Here's what happens when your Tesla Roadster (or any EV) reaches the end of battery life

-
Here on L.I. a Tesla had an accident and the car was incinerated. I guess the insurance rates for fire will go up on EV's, not only Tesla's. And extinguishment of those fires takes much more time, because they keep reigniting. So now a Fire Dept. Diesel pumper has to keep operating for several hours to extinguish the fire. So what did we save?

Last edited:
You crawl first, then walk, then run. EV technology is at the crawling stage, but make no mistake EV will improve, battery life will improve and recharging will take about the time it takes to fill your fuel tank now.
I wont be around to see that and many here wont be either.
You can post anything you want to the contrary, but that will not stop progress, otherwise the horse would still be pulling a plow
If you live another 7 years you'll see it. Don't forget that Mr Biden signed an executive order that 50% of all new cars sold have to be zero emission battery powered by 2030.

If you live another 7 years you'll see it. Don't forget that President Biden signed an executive order that 50% of all new cars sold have to be zero emission battery powered by 2030.
Well I was hoping for more than seven years so you're probably correct. Im still not ever buying no electric car and breaking up my patio to run another service to the garage to charge the dam thing
I have two new vehicles 2021 and 2022, so I'll keep them to 29 buy one new vehicle and that should last until my kids take away my licence or I meet my maker

If gasoline vehicles are going away, why do they keep building mega gas stations. In my nearby town alone (never mind the county) I bet they have added more then 100 pumps in the last 6 months, alone.

What ever happened to hybrid vehicles? Why the absolute push for all electric? Cripes they make cars that get over 40 MPG and are reliable. Going all in with infant technology and pushing a deadline date is a fool's game.

This is what I dont get and as of yet I haven't heard any explanation
Throughout the city, not so much were I live but in the other boroughs and Manhattan itself, there is apartment complexes that are so big they are like mini cities within themselves
Many residents have cars, so cars are everywhere parked on the streets
My question is were are people suppose to plug these things in? How are they suppose to pay for the electricity, let alone the wiring and equipment to charge them?
I really dont see how this will play out until a EV can be charged really fast

This entire EV push is one of the most ridiculous things ever to happen to the automotive industry. They also do not tell you that they loose power overnight if sitting in the cold. In the end, this does nothing for the environment. I’ve read studies that you have to drive up to 100k miles to have a net carbon benefit over ice engines due to the higher carbon usage to manufacture EV’s and their batteries. What to do with hundreds of millions of toxic batteries when these vehicles reach end of life is another issue which the left ignores.

I keep thinking about a winter 4 hour traffic jam here in Ontario on the 401. What happens to huge numbers of "dead cars" blocking the highway? A can of gas, or a boost isn't going to cut it.

I think hybrid is definitely the way to go. Price gasoline accordingly to promote using battery power for the environment's sake. At least you have an option, and it won't leave you stranded.

Here on L.I. a Tesla had an accident and the car was incinerated. I guess the insurance rates for fire will go up on EV's, not only Tesla's. And extinguishment of those fires takes much more time, because they keep reigniting. So now a Fire Dept. Diesel pumper has to keep operating for several hours to extinguish the fire. So what did we save?
Nothing…. Except the extremely toxic chemicals they emit while they are burning…..check into that.

I think and I believe that Bidumb and his boi, along with some other powerful dimocraps are making huge money on electric energy kickbacks.

Recently Bidumb went to Ontario, CA. It was reported, variously, that between SEVENTY FIVE AND EIGHTY FIVE vehicles were in the motorcade. And these are typically big, heavy, bulletproof, heavy, poor mileage, heavy, Suburbands etc.

They also have problems with lithium ion fires in some instances. It's been well documented. That said, I have several. I just keep my fingers crossed. One tool I have, an electric pole saw I have had five or six years. I've charged it......wait for it.......TWICE. I can go grab it right now and cut small trees down. Put it up and six months later do the same thing. Progress has been made, I admit.

The difference being if your car craps out in some field somewhere, what are you going to do? Drag a bucket of AA's out there?

If gasoline vehicles are going away, why do they keep building mega gas stations. In my nearby town alone (never mind the county) I bet they have added more then 100 pumps in the last 6 months, alone.
Just announced, today. A new I-75 interchange in town, and a Fuel stop with 120 pumps.

They also have problems with lithium ion fires in some instances. It's been well documented.
I had a Milwaukee M18 8.0 battery go up in flames just 5 feet from me. A palm nailer of mine shot a nail into the side of the battery and it went UP in a multi-colored blaze of glory. Smoke, sparks, blue, red, orange and green. As soon as it started, I held my breath and got the heck away from it. It burned for 30 seconds but was out before I could grab the extinguisher.

I had a Milwaukee M18 8.0 battery go up in flames just 5 feet from me. A palm nailer of mine shot a nail into the side of the battery and it went UP in a multi-colored blaze of glory. Smoke, sparks, blue, red, orange and green. As soon as it started, I held my breath and got the heck away from it. It burned for 30 seconds but was out before I could grab the extinguisher.
From some of the stuff I've read, you were very fortunate.

