Hemi Cuda just for fun

-
I only have a couple pics on here right now...im getting there lol. need to take some better and updated pics. By the way, you wouldnt happen to know anyone with extra rear window chrome for a 68 fb? I know its gold, but...i need it! lol

I only have a couple pics on here right now...im getting there lol. need to take some better and updated pics. By the way, you wouldnt happen to know anyone with extra rear window chrome for a 68 fb? I know its gold, but...i need it! lol

I have the chrome but unfortunatlly it's attached to a car and i'm not sure what i'm gonna do with it yet, more than likley it is going on a rotissary the end of summer to become the new black car and I will sell the 69 with a different motor and drive train in it. If I come across any I will let you know.:hello2:

Wow thanks a bundle! Now would 69 work with 68 clips? Just checking incase I run across a set. I heard there different, but I dont know how it would. Thanks again!
I bet you cant sleep at night waiting on the Hemi huh?! lol

I'm not sure if they are different but I will try and look at both towmarrow and let you know what I see. And yes waiting on this motor is driving me crazy.

What do you have for a motor is it a crate motor or is it a stroker?

Mines built as pump gas street motor with stock cast heads.

I got the 472 stroker crate...I have had the motor for 3 years and finally heard it run for first time about a month ago! I was very impressed with it. Hopfully it runs as good on the street as it does in the garage lol.

Thats awsome 472 stroker should be a beast, what kind of rear setup are you running, gears, what bell housing and clutch. I still have to order my stuff thinking quick time bell housing and not sure on the clutch yet.

can't wait to see the pic's.

Rear is Dana 60 with 4:10 sure grip. running a new al. bell from brewers with hays street/strip clutch.

Dam it HEMI ITIS I didn't know it was contagious. Must be all your fault with that big bad Blown Hemi of yours. I hope it's not fatal.

I've had it for quite a few years now...I think it first appeared around my nuggies......and it just spreads from there

So it's not fatal just leaves you with that funny feeling inside....

and memory loss....and vision impaired....oh yeah...and you got to pee all the time....

Inkjunkie....get your mind right....my nuggies are my nuckels....haven't you ever received a "nuggie" from a older brother when you was a kid?

sorry....just tryin' to be helpful/informative ....ya know?

Yeah like that's never happened before.
Yeah....like WTF is going on here? (Denny, be quiet, you already know).
We'll talk about headlights and front end width later.

4247.jpg

Well....this is a rare photo. They modified the wheelwell to
cheat the axle ahead a few inches. They got caught and had
to move the axle but couldn't correct the body until they got
back home.

Now, what do you know about the headlights (Mopar Missle
Duster era)?

In the early days of NHRA Pro Stock, after the early domination
of the Hemis, the NHRA was looking for a way to let the Chevys
and Fords in on the fun (and to get their advertising dollars).

The Dusters and Demons were wider than the Vegas and Pintos
and thus had more frontal area. Early attempts to narrow the Mopars
were caught in tech so the Mopar spies observed how they were
measuring the cars. They were measuring the center-to-center
width between the headlights.

The solution was to narrow the car a couple of inches and then
push the headlights out as far as possible. It worked.

Another probably useless bit of trivia from Old Man Mopar.

Well I didnt know that one, keep learnin us O great O B wone.

That stuff was happening a little before my time, I was watching and reading back then but not to much driving except my little two wheel stuff mostly with pedels.

-
Back