Hellcats not impressed..

-
First time you take it in for warranty work with a broken part from beating on it there won't be a warranty.
4400 pounds? Thing weighs more than some pickups I have owned. In today's forced induction world 700 ponies ain't squat. Kawasaki 1l pushing 326 ponies. Spend some time over at the turbo forums. Guys running LS's and Windsor running in the 9's on pump gas. Spoke with several folks who made close to 4 digit power numbers with a straight from the boneyard LS truck motors using knockoff turbos.
If folks would just drop the "Mopar or no car" narrow mindset you may see some truly amazing things...

As long as its still stock it would be tough for them to deny warranty. They expect these cars to be beat on. Now if its modified then maybe able to deny.

It's just stupid to say "not impressed" for 65 k. I know, if ya put 65k into a duster you could go much faster than 11 flat. Duh...... A lot of new cars cost 40k + and won't get you out of the 15's, cause it's not all about the 1/4 mile times. And I'm not sure what ya buy for that price that goes 11 flat off the shelve... stupid thread

It's just stupid to say "not impressed" for 65 k. I know, if ya put 65k into a duster you could go much faster than 11 flat. Duh...... A lot of new cars cost 40k + and won't get you out of the 15's, cause it's not all about the 1/4 mile times. And I'm not sure what ya buy for that price that goes 11 flat off the shelve... stupid thread

X2

From the lack of punctuation or actual grammar of the thread title. It reads as if the Hellcats themselves are less than impressed with something....And it's probably this thread.

x3 , some people are just sad cases , if it doesn't fit their narrow view of what a car should be or do it's no good . I think it's great that they are bringing out a car that performs so well , with all the safety features and comforts of a new car . Maybe injunkies POS is faster in the 1/4 but that is about the ONLY thing it does better or faster .
Drive one then talk about it , has brakes that pull your eyeballs out of the sockets , and they don't fade .
And 65k for a car that performs like this , a deal , try the Hellcat Charger another fantastic sedan , fast handles well and great brakes .

I am impressed with everything engineers have gotten out of piston engines (performance, mileage, and reliability), given the emissions restrictions and how crappy the first solutions were in the late 70's thru the 1980's. Most of it has been from better chemistry (3-way catalysts), electronic fuel and spark management, and combustion optimization (swirl, lean-burn, valve control). If you are looking to the future, it will likely be impossible to beat electric cars w/ active 4-wheel drive and traction control.

I am impressed by anyone who can make a 1960's car move fast, particularly under-dogs like a slant six or 4 cyl turbo-van. I am not impressed with anybody who just writes a check for an expensive car they may not even understand, but you can bow to them if you like.

X3.

I can't turn that in my Dart and I dumped serious cash into the motor. I had it at 145 mph racing a Mercedes SLK 55 AMG. I thought my front end was going to shake off. His new car was likely smooth as silk. I was afraid to apply brakes at that speed yet he braked smoothly and easily. New cars definitely have good points. I drive my car to the track, beat the crap out of it and hope it doesn't break and that I'm not walking home. A newer car drives to the track with the a/c on, iPod blaring out of great speakers, runs nice and easy 11-12 second runs and drives home with no thought of breakdown. What is not to be impressed about?

Don't knock our brand ????????????????Jealousy will get you know where .....

It's a fast heavy car. That's always impressed me. That's like sayin my friend's 5300 pound Grand Fury wagon that runs 12.80s with a pump gas stock stroke iron headed 440 ain't impressive. lol

The Guy @ E-town in the Blue Hellcat went 10.97 Friday night with drag radials on
yes he did go 11.07 on Saturday but he spun

Well if nobody else is I am surly impressed that factory Stock car that you drive pick up dinner in can do that! But I was impressed when the came out with Velcro!

I saw a hellcat that was stripped of the A/C, stereo. power brakes, cruise control. they put old shitty drum brakes on it and took the fuel injection off and put holley carb on it. pulled the overdrive trans and put a 727 in. the thing ran low 11's, got 6mpg and cruised at 3300 rpm at 60 mph and had to adjust the carb every time the wind blew a different direction. they pulled the plush leather bolstered seats and installed a vinyl bench seat.