I’m an Insurance Adjuster and when I was working Hurricane Sandy in 2012 at the port in Newark, NJ where they hold all the newly delivered cars off the Ships for pickup.

There was a row of about 16 Fisker Karmas Plug-In Hybrids that were burnt to the ground because of being Flooded with saltwater.

The Battery is located right down the middle of the car and those things went up quick and they made the news while doing so.

One of the port masters said that Fisker wanted them covered up so no one could see them and they were pissed that they were in the news so heavily.

Between the Batteries and all the Magnesium parts the Fire Department wasn’t sure how to put them out, according to the port master, they were not of aware that they had to be put out with Foam and not water like they’re accustomed to.

I said all that, to say this, of all the Manufacturer’s Cars that were located at the port, and I’m talking over 10 thousand, Fisker was the only ones that caught on fire!

There were no Tesla’s at the port because they were not brought in by Ship at that time.

It was later discovered that they’re had been a recall on the batteries, because… they were known to just burst into flames for no reason.

The Port Master said when they were burning, the looked liked something out of a Science Fiction Movie.

They are now out of Business, which they only produced for 2 years 2011-2012.

I wonder what would be said today if this were to happen, would the Government just brush it aside like they did with the Train Derailment in Ohio and act like there’s nothing to see, even though they put more Toxin’s in the air in that one event than most do in a year!

4D292D36-0662-4AC2-B684-4A6BEAE31AE1.jpeg

I’m an Insurance Adjuster and when I was working Hurricane Sandy in 2012 at the port in Newark, NJ where they hold all the newly delivered cars off the Ships for pickup.

There was a row of about 16 Fisker Karmas Plug-In Hybrids that were burnt to the ground because of being Flooded with saltwater.

The Battery is located right down the middle of the car and those things went up quick and they made the news while doing so.

One of the port masters said that Fisker wanted them covered up so no one could see them and they were pissed that they were in the news so heavily.

Between the Batteries and all the Magnesium parts the Fire Department wasn’t sure how to put them out, according to the port master, they were not of aware that they had to be put out with Foam and not water like they’re accustomed to.

I said all that, to say this, of all the Manufacturer’s Cars that were located at the port, and I’m talking over 10 thousand, Fisker was the only ones that caught on fire!

There were no Tesla’s at the port because they were not brought in by Ship at that time.

It was later discovered that they’re had been a recall on the batteries, because… they were known to just burst into flames for no reason.

The Port Master said when they were burning, the looked liked something out of a Science Fiction Movie.

They are now out of Business, which they only produced for 2 years 2011-2012.

I wonder what would be said today if this were to happen, would the Government just brush it aside like they did with the Train Derailment in Ohio and act like there’s nothing to see, even though they put more Toxin’s in the air in that one event than most do in a year!

View attachment 1716074889
Did the ones that are burnt to the ground used to look like the white ones nearest in the pic? I've got to admit...I've never heard of them!

Well I was hoping for more than seven years so you're probably correct. Im still not ever buying no electric car and breaking up my patio to run another service to the garage to charge the dam thing
I have two new vehicles 2021 and 2022, so I'll keep them to 29 buy one new vehicle and that should last until my kids take away my licence or I meet my maker
Steve...did you ever sell your Challenger?

Steve...did you ever sell your Challenger?
Hello, JD, yes it's sold....It wasnt mine or I wouldn't have sold it LOL...It belonged to my brother.
The guy who came to see it looked at it for all of ten minutes and bought it
The car was that nice and the buyer got a good deal, car went to a good home

Did the ones that are burnt to the ground used to look like the white ones nearest in the pic? I've got to admit...I've never heard of them!
Yes they did!
They were made and imported from Finland.

Now they are produced under the name of Karma starting in 2014 and are a China/American based company!

There is no easy answer. Alaska's shoreline is still polluted from the Exxon Valdez oil spill. The Gulf of Mexico shoreline was cleaned somewhat by the hurricanes, but the oil went somewhere? The Keystone Pipeline dumped 600,000 gallons of toxic chemicals and bitumen into the streams and land of Kansas. Oil filters and used oil get burned and dumped into the air that we breathe. And don't forget the 10 million or more nasty lead-acid batteries that get recycled every year.

Most EV's go 200 too 300 miles [about 3 hours of driving]. By then I need a break, and sometimes longer than 15 or 20 minutes. And maybe a nap, too.

Sodium ion batteries are here now. Tesla is putting them in some of their cars .

I really don't think battery power is the long term answer. Not really up on new(er) technology, but what about the hydrogen fuel cell or something similar?
Battery power is much more convenient to use so I guess that in the long run hydrogen supporters will give in. In an interview Elon Musk once discussed the disadvantages of the hydrogen technology and said that it had zero chances against electric power.

Battery power is much more convenient to use so I guess that in the long run hydrogen supporters will give in. In an interview Elon Musk once discussed the disadvantages of the hydrogen technology and said that it had zero chances against electric power.

Ehh, Elon Musk doesn't really know much about how this stuff works tbh...

Last edited:
-
Back