Hemi Yes or No

-
I see your boy's best (10.23) is quite a ways off of the national record.

That's not the same one that was always getting his clock cleaned by
that Firebird from Ohio (2 miles from HemiDenny's shop) until the GM guy
switched cars and went to a faster class....is it?

NHRA National record as of 02/07/2011:

[SIZE=-1]GT/HA [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]10.051 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]03/08/09 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Dennis Steward - Port Orange, FL [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]'91 Dodge[/SIZE]
Not my boy, not sure about the firebird or GM thing also, I know hemi's in NHRA pro stock are always getting there clock cleaned by GM's just like him i guess, kind of sad.

Are you sure a 383 b body would beat a 340 A, most times published are.....
I don't care what the published times are. I saw it and did it many, many
times. I said that 340's were almost as fast but I've never seen one beat
a 383 "B".....I'm sure it's been done (depends on drivers) but I know who
I would have to bet on in that matchup.

Wasn't this about 340 vs. Hemi? Not in the same league.

Hey, the 340's super cool at the race track, but if you have two
identical cars on the street; one with a 550 HP A-motor and
one with a 550 HP Hemi, you can't race them off like we used to.

Technology has made these cars (both) so fast that it isn't safe
to unleash them outside of the recetrack anymore.

So 'Stroker is saying how fast and the Hemi guys are saying how
cool. 'Stroker is (better be) talkin' on the track and the Hemi guys
are thinkin' on the street.

Yes, we have to cruise now and just like with a nice street rod it's
the WOW factor that counts. I don't remember any street rodders
choosing anyone off in recent years.

HEMI = WOW. Period....and no matter how fast anything else is it
will never be as cool.

Stroked 340 started all this ****........ My 68 Dart will have a 340, It wont be my first 340 and for damn sure wont be my last. I love how they run and rev and so on and so forth......... My Hemi Duster is just the greatest hot rod I have ever owned. It runs and drives sweet and never over heats in traffic. Now he wants to piss and moan at how great and powerful (like the OZ) his ******* small block is. Well thats great, he is allowed, I'm just sick of hearing about it. Truth be told, I built my car. (with help from my friends) I love my car and yes its not a drag car, wasnt built to be. So Stroked 340 - stick your 340 where the sun doesnt shine and move on. I'm happy for you! And while your at it, work on that cars stance, it looks like a tijuana taxi.......I'm done...

Ps thanks Doug

Ohhh,don't go away mad if you "can't walk the walk don't talk the talk"..now your reduced to badmouthing my car thats sad..by the way heres the ONLY view you'd be seeing(of my Tijuana taxi) if you ever "grow a set" and take that big bad 603 or is it 610 h.p.:dontknow::dontknow: 2 different figures i've seen to the track..

Attachments

• DSCF0203.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 155
603 or is it 610 h.p. - 2 different figures i've seen to the track..
I believe I read 610 as advertised by Mopar Performance and 603
actual on this particular piece as verified by Ray Barton's dyno.

I rode in it and let's just say it's "enough".....No, "more than enough".

except a A12 440 6 bbl

Got to agree with my fellow small block guy here...knew a guy that worked at a dealership when these bad boys were new late '60 to early'70's they'd line them up and the 440 6bbl. cleaned the hemi's clock EVERY time...

Stroked340 can I ask you how much mopar stuff is left in your motor? I mean when I ran 340's with stock worked over stuff I couldn't come close to what I could do with the same kind of setup in my big blocks. Hemi yes or no was not about who's the fastest but wether or not it was worth doing the Hemi swap and for my money it is. I will get more attention on the street and I'm quite sure if I decide to go back to racing that the Hemi I build will be more than capable to deal with whats there so yes you can build anything to go fast. I have a little 1000cc engine that I would be more than happy to put up against just about anything running around on this site so it's all relitive. So lets just all agree that cars that run at the track are one thing and the street is something completely different.

the 440 6bbl. cleaned the hemi's clock EVERY time...
That's absolutely true. Pure stock, Mopar rated both engines at 490 lb ft
of torque but the 440's was all in by 3600 rpm while the Hemi had to get
up to 4000 rpm to reach the maximum twist level.