THAT CAR WAS IMPRESSIVE.

not trying to jack this thread but i was just talking about what limegreen said yesterday with some buds.

So TECHNICALLY once u slap that motor in the car (in CA) you are now bound to the emissions regs of that modle year....

I dont care how much power it makes, if it requires smog it aint ever going in one of my old cars..

Just something i was kicking around with my buds.

Have a great day and lets get some wrenchin done.

The requirements go with the model year of the vehicle. In other words, you can't put a carbureted 440 in a new challenger, but you can put a new hemi in a 71 challenger.

I saw a hellcat that was stripped of the A/C, stereo. power brakes, cruise control. they put old shitty drum brakes on it and took the fuel injection off and put holley carb on it. pulled the overdrive trans and put a 727 in. the thing ran low 11's, got 6mpg and cruised at 3300 rpm at 60 mph and had to adjust the carb every time the wind blew a different direction. they pulled the plush leather bolstered seats and installed a vinyl bench seat.

THAT CAR WAS IMPRESSIVE.

Lol! :prayer:

First time you take it in for warranty work with a broken part from beating on it there won't be a warranty.
4400 pounds? Thing weighs more than some pickups I have owned. In today's forced induction world 700 ponies ain't squat. Kawasaki 1l pushing 326 ponies. Spend some time over at the turbo forums. Guys running LS's and Windsor running in the 9's on pump gas. Spoke with several folks who made close to 4 digit power numbers with a straight from the boneyard LS truck motors using knockoff turbos.
If folks would just drop the "Mopar or no car" narrow mindset you may see some truly amazing things...

Sounds to me that you are on the wrong forum.

x4

At least that hellcat will put the smackdown on a bunch of street driven older cars, then go for a cross country drive with all the creature comforts! Try that in your 11 second Dart or Duster... LOL

We were looking at cars recently and even nice mid size cars are 40Kish...

THAT CAR WAS IMPRESSIVE.

Lolz

Seems some are not impressed with the 65K price tag.
I think the closest thing performance wise is in the 80K range & that is a domestic mfg.

I also hear that there are MOre POweR if needed from the HellCat.

Oh yea, MoPar or No Car!

I myself just find it hard to like or want to own a new car. My no interest
in them started out mostly due to cost and electronic complexity I suppose.
I never could afford new when I was young and had to learn how to
make a old mopar work for me. A old car will become part of who you are
and a trophy in itself for your efforts even if it isn't done or perfect.
I find new cars are so refined they lack personality and end up being sadly boring to me.
The helcat or viper could safely land me on the moon warm and dry and I wouldn't swap
my old barracuda for either or both of them.
Some may see that as foolish but its about more than how good of a deal they seem to be for some folks. Others of us just don't need to go to the moon and are content to have become attached to our old cars.
This is a old car site, you are bound to find people that think like this here.
The hellcat will never be a good deal for guys like myself. I'm OK with that.
I gave up on the new Chryslers long ago. I think the old ones work just fine.

$65k ??my duster has been 11.00's for less then 30k...complete built car..all you "homers" keep lovin' those mexican hemi imported plastic wonders:D:D:D

LMAO @ stroked340 for excellence in poking the fire that contains **** stew in a pot.
4 out of 5 stars awarded!

Your car can go 11s huh? Can it get 20+mpg? Can it do 190+mph? And repeat multiple times?

That would have been the other 35+K he didn't spend on the Duster.
Beer is Goooooooooooooooood!

not trying to jack this thread but i was just talking about what limegreen said yesterday with some buds.

So TECHNICALLY once u slap that motor in the car (in CA) you are now bound to the emissions regs of that modle year....

I dont care how much power it makes, if it requires smog it aint ever going in one of my old cars..

Just something i was kicking around with my buds.

Have a great day and lets get some wrenchin done.

That's what I love about Indiana no dang emissions testing

Cranky old timer just trying to start something... clearly 95% of everyone here disagrees with you pretty funny sh**.

Old Mopars are awesome but if you are trying to knock a car as well-engineered (and priced) as a 2015 Hellcat you are just a whiner.

inkjunkie: how many of those built up turbo'd or blown brand X cars can last 24 hours on a road course in 100* weather while still passing emissions and retaining warranty? Lemme guess... none

-
Back