Hemi Yes or No

-
you.....my friend(DR. Hemi).....definatelly get it!!!

Thanks again HemiDenny this is going be a blast getting this car sorted out.

Hemi's rule can't wait to get mine out on the road should cause quite a stir in the naborhood.

yeah...I think Dr. Hemi nailed it...for some of us (the been there,done that! gang)...it's not anymore about ....how fast I am.....it's more.....how fast do I look!......Hemi power..I rest my case!

We had a 2TC in a Corolla once. It looked like half a 392. No.......really....

whoops.....left this out.

Attachments

• 2TC.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 203
Skypower..after we talked ..I got to thinkin...if you really want to save and your cylinders are round..you could always mill the top of the pistons to lower the compression...thats probably what your gonna buy anyways...also the Aruzza head gaskets are great for stopping that pesky oil seepage.The oil returns thru holes in the lower corners of the head and into the block and have a tendancy to seep..but his composition head gaskets have a ring of sealer, that so far for me, has solved that issue

Skypower..after we talked ..I got to thinkin...if you really want to save and your cylinders are round..you could always mill the top of the pistons to lower the compression...thats probably what your gonna buy anyways...also the Aruzza head gaskets are great for stopping that pesky oil seepage.The oil returns thru holes in the lower corners of the head and into the block and have a tendancy to seep..but his composition head gaskets have a ring of sealer, that so far for me, has solved that issue

Thanks thats great info to know still trying to decide which way to go with this thing. Gonna try and talk to some of the cam guys in the next couple of days and make some decisions, I want to get this thing rolling soon.

it's a straightforward question...are you gonna drive it...or race it?

Not even a question only thing to do is drive it I will probably use the cam we talked about but was also thinking I might do a custom grind built for my combination like my buddy did in his buick. Definitly going hydrolic just want to get as much hp as I can with stock heads and low compression. Also looks like I will use the intake and carb setup from Mancini. Getting closer to putting this thing together.

just a thought...often on the street...torgue trumps HP

at Mancini...I always deal w/Wes...mention my name...I don't think he'll tack on too much extra

Thanks I think they said they would bill you and send me the parts because you are such a nice guy.

Also that whole torque thing sends me down the stroker road and I'm not going there.

gotta spin it and have fun hey what flywheel light, heavy what works best with these motors.

I use the 10.95 Mccloud flywheel/clutch/pressure plate for my 23 spline 833, I'm using the Keisler aluminium bellhousing that fits the 833 and their 5 speed,,,but I'll never go to that set-up...I just liked their bellhousing when i bought it 6 years or so ago....The 10.95 flywheel uses the smaller diameter ring gear and puts the starter(mini) on the inside mounting holes allowing for an extra 1/2" or so of header/starter clearence as opposed to the 11.0" set up that lays the starter almost on the header tube(at least w/the TTi's we been using)

Cool thanks any thoughts on the quicktime or lakewood bellhousings I hear the lakewood is big leaving not much room but the quicktime has fitment issues. .There always seems to be some kind of comprimise with all this stuff

talkin' camshaft profile for torque is a different animal than crankshaft length for torque...usually the bigger camshaft gives more torque and HP at higher RPM but at the expense of low end torque(driveability).the crankshaft torque from the bigger stroke/more cubic inches doesn't sacrifice driveability per say...it just takes a little longer to rev up...just my thinkin' and its free...once again ..you get what you pay for around here.

the lakewood i think was designed by the military(somethin' about blowproof) and is big/bulky but almost indestructable...never used the Quicktime...Brewers has a nice,,new...aluminium around $180 or so...not racin,remember?

what trans...833/23 spline/short tailshaft?....I wouldn't use a special light flywheel...were not buzzin these stockers like smallblcks( no offense stroker 340 )

the lakewood i think was designed by the military(somethin' about blowproof) and is big/bulky but almost indestructable...never used the Quicktime...Brewers has a nice,,new...aluminium around $180 or so...not racin,remember?

I'm using the Lakewood in the Orange Duster........

when you/we built yours..we didn't have much else available....it was a long time ago!

now thats funny! No, its because when I miss a shift its gonna blow and I like my feet!

Thats what i'm afraid maybe i'll just put in an msd and set the rev limiter at 3k just to be safe.:mrgreen:

Now that I think about it...the blowproof in HemiMarks Duster was a good idea

I think they created automatics because they saw me shift car and knew the poor car would never survive if they didn't do something. Never did find that dam 3rd gear i think it's still out on the Gandy bridge somewhere.

-
Back