. Being in the front row at one point he jumped into the aisle next to my seat and started wailing.... I was no more than 3' from him.

Awesome....
Exactly. I was furious that I was away when Return to Forever was here this summer. Hopefully there will be a DVD.

Here is a picture of my guitar and amp I picked up yesterday. I've been learning how to play "Hells Bells" and having fun doing it. I used to get frustrated but with the tabs (sheets of paper on table) I get on the internet ... dang it's actually fun!

DSC02003.jpg

you will have that! good to hear keep it up it is really rewarding! i don't live too far from you maybe we can get together for a cold beer when i get back to the usa in the mean time check this guys web site out he is located in inman sc where i live he only does chrysler restorations

http://www.hodgerestorations.com/

That's first time I believe I've had a cramp like that in my arm LOL!

That would be cool... I don't drink anymore but I don't hold any thing against people that do. That's one of the reasons I never really learned to play because I stayed drunk all of the time and could not focus. LOL.

Heres a pic of the gig me and the boys had last night at Zukey Lake Tavern. Thats me on the old upright, a 1937 Chech bass. Bought it from Tony Suhy, the bass player for Mitch Ryder, who had it as his back-up. It plays like a dream and will be mine until I go to the great gig in the sky. Heck, it's big enough to be buried in, LOL!!! Geof

100_0888.jpg

Any of you who are into classical guitar should be familiar with this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxxH-FNxqxQ

He lives down the road from my parents. AMAZING player. One of the best in history. He teaches at the Peabody Conservatory downtown. I studied there back in the 80's, unfortunately, long before he joined the faculty, although my instructor was amazing too.

Heres a pic of the gig me and the boys had last night at Zukey Lake Tavern. Thats me on the old upright, a 1937 Chech bass. Bought it from Tony Suhy, the bass player for Mitch Ryder, who had it as his back-up. It plays like a dream and will be mine until I go to the great gig in the sky. Heck, it's big enough to be buried in, LOL!!! Geof
Is that a Martin I see there on the left? There is nothing like one. Often copied, never equalled.

-
Back