Hemi Yes or No

-
Thanks!! im having alot of fun with it. my dad gets a kick out of it too. use to be his car. here it is back in the mid 70's before i was even an idea...

10.jpg

2.jpg

Now that makes it even sweeter! Thank god for Big blocks!

ahhhh yes...at good ol Milan,Michigan.......been down there a time or two....back in the mid '70s....probably about the same time your Dad(68 HEMI GTS) raced there.....can't think of Milan without thinking of July 5, 1977.....

Clyde77Springnats.jpg

In the evening at my hotel. Looking out the door of my room at Clyde
Hodges servicing Don Carlton's Hemi Colt. Less than a month after winning
the Comp title at the Springnationals, Carlton would die when he crashed
this car in a testing accident at Milan, Michigan July 5. He was my hero.

I better get a gross or so of those T shirts,think they have XXXL...anyone got a website?...

wonder if the TSA has a special line for those guys?

Clyde77Springnats.jpg

In the evening at my hotel. Looking out the door of my room at Clyde
Hodges servicing Don Carlton's Hemi Colt. Less than a month after winning
the Comp title at the Springnationals, Carlton would die when he crashed
this car in a testing accident at Milan, Michigan July 5. He was my hero.

I remember you telling me this... I forgot the date........

IMO
I'll never understand running an 833 stick with ANY KIND of real power ?

Just a bunch of broken Shiat over time ? and SLOWER than an Auto/Convertor PERIOD !

Bin There, Done THAT !

No wars wanted, just my opinion.

broken 833's...wonder what Ronnie Sox or Don Carlton would say to that?....maybe they didn't have the power your sportin' though........Huhhhhh??

don't get me wrong...autos are nice...my sister,mom, and grandparents have em'....Mopar to ya'...SORRY, I couldn't help it ...I know auto's are very,very fast...I just couldn't resist

don't get me wrong...autos are nice...my sister,mom, and grandparents have em'....Mopar to ya'...SORRY, I couldn't help it ...I know auto's are very,very fast...I just couldn't resist

I agree it's all about the fun factor on the street.

I'd still run a big cube Hemi on the street. But our Daytona car with 380 cubes still runs a 8.61 161 MPH. Not bad for a small block single four barrel. Enough said. LOL.

I'd still run a big cube Hemi on the street. But our Daytona car with 380 cubes still runs a 8.61 161 MPH. Not bad for a small block single four barrel. Enough said. LOL.

I agree small blocks can be very very fast!!!!! but like you said Hemi still the motor of choice for the street. It's got a mad rep.

In my book...anyone with Hemi in his name...you can take what they say to the bank....Mopar to ya',Mr HEMI

I could not make up my mind whether to go big or small block. My solution; build two a body cars, one with a 340 and one with a 500 stroker.
Regarding big block wedge or hemi. If I did not spread myself so thin, I would have gone with the Hemi. There is nothing like a Hemi. WOW factor, GO factor and Adrenaline Rush factor. It's about as much fun as you can have without being a felon.

-
Back