Hi everyone, My 1st Mopar

-

Alanstoy

Reaction score
Hello to all you car nuts out there.
My name is Alan.
Im from Auburn Washington, and have purchased my first Mopar at the ripe age of 48.:cheers:
I bought a 1967 Dart, with original drivetrain, 273 2bbl
It is a runner with almost zero rust. and basically straight.
I got it for $1,200 wich i KNOW was a steal.
Im so glad i found this forum,but as i look thru it, i realized that i could spend the rest of my natural life looking thru it. Lol
Im also learning that these cars, and parts for them are crazy hard to find and pretty darn expensive. (Not like my prior Chevs) Shhhh..

Im excited to dive into this new world of Old muscle cars, and never too old to learn. Just amazing to see the rarity of them.
I look forward to talking with any and everyone i come across in here.
Lord knows im gonna need the help and guidence.. Lol :prayer:

Ahhh those Chevys are a dime a dozen. Looks like you picked a good one for your first mopar and sounds like you stole that dart. What are your plans for it?

Welcome. Sounds like a real good deal for a 67 dart.

Attachments

• P7110053.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 167
Welcome to FABO !!! Just hold on to your wallet,you're going to find plenty of ideas for things you just can't live without !!!
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Ahhh those Chevys are a dime a dozen. Looks like you picked a good one for your first mopar and sounds like you stole that dart. What are your plans for it?

Sad to say, my brother and I pulled our efforts together, him the financer, and me the wrench spinner, we bought this to do a big flip on it.
So i wont be keeping it.
He asked me to find a car that we had the best chance of making some good money on, and this came up. and i KNEW this was the one.

I plan on going through it, and refreshing that wich needs it. Being the interior completely, fix the few little things with the body, and painting it.

Basically making her look like the beauty she was meant to be.
Ive got my hands full, just tryin to locate the things she needs.
Luckily the only body parts i will need is one fender and a door.
Finding the crome strips, as this car has them all, is a bit of a challenge, but i have most of them now.
The fromt glass chrome strips i learned are rediculously hard to find.
(what was mopar thinking on this year)

I know it will break my heart to sell her when that time comes. But in these times money is a major factor in life.
I am still very excited to be doing this to an old and very potential Mopar.

She is screaming to be saved. And i will save her.

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcomes, i feel very welcomed into this family of Mopar fans.
Tony, I love that picture, lol, you can just feel the speed and craziness of that car. haha

Welcome & cool car. Look forward to seeing your build.

I am seeing a trend here since joining last week. That is, lot's of Chevy guys switching over to Mopars (Myself included). Hmmmmm...... must be something in the water LOL!

Personally, I wanted something unique...them Camaros, Malibus, Chevelles, Mustangs etc are very cool. And parts sure are cheaper. But they are like belly buttons, seems like everyone at the local shows has one.

I am seeing a trend here since joining last week. That is, lot's of Chevy guys switching over to Mopars ......

Welcome all. Glad to see you've seen the light and changed from the 'Darkside'. Remember...Big Boys no longer wear bowties!

Sad to say, my brother and I pulled our efforts together, him the financer, and me the wrench spinner, we bought this to do a big flip on it.
So i wont be keeping it.
He asked me to find a car that we had the best chance of making some good money on, and this came up. and i KNEW this was the one.

I plan on going through it, and refreshing that wich needs it. Being the interior completely, fix the few little things with the body, and painting it.

Basically making her look like the beauty she was meant to be.
Ive got my hands full, just tryin to locate the things she needs.
Luckily the only body parts i will need is one fender and a door.
Finding the crome strips, as this car has them all, is a bit of a challenge, but i have most of them now.
The fromt glass chrome strips i learned are rediculously hard to find.
(what was mopar thinking on this year)

I know it will break my heart to sell her when that time comes. But in these times money is a major factor in life.
I am still very excited to be doing this to an old and very potential Mopar.

She is screaming to be saved. And i will save her.

sigh:sad1:

Welcome

Chevys are everywhere... I get sick of looking at them. If I had a Chevy I would still be so tired of looking at them. lol

Welcome new member, you cant find a better site then this to start a rebuid like the one you have there, remember just ask and you will find the answer here.

Good luck new member

Attachments

• IMG_2388.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 92
-
Back