Hey all from Australia...

-

Elvis

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm a muscle car fan from Queensland, Australia. I've been a fan of American muscle cars since I was a kid, especially Mopars and Fords (Australian model Fords mainly)

Stumbled across these forums by accident trying to get info on Barracudas... great site, and I must congratualte you guys on the forums and on the quality of cars you guys have! It makes me very jealous looking at them all as they are very rare over here! Look forward to talking with you all.

Cheers Elvis.

Welcome from the land of Up Over :) Hey, we get the jealousy pangs, too, when we (well, me for sure) see the Utes (a '65 for me, thx!), the 3rd generation (67+) wagons, and Hemi 6's you guys have down there. Sweet!

Hey all, I'm a muscle car fan from Queensland, Australia. I've been a fan of American muscle cars since I was a kid, especially Mopars and Fords (Australian model Fords mainly)

Stumbled across these forums by accident trying to get info on Barracudas... great site, and I must congratualte you guys on the forums and on the quality of cars you guys have! It makes me very jealous looking at them all as they are very rare over here! Look forward to talking with you all.

Cheers Elvis.
Welcome to FABO!
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence!
We should work out a swap shop! You're models are rare here too!
Have fun on the site & welcome!!!

Hey Welcome to f.a.b.o. elvis can ya sing us a tune or two? just kiddin with ya enjoy the forums and post up some pic's when ya can :cheers:

XY_GT9.jpg

Thanks for the welcome guys... This is an example of my first car.(didn't have didgital camera back in mid 90's) This is a 1970 XY Falcon GT Phase III (Ford) For some time it was the fastest four door production car in the world! Mine was identical except it had black stripes down the side of the car not the brown, and mine was only a GT, not the Phase III.

I guess I forget that our cars would be sought after by enthusiasts overseas.

Meguiars_MotorEx_Underbelly_Monaro.jpg

Holden Monaro (GMH or Holden was the Aussie subsiduary of GM)

classics_7.jpg

Valiant E49 RT Charger... was the Aussie connection to Chrysler and Mopars)

OH! DARN! I see red "X's"!

Welcome aboard.

This is a 1970 XY Falcon GT Phase III (Ford) For some time it was the fastest four door production car in the world! Mine was identical except it had black stripes down the side of the car not the brown, and mine was only a GT, not the Phase III.

Bottom car is a Valiant E49 RT Charger... was the Aussie connection to Chrysler and Mopars)

Two of our most loved muscle cars here in Oz....

I'm having trouble loadinbg the other pics.

XY_GT9.jpg

classics_7.jpg

Let me guesss,you dont own them anymore???

Alot of people sold those car for peanuts back in the day,
i know my uncles hating my aunty right now for making
him sell his a while back lol.

I want to paint my vj in a similar silver.

No I don't own mine anymore.... sold it to some young guy years ago, saw it a few months after I sold it and he'd smashed the rear quater window as he'd locked the keys in it!! Guess he figured it was the smallest window so it would be cheaper to fix!?

My parents had a 68 HK Bathurst Monaro( metallic bronze!!!) They traded it on a green Ford XC Fairmont station wagon with a 351 V8 when I was born... I was child #3. :(

Makes me want to cry!

Welcome Elvis.

I love those Aussie Mopars and others, and always enjoy seeing them in the flicks filmed over there.

Are you guys having any problems with the swine flu in your area?

Yeah, we've got it over here... it's probably a bit worse here as it's our winter time and it's heaps easier to catch the flu anyway!! I'm sure you guys would've seen Mad Max over there with Mel Gibson in it? I loved the mods they did to some of our different Aussie models in that. One of my fav films!

Thanks again for the welcome too.

No I don't own mine anymore.... sold it to some young guy years ago, saw it a few months after I sold it and he'd smashed the rear quater window as he'd locked the keys in it!! Guess he figured it was the smallest window so it would be cheaper to fix!?

My parents had a 68 HK Bathurst Monaro( metallic bronze!!!) They traded it on a green Ford XC Fairmont station wagon with a 351 V8 when I was born... I was child #3. :(

Makes me want to cry!

Yeh there sure worth good money now!!!

Here´s a welcome from Sweden.
Got to love those Aussie Chargers.

-
Back