Hemi dies after 2018?

-
Not saying that the gen III is not a great engine....What other automotive engine that is a 53 year old design that makes 10,000 Horsepower ?

Don't remember asking your opinion:icon_fU::icon_fU::icon_fU:..have fun with that mexican ****!!
And we don't remember EVER asking for you're opinion in ANY thread ever started about anything to do with new CHRYSLER stuff!!! So go back to bed, your boyfriend is waiting!!

x2 killer6 Every time Mopar does something that's popular they discontinue it . Buy a challenger/charger NOW 'cause they ain't gonna be around . Look at Viper , they sell every one they make , yet it's gone . A viper kicks corvett's but . No pride there. Mopar enthusists have been on the short end of the stick since forever . did you ever look at the M.P. prices compared to Chevy Performance or Ford Racing ? $18,000 for a GenII Hemi ? A.Y.S.M.

I have less problem calling the new motor a hemi than I do calling it by a metric displacement number.

What I want is a simple small front fender dogleg badge like the 66 Belvedere had that says 345 Hemi.

If I can't get that I'm not gonna have ANY callouts on what motor is in the car.

I'm not a metric person and 5.7 is just effing European sounding.

After install of Interceptor mileage is even better...extended use yesterday gave 29.7 on the highway @ 70 mph...there are those British units again.

I have less problem calling the new motor a hemi than I do calling it by a metric displacement number.

What I want is a simple small front fender dogleg badge like the 66 Belvedere had that says 345 Hemi.

If I can't get that I'm not gonna have ANY callouts on what motor is in the car.

I'm not a metric person and 5.7 is just effing European sounding.

After install of Interceptor mileage is even better...extended use yesterday gave 29.7 on the highway @ 70 mph...there are those British units again.

Agreed. It's fine to call it a Hemi, but I don't like all the metric talk. They measure power in kilowatts instead of horsepower, as if it's a microwave; and measure displacement in liters like it's a Pepsi bottle. It's asinine.

And if I could put a stand-up, die-cast, non-spring loaded chromed Fratzog hood ornament with a 345 under the 'zog on the hood, I would do that.

Don't get me wrong I have a hemi truck. I would or should have taken a new gen 3 hemi and dropped it in my dart.

The new hemi is impressive with what they are doing with it. I am glad there is a contender in taking out the Chevy small block crap.
I can't see fiat getting rid of the hemi because it does have a lot of followers and the market seems to have fallen in love with the gen 3 hemi. There are parts being made for it and it's supported by the aftermarket.

I have to agree with y'all on the metric stuff. If/when I do the Hemi swap (likely a 6.1) any call outs on the car will say 370 not 6.1L

Redneck word of the day - Asinine.

I'd give her face a three and her asinine.
I wouldn't call it a redneck word. It's more Latin than anything. The pun was pretty slick though. +rep

A friend of mine has a 1998 SST reg cab Dodge truck he bought brand new and only has like 40K miles on it, But it is only rated at 180 HP.

Where? At the wheels? 360 Magnums (in the 97-98 SS/T's), though still not a power house in stock form, were rated at 250hp.

The whole post was suppose to be combined. It's a Jeff Foxworthy joke. Lol
I'm a little slow, but I'm getting there! Didn't even notice you were quoting him until you pointed it out.

I'm sure Fiat has an amazing engine in store for whatever passes for Mopar when that pushrod wedge (HEMI) goes away.

This video is based off old news, it popped up almost a year ago in a couple places and Sergio himself said publicly that's not the case; at the very most the 5.7L will be dropped from cars but the 6.4 SRT and both truck engines will be here for the foreseeable future. The current insider rumor is the 3G Hemi will undergo another major revision like in 2009-'11 with the new heads, VCT, etc. with possible weight reduction and more efficiency improvements.

Something you guys might find interesting (I sure did), I actually applied for a job as an engineer at FCA to help with testing and developing a new V8 which I had heard was going to be based off the Pentastar V6 (DOHC, possible direct injection, forced induction on max power models). I didn't get the job but the response I got back was interesting; they basically said it was dropped and the position was no longer in existence. Come to find out that with the recent move towards making more SUVs and trucks and rumored loosening of CAFE standards the whole project was essentially put "on hold indefinitely"... meaning what else besides the HEMI will be continuing on to hold the V8 torch?

Last edited:
This video is based off old news, it popped up almost a year ago in a couple places and Sergio himself said publicly that's not the case; at the very most the 5.7L will be dropped from cars but the 6.4 SRT and both truck engines will be here for the foreseeable future. The current insider rumor is the 3G Hemi will undergo another major revision like in 2009-'11 with the new heads, VCT, etc. with possible weight reduction and more efficiency improvements.

Something you guys might find interesting (I sure did), I actually applied for a job as an engineer at FCA to help with testing and developing a new V8 which I had heard was going to be based off the Pentastar V6 (DOHC, possible direct injection, forced induction on max power models). I didn't get the job but the response I got back was interesting; they basically said it was dropped and the position was no longer in existence. Come to find out that with the recent move towards making more SUVs and trucks and rumored loosening of CAFE standards the whole project was essentially put "on hold indefinitely"...
All aluminum Hemi's would be awesome!!

All aluminum Hemi's would be awesome!!

I know, they finally would be able to give those aluminum LS and Coyote guys a run for their money... where's that drooling smiley? LOL

-
Back