Stock-for-stock the 440-6 Bbl was a better stoplight dragger but once
rolling, look out!

I wouldn't shy away from a one block contest with a stock Hemi even if
I was driving a good running 440 4-Bbl.

Of course, after that first block, you'd better turn in to the video store.

way to go Skypower...you started this....but I'm lovin' every post!!...man ,this is nothin' compared to the bad mouthin we used to do...exept it was always with all the chevy/ford guys I worked with stockin' shelves all nite long at the local grocery store....then when we would finish(usually around 5-6am) we head out...best of friends...sometimes we would have to head to the country to settle a disagreement.....I can't ever remember loosing one.....but these guys all thought they were John Force ...and leave around 5grand w/street tires....it was pathetic.

way to go Skypower...you started this....but I'm lovin' every post!!...man ,this is nothin' compared to the bad mouthin we used to do...exept it was always with all the chevy/ford guys I worked with stockin' shelves all nite long at the local grocery store....then when we would finish(usually around 5-6am) we head out...best of friends...sometimes we would have to head to the country to settle a disagreement.....I can't ever remember loosing one.....but these guys all thought they were John Force ...and leave around 5grand w/street tires....it was pathetic.

Yea this is what it was all about talking trash and having fun. We used to race on Gandy bridge 3 miles long no side streets all concrete cross cut if you can't hook on the bridge you cant hook any where. and it is only one way traffic and crosses the county line so the cops never went out there it was a good place to race. I would never do it now but back then it was the thing to do. The good thing about the computer is nobody gets hurt unless they get carple tunnel. So bench racing it is.

I could suggest a race we could all go to our local tracks and run the cars and then post up the time slips sort of a monthly national drag race. Then the winner could have braggin rights till the next month.

Just a thought, course I have a tough time right now I dont think my feet could push my car very fast down the quarter. :happy6:

Ohhh,don't go away mad if you "can't walk the walk don't talk the talk"..now your reduced to badmouthing my car thats sad..by the way heres the ONLY view you'd be seeing(of my Tijuana taxi) if you ever "grow a set" and take that big bad 603 or is it 610 h.p.:dontknow::dontknow: 2 different figures i've seen to the track..

I'm sure by now your getting used to the picture of your car with the hood up... scratching your head looking for big block power...... your a fool..... enjoy beating the Nova's in your home town....... and don't forget to bring your trailer ......... queen ....

Hemi .....yes.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

yea...I agree..not for the "budget builder"....but then again, if Hemis were cheap,they would be like opinions..everyone would have one...how's that for PC?...my wife made me go to "diversity training" after my last rant!

Hemis rule, or was that the 70 buick GSX 455 :poke::poke:

Attachments

• demon new 007 (640x427).jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 185
Hemis rule, or was that the 70 buick GSX 455 :poke::poke:

Buicks Stage 2's were very fast but nobody but the buick guys know about them. Thats why its all about the Hemi cause when you pop the hood everybody knows what it is.:notworth:

P.S. they only made about 75 sets of the stage 2 heads so I doubt you will every run into one unless your running around in northern California, Beware of the yellow Gsx lurking the streets.

Ink just hang in there yours will be awsome when done keep up the great work.

What about Fords? Anybody here like Fords? No? Then watch this:

[ame="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fb9_1291161906"]LiveLeak.com - Supercharged GT500 blows up on the Dyno[/ame]

thanks...what a waste of a beautiful machine,Toad...gotta feel for em though

good site...but too serious for me...after all..I'm in charge or you might say....President (self proclaimed) of the "fartten around", former drag racers, has been street racers,current cruises association (FAFDRHBSRCCA)....did I get it right ?...maybe for short..FABSA(fartten' around bull sh&ters association)

-
Back