headlight relays

-
just a quick little update.

Heat shrunk the out going wires for some protection against abrasion from the box.

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

Of course, blacks are my designated ground, the 12GA wires come from the post on the starter relay, both fused with a 30 amp inline mini fuse.

Pink is the low current to power the relays, with a weatherpack connector for easy serviceability. (ability to remove entire front harness separately)

IMG_3252.jpg

here it is installed:

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

the box is barely noticeable

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

Overall, I am pretty happy with the job I did for this being my first time. Thanks to SSDan and 67dart273 for the tech advice. Those new headlight housings and bulbs I got from Mr. Stern should work out nicely, and provide optimum light. :)

Looks great. Your engine room is a heck of a lot nicer than mine

Nice install James.

I just got done trimming all the covering off a front light harness for the Orange Dart to install relays. Didn't help that Rabbits/Rats/Mice ate some of the wires.

Dan...can you describe whats included in the kits you sell, whats optional,and possibly a price for your kits as well? (maybe a pic or 2?)

I don't like to get commercial on the board. Please see articles on Allpar here and here (the photos of the headlight beams on the road in both articles are very poor, but the text is very descriptive and accurate), and my site here and here, and send me a message if you'd like to talk over the options for your car.

mopardude318

What is the small box that your inline fuses wires are coming out of? It left of the battery tray as I look at in your picture.

Bearwolf

-
Back