Highest flowing sbm heads?

-
My goal would be a 600+ hp 4" stroker based engine that I can take to the strip occasionally and mostly be obnoxious with around town.

I figure in round numbers I probably need upwards of 310-320 CFM to get to those power levels on a fairly optimized tune and combo. Just from the research I've done. Some guys here have actually done it and I'm appreciative of their knowledge and advice.

set of Bloomer heads( I would call Rod Bloomer and see if he has some available) would easily get you there with an optimized combo.
know of two such builds that have already well exceeded the 600 figure.
that way you can use production style intake, rockers, headers etc that are available.

beat it into everyone’s head?
what is that supposed to mean?
isn’t my motor, I just happen to know a good bit about the build
Hey, I almost feel like you didn’t read the words in parentheses to aid in what I hoped to convey a jovial reply.

Though the constant correction and precise figures constantly regurgitated by yourself when the reply I made was just a “In General reply” (and obviously so!) could be construed as irritating and petty.

Is this the route you’re taking?
Are you sure you want to be that guy consistently correcting?
You’re making a point doing this? Correct?
I’m about to call BS on this and you for being what is becoming and most probably something done on purpose in being a dick.
That’s on you if you wish to do so but I just don’t see a reason and wonder why you would willingly take this route.

So… what’s your Fuckin point?

Or is it you just wanna be a dick?

What’s the deal?

Hey, I almost feel like you didn’t read the words in parentheses to aid in what I hoped to convey a jovial reply.

Though the constant correction and precise figures constantly regurgitated by yourself when the reply I made was just a “In General reply” (and obviously so!) could be construed as irritating and petty.

Is this the route you’re taking?
Are you sure you want to be that guy consistently correcting?
You’re making a point doing this? Correct?
I’m about to call BS on this and you for being what is becoming and most probably something done on purpose in being a dick.
That’s on you if you wish to do so but I just don’t see a reason and wonder why you would willingly take this route.

So… what’s your Fuckin point?

Or is it you just wanna be a dick?

What’s the deal?
Guess I miss understood you. Internet conversations on forums where you have never met someone can do that.
I thought you were trying to make the point I was continuously bringing up that Victor motor
That all said, unlike you, I am not gonna assume the worst and move to name calling.
We have both been on this forum and posted enough I think, or hope at least.
Some « jokes » I guess go right over my head

Come on guys play nice, we aren't talking about 302 heads and 318's so there's no reason to get worked up!

set of Bloomer heads( I would call Rod Bloomer and see if he has some available) would easily get you there with an optimized combo.
know of two such builds that have already well exceeded the 600 figure.
that way you can use production style intake, rockers, headers etc that are available.
Question. Do the Victor heads use the factory standard manifold ports and bolt spacing. I thought that they did and fit once the spacers were in place?

Question. Do the Victor heads use the factory standard manifold ports and bolt spacing. I thought that they did and fit once the spacers were in place?

These Edelbrock #61729 Victor Series cylinder head is for use on 1967-1991, 318-360 c.i.d. Chrysler LA engines. They feature fully CNC ported 58cc combustion chambers and have an intake port volume of 225cc. This cylinder head is an in-line valve design incorporating a 16deg valve angle (stock is 18deg) for improved air flow and increased power levels over heavily ported stock versions. They also feature the Chrysler W5 bolt pattern and have raised exhaust ports. The intake port has also been raised approximately 3/4" and the flange has also been extended to accommodate a stock (race) intake manifold such as our Super Victor #2815. Finally, a 5.56" overall length valve (+0.600" from stock) and raised rocker cover permit larger port cross-sections than in the stock head. Four versions are available; bare, bare with valves, complete (for hydraulic/flat tappet cams and solid roller cams) and Pro Port Raw. End-seal spacers are provided.

These Edelbrock #61729 Victor Series cylinder head is for use on 1967-1991, 318-360 c.i.d. Chrysler LA engines. They feature fully CNC ported 58cc combustion chambers and have an intake port volume of 225cc. This cylinder head is an in-line valve design incorporating a 16deg valve angle (stock is 18deg) for improved air flow and increased power levels over heavily ported stock versions. They also feature the Chrysler W5 bolt pattern and have raised exhaust ports. The intake port has also been raised approximately 3/4" and the flange has also been extended to accommodate a stock (race) intake manifold such as our Super Victor #2815. Finally, a 5.56" overall length valve (+0.600" from stock) and raised rocker cover permit larger port cross-sections than in the stock head. Four versions are available; bare, bare with valves, complete (for hydraulic/flat tappet cams and solid roller cams) and Pro Port Raw. End-seal spacers are provided.
Questions please. Will these bolt up to a std 340 motor. Are customs pistons required? Is a custom rocker gear required? Anything I missed?

I have a question about the Victor heads. Will any La intake manifold bolt to Edelbrock Victor heads? Such as this?

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
Guess I miss understood you. Internet conversations on forums where you have never met someone can do that.
I thought you were trying to make the point I was continuously bringing up that Victor motor
That all said, unlike you, I am not gonna assume the worst and move to name calling.
We have both been on this forum and posted enough I think, or hope at least.
Some « jokes » I guess go right over my head
I never called you a name but I did ask if you were going to be a dick. It the same as calling you a dick. That was pretty shitty of you.

Moving on….

not assuming. Seen you post on here for years.
Trust me on this, you assume much. Very much.

But… I’m starting to wonder about you. I’ve noticed and you’re proving it here and now, you just seem to like coming back and ether have the last word and/or poke the head kind of thing.
You just can’t STFU.

What’s your problem or are you looking for one?

I never called you a name but I did ask if you were going to be a dick. It the same as calling you a dick. That was pretty shitty of you.

Moving on….

Hey fish at least you don’t make a habit of calling guys a lier. And I think he must have gotten an advertising discount on his set of heads. Lol

In the article referenced above they used a W2 TR with LOTS of rework to fit the Victors. Good article !
They advertise factory race manifold. I wondered if they meant W2 stuff or just meant good manifolds like the victor, trick flow factory bolt and gasket stuff.

I was wondering the same thing base on Eddy catalog description.
Ok. I'm a little slow at times. I googled the manifold part number they listed and it's a standard SB Mopar intake bolt and port spacing. So this manifold will work fine. That's what I needed to know for sure. I bought a single Comp cams ultimate pro magnum rocker and have a deal working on a killer set of shafts. I'll fit the one rocker when the heads get here and see how, if that's going to work out.

s-l400.jpg

Hey fish at least you don’t make a habit of calling guys a lier. And I think he must have gotten an advertising discount on his set of heads. Lol
I gotta tell ya brother, I don’t get it and I don’t wanna get it.
This guy here assumes a plenty amount way over filling the glass.
I sit here calm as crap and wonder how this guy missed what I intended. But it’s OK. He already called himself shorted in the amount of cards in his deck.

I’m moving on …..

They advertise factory race manifold. I wondered if they meant W2 stuff or just meant good manifolds like the victor, trick flow factory bolt and gasket stuff.

a super Victor will work.
the W2 manifold round/ square was 40 hour labor of love used in the build.

-
Back