Highest flowing sbm heads?

-
After reading all the B.S.
The most affordable highest flowing head OOTB ready to run in MOST cases is the Trick Flow.
The next stage is the Indy 360-1 or 2 top end, for a few more bucks and work. :D
The final stage is the W8 or 9, have to really open your wallet at that point.
Get yourself a set of Trick flows and Harland sharp rockers and rock on!

I would buy the Bloomer heads( which come ready to run) before the trick flows.
Havent seen anybody yet with the trick flows as fast as the Bloomers are at the track.
That said, don’t use me as an example..lol

You sound like a lazy engine builder that wants to spend other peoples money.......

Meanwhile other people are getting it done for less and with stuff guys like you won't touch. In the current economic environment by the way which will only get worse the average racer will have much less to spend. The days of cheap parts from China are over. Better figure out how to use what you have lying around. Funny how the hobby goes back to where it first started.

The funny part will be seeing all these expensive toys that people have to offload to be able to make payments on more important stuff like homes and cars so they can get to work. Demographically speaking the glory days are behind us for those who were born in the 50's 60's and 70's.

Ohhhh and it’s only Wednesday

6CA55C8C-0378-4D04-AC76-4D83BC365EEA.jpeg

Havent seen anybody yet with the trick flows as fast as the Bloomers are at the track.
What is the cost of a ready to run bloomer head?

You will have better part of 3k in them all set up ready to run with quality parts.
the machining, castings, everything is top shelf.
Sounds like a very good option I was not aware of.

You will have better part of 3k in them all set up ready to run with quality parts.
the machining, castings, everything is top shelf.
Yeah. Thanks for the information! Do you have any links or shall I just Google?

I thought we needed W series heads to make any serious power.......

I thought we needed W series heads to make any serious power.......

Depends on serious. These heads are plenty good enough to get any typical 3000 pound bracket car in the 9’s without working up much of a sweat.
any more than that, yea, W/ offset non standard stuff

I'd be more than pleased with 9s.

Is having his own castings made?

I'd be more than pleased with 9s.

Is having his own castings made?

yes, they are overseas castings, all the machine work to finish them( they come as blanks) is done at Bischoff. Very, very reputable shop.
Rod the. sets up the springs, etc, to your spec.
his brother Vic designed the ports from scratch, have 2.08 intakes.

Last edited:
Very very cool. I wasn't even aware of this. Much appreciated :thumbsup:

They look like nice heads. How much rocker arm geometry correction did they require?

my engine builder looked at them, I run the standard Harland Sharp rockers on them, like I did the Eddie’s.
over time, I might put a bit of extra wear on the guides, but ran the eddies 4 years, everything still looked good, ran the Bloomers last season, zero issues. 6500-6600 rpm, at the track, decent amount of street driving.
I am sure it could be perfected, I just haven’t. Very happy with everything, never had a valve train issue

I mean, I consider 700ish hp in a car going into the 9s to be pretty dang serious. Of course these days I guess you ain't **** if you aren't putting down 1000 at the wheels.

I mean, I consider 700ish hp in a car going into the 9s to be pretty dang serious. Of course these days I guess you ain't **** if you aren't putting down 1000 at the wheels.

these heads aren’t gonna make 700 horse.
but with a nice roller, and compatible parts, they I am positive will support 620-630 easy enough( they actually made 657 on Bischoff dyno) that on pump swill with a 263@50 roller
You can see the pull on Rods Facebook page, along with the 6.08 pass one of his customers made. Based on weight and MPH, that pass is 630 or better horsepower wise..conservatively.

You're going to need an Indy head for 700 - 750 hp and W8 for over 750.

these heads aren’t gonna make 700 horse.
but with a nice roller, and compatible parts, they I am positive will support 620-630 easy enough( they actually made 657 on Bischoff dyno) that on pump swill with a 263@50 roller
You can see the pull on Rods Facebook page, along with the 6.08 pass one of his customers made. Based on weight and MPH, that pass is 630 or better horsepower wise..conservatively.
I think with 13:1 plus and a few other things could get those heads very close or at 700. What do you think ?

-
Back