Help with a 383 Oil pan in 69 Dart

-

67yellowdartgt

Reaction score
Any suggestions on a oil pan that will fit close to even or above the K Member of my 69 Dart. I am currently running a Milodon Street strip 7/8 quart pan, that hangs so low, it is the first point of impact on anything that comes close. It is a Pro Street Car that sits low and I am trying to avoid raising the car. I was looking at the Milodon Stock style also... Any help would be greatly appeciated..Thanks

I had a new stock style pan for a 383 a body that I'm not using. I will look for it when I get home and see if its still around.

Update I checked and it looks like I sold it at spring fling

I had a new stock style pan for a 383 a body that I'm not using. I will look for it when I get home and see if its still around.
You need one of these....a 187 pan....weld some baffles inside of it...cut the top of the sump off and weld another one on it....homemade 7 qt A body pan....

IMG00136-20100330-2218.jpg

You need one of these....a 187 pan....weld some baffles inside of it...cut the top of the sump off and weld another one on it....homemade 7 qt A body pan....

IMG00136-20100330-2218.jpg

That is the pan to use the 187 , but I think what he wants is something that DOES NOT hang below the K frame , cutting and adding to the sump , especially to make it 7 qt will give him exactly what he has with his currnet pan.

I'm getting ready to modify a stock B/E hemi pan to fit a stock BB a body K member , though I have original BB A body pans , they just don't hold enough oil .

That is the pan to use the 187 , but I think what he wants is something that DOES NOT hang below the K frame , cutting and adding to the sump , especially to make it 7 qt will give him exactly what he has with his currnet pan.

I'm getting ready to modify a stock B/E hemi pan to fit a stock BB a body K member , though I have original BB A body pans , they just don't hold enough oil .
Maybe you need this one...it is of course for sale...8)

Where does a B body pan not fit in an A body? What does it hit? Thanks, Dan

Where does a B body pan not fit in an A body? What does it hit? Thanks, Dan

It needs to have the divot like the pan pictured above or you will not be able to get full travel of the steering when attempting to take a right turn .

-
Back