Hemi Cuda just for fun

-
Thanks Ma Snart, that's a bad ride you have there. Makes me want to get mine done.

Well ordered the tti headers today 2 1/8 with 3 inch collectors, ceramic coated. When they come in it will be off to the chassis guy to build me some motor mounts and do the shock tower mod. Wish I could weld better than sticking two pieces of metal together with some glue.

Any suggestions on what torsion bars I should run in my setup since I'll have all that stuff out soon. Hemi with a stick and a Dana with 4.56 gears.

My fish has stock Mopar small block torsion bars supporting the stroked 440 motor. The shocks are set to allow the front end to raise easily upon launch. While many people run the slant 6 torsion bars, Dave said the small block bars do a better job helping lift the front during launch.

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Picture88.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 532
Thanks for the info. I was thinking my 6cyl bars might be to light for the Hemi.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking my 6cyl bars might be to light for the Hemi.
for street driving, yeah they will be, I would use at MINIMUM, the factory BB bars, and more like some .990 or 1.030 would be good.... Glad to see your back at it!

Hi replicaracer43, glad to be back at it, want to get that Hemi making some noise.

Need to order a bellhousing any sugestions, Lakewood or Quick time? Anybody have any experinace with the newer housings.

Lots more room with the quicktime, but there z bar mount sucks, bigtime flex.... If your going hyd clutch, then it doesnt make any diff. Lakewood is good, but heavy and large.....

Can't wait to see the end of this story. I bet it has a happy smokey ending!!!

The begining of my love afair with Cudas. Tried to up load pic from phone. Didnt work

Thanks guys, not much progress, did get the headers in and I got with Denny last night about trying to work out the motor mount situation. Either doing an HDK front end or maybe now having him mock up my stock setup, we are trying to figure out best way to go on this build.

Wish I could make it to the nats but don't think its in the cards for this year.

Thanks guys, not much progress, did get the headers in and I got with Denny last night about trying to work out the motor mount situation. Either doing an HDK front end or maybe now having him mock up my stock setup, we are trying to figure out best way to go on this build.

Wish I could make it to the nats but don't think its in the cards for this year.

These thing are like a fine wine,all good things in time:coffee2:

Well started tearing the front end apart today and didn't get very far, the torsion bars won't come out and couldn't get the lower ball joints apart either. Great way to start back up on the project. Guess I'll regroup tomarrow and go back at it. Yes I have used a whole can of pb blaster and let it sit over the weekend, I guess tomarrow i'll dig out the torches and see what we can get done.

I was dreading taking the front end apart on my car the last one I did was a northern car and everything was rusted to hell but my car came apart super easy. Hope you have better luck tomorrow. I have had a hard time finding new small block torsion bars but I think if your running a Iron headed HEMI I would go with .890s or BB A body bars same thing. I ran 6cyl bars on my 340 dart and they were great at the track but I bounced my pan of the ground a few times on the street. Your in tampa do you plan to go to Big Daddys in Nov?

Well started tearing the front end apart today and didn't get very far, the torsion bars won't come out and couldn't get the lower ball joints apart either. Great way to start back up on the project. Guess I'll regroup tomarrow and go back at it. Yes I have used a whole can of pb blaster and let it sit over the weekend, I guess tomarrow i'll dig out the torches and see what we can get done.

When in doubt, get a BFH. If that doesn't work, torch the b!tch

I was dreading taking the front end apart on my car the last one I did was a northern car and everything was rusted to hell but my car came apart super easy. Hope you have better luck tomorrow. I have had a hard time finding new small block torsion bars but I think if your running a Iron headed HEMI I would go with .890s or BB A body bars same thing. I ran 6cyl bars on my 340 dart and they were great at the track but I bounced my pan of the ground a few times on the street. Your in tampa do you plan to go to Big Daddys in Nov?

Glad yours came apart easy. Wish mine would cooperate. No work today I didn't feel too good this morning so I stayed home from work where the car is. I'll try again tomarrow. I am going to try and make Big Daddy's this year but I don't know if the car will be ready by then the way things are going.

If I could get the (tow) time off.....The silver Duster would
be at Big Daddy's! Alas, all time is used up for now.

Would be great if you guys could come down and check out Big Daddy's. Maybe next year.

Would be great if you guys could come down and check out Big Daddy's. Maybe next year.
You could come up and check out the Nat's. Accomodations available.

Just spend Friday and Saturday with the Brothers and you will be healed.

Would be fun but I'm committed to Mexico that week for work.

Just spend Friday and Saturday with the Brothers and you will be healed.

I personally enjoy the Hotel parking lot aftermath more than the actual show ....must be all the quality BS and JB Belly Busters.

Oh... and the Rum, thats all the healin' I need.

-
Back