Hemi Yes or No

-
Well I would like to get some opinons on running a Hemi on the street with 4/speed and 4.56 gears. Are any of you doing this? How much work to keep it running i.e. valves adjustments, things like that, I know the older 426's were kind of cantankeras on the street, are the new crate motors any better. When I bought my car I just wanted a Hemi Cuda but now I have confused myself looking at all your guys wedge setups. This will be a street car run at the track maybe once or twice a year just for fun. I will put maybe 2-3k a year on the street. Any input would be helpfull. I want to get started on my engine setup soon.

Thanks in Advance
Bob

haha go to our web site and check out the Mr. Norms Dart we just built...

471 hemi 12.5:1 comp 700hp, 4.56 dana spool and an 833 slick shift.

www.ssandafx.com

also if you want alot of info on the hemi's call the shop and talk to greg... number is on the web site...

68 Hemi GTS......You been there .....I can tell...you walk the walk!!

If respect is want from the local boys...show up w/ a Hemi....any Hemi...just bring plenty of towels to wipe up the drool.

Denny, stroked 340 only knows small blocks. It doesnt matter if you had a small block in the past or if you own one now, like I have and do, if you talk about your hemi with him it will never be as good as his small block (even though he has never owned a hemi) :sleepy5:

Thanks Guy's this has given me some good info. The whole small block Hemi thing or big block thing will never be solved thats just racing but I will say this all the big dollar real fast cars have big cubes and most have Hemi styled heads wether or not they are even mopars, so there has to be something about the Hemi that works.

Hemi's just plain get respect small blocks are allways fighting for it, some small blocks are very fast but thats not allways point.

Thanks Guy's this has given me some good info. The whole small block Hemi thing or big block thing will never be solved thats just racing but I will say this all the big dollar real fast cars have big cubes and most have Hemi styled heads wether or not they are even mopars, so there has to be something about the Hemi that works.

Hemi's just plain get respect small blocks are allways fighting for it, some small blocks are very fast but thats not allways point.

sounds like you made up your mind....... keep us posted on the build! :thumblef:

sounds like you made up your mind....... keep us posted on the build! :thumblef:

Yea I have never had one so I think it's time will be starting my research as to what to put in the build. This should be Fun.

I will keep you guy's posted and probably ask lots of questions as to what works and what dosen't.

Thanks again
Bob

Hey!!...wait a minute...us old guys gotta get home early to hit the rack...just so we get up early and get a good start on out smartin' those youngsters....but to Stroked340....small block/big block/Hemi/whatever...I'm glad your one of us...a fellow Mopar brother....Mopar to ya'

Hey!!...wait a minute...us old guys gotta get home early to hit the rack...just so we get up early and get a good start on out smartin' those youngsters....but to Stroked340....small block/big block/Hemi/whatever...I'm glad your one of us...a fellow Mopar brother....Mopar to ya'

:thumbup:

And also to Stroked340 You did have me thinking RPM's again nothing sounds like 340 a 7k I had lots of fun with mine.

Thanks Everyone
Bob

like my wife says..........you can think it........just don't do it.....Skypower,time to turn the page......new chapter/new class... HEMI 101

Denny, stroked 340 only knows small blocks. It doesnt matter if you had a small block in the past or if you own one now, like I have and do, if you talk about your hemi with him it will never be as good as his small block (even though he has never owned a hemi) :sleepy5:

Says the guy who turned down the challenge to run his 610 h.p."big bad hemi" agaiinst my smallblock:lol::lol::lol::lol: ..stick to the streets and cruise nights...

HEMI on the street? Yes..., 4:56 on the street? Yes, 4 speed....NOOOOO! Go with a 5 or 6 speed...

I hear ya'..just love talkin' smack..was that your lime light duster on my classic car a few years back??...

I think my brother Dave(lime green/440) was on that show....he and I(cars) were in a segment "Big Daddy" filmed at Indy (Mopar Nats)...I never saw it air though.I did build a sub-lime Hemi Duster (stock lookin') in '95(?)....my favorite award...a authographed Dick Landy cigar(used one too). He an his wife stopped by with some magazine editors at Carlilse,Pa to check out my recently completed Duster and I got to BS them.What great people,not only was he a Mopar icon, but one heck of a nice man.One of my best Mopar memories for sure.

I think my brother Dave(lime green/440) was on that show....he and I(cars) were in a segment "Big Daddy" filmed at Indy (Mopar Nats)...I never saw it air though.I did build a sub-lime Hemi Duster (stock lookin') in '95(?)....my favorite award...a authographed Dick Landy cigar(used one too). He an his wife stopped by with some magazine editors at Carlilse,Pa to check out my recently completed Duster and I got to BS them.What great people,not only was he a Mopar icon, but one heck of a nice man.One of my best Mopar memories for sure.
I seen a sublime Duster with a Hemi in it for sale a couple of years ago at the Good Guys show here in Spokane, wonder if it was yours??

-
Back