Highest flowing sbm heads?

-
About how much did a set of those cost? I had heads when I was there and never bothered to ask him. I decided when I got home that the TF were not going to feed the 440 like I wanted but those Bloomers sure looked very impressive.
I'd do the Indy 360-1 top end package with port work done on the heads and intake.

What did it weigh

At that time it was 2780ish with me in it. It was way lighter when I bought the car but it wasn’t legal to run in the 9’s. So I had to replace some bars that were undersized and under the minimum wall thickness and I had to add some bars. Before I could recertify the car to sell it, they made me put foot box braces in there. That added about 20 pounds to it. It may have been 30 pounds. I can’t remember because that was 2006. I know it added weight to it because the guy I sold it to weighed it and was bitching because it was heavier by 50-60 pounds than I told him.

Some of that was the foot box bracing and some of it was he weighed more than me. Not by much, but he weighed more than me.

At that time it was 2780ish with me in it. It was way lighter when I bought the car but it wasn’t legal to run in the 9’s. So I had to replace some bars that were undersized and under the minimum wall thickness and I had to add some bars. Before I could recertify the car to sell it, they made me put foot box braces in there. That added about 20 pounds to it. It may have been 30 pounds. I can’t remember because that was 2006. I know it added weight to it because the guy I sold it to weighed it and was bitching because it was heavier by 50-60 pounds than I told him.

Some of that was the foot box bracing and some of it was he weighed more than me. Not by much, but he weighed more than me.
Impressive ET’s it laid down

Impressive ET’s it laid down

There was some left in it. I didn’t have much adjustment on the clutch and I didn’t even have single adjustable shocks on it. I had 3 ways on both ends. And they sucked.

If I had some decent double adjustable shocks and a clutch I could easily adjust base pressure and play with counterweights I would have got some ET down a bit.

@Rat Bastid doesn't like to post pics and I have posted this before but this was his car.
image0.jpeg

I'd do the Indy 360-1 top end package with port work done on the heads and intake.
I like the flow numbers Hughes posts for the Victors better. My last issue with the Victor heads is the exhaust. As most know only tti makes headers for the 67 Cuda and the Victor heads, I think. I hate the idea of losing my power steering. What steering option does a guy have if he uses Victor heads and the TTI headers? Is there a rack system that fits or am I limited to manual steering box?

The set I have on now were ported over 10 years ago and are an old open chamber style. 5.97 so far with not as much as a jet change. That’s a 9.30 or possibly in the 9.20’s. My car is honestly not a go fast combo with a 14-32 slick and is set up for bracket racing not test n tune or I would 10 inch M/T radials on it. And hit a coastal track like many.
John you say your duster is not a go fast combo, does it have factory front frame rails? Inner fenders? Firewall, backhalf car sounds fast to me

John you say your duster is not a go fast combo, does it have factory front frame rails? Inner fenders? Firewall, backhalf car sounds fast to me

Like all strictly bracket race combos I sacrifice some things that make it consistent over some things that would make it faster. I know for a fact it would go .20 fast plus with a 10 radial tire. A 14-32 slicks is not a go fast tire when honestly it’s not needed. My budget style of racing has me running a timing chain instead of a belt, of the shelf pistons instead of special race pak rings and special coatings, no light-weight parts that drive costs up, no torque plates used during boring, home done hone jobs, I could pay someone good to do my porting work instead of butchering them myself. There’s a big chance a vacuum pump would help my combo and the list goes on. Take all of that and I’ve added 300 plus pounds to this car since 2010.

I like the flow numbers Hughes posts for the Victors better. My last issue with the Victor heads is the exhaust. As most know only tti makes headers for the 67 Cuda and the Victor heads, I think. I hate the idea of losing my power steering. What steering option does a guy have if he uses Victor heads and the TTI headers? Is there a rack system that fits or am I limited to manual steering box?

You could do a whole @HemiDenny front suspension, it converts to coilovers and a rack-and-pinion setup. That’s a “bolt in” solution.

Or you could keep the manual box and add a Toyota electric power assist under the dash in line with the column. But that takes some fabrication and messing with.

You could do a whole @HemiDenny front suspension, it converts to coilovers and a rack-and-pinion setup. That’s a “bolt in” solution.

Or you could keep the manual box and add a Toyota electric power assist under the dash in line with the column. But that takes some fabrication and messing with.
Thats an interesting proposal. I would be putting in a new steering column then anyway,I should research that route. Have you seen it done before? I'm not wanting to go to coilovers if it can be avoided.

Thats an interesting proposal. I would be putting in a new steering column then anyway,I should research that route. Have you seen it done before? I'm not wanting to go to coilovers if it can be avoided.

I’m following this members thread on it: Link to thread.

This is as far as I’ve got
KXELljg.jpg

I wouldn’t even consider power steering if paying all the money to gain the extra performance and hassle of running Victor heads

I wouldn’t even consider power steering if paying all the money to gain the extra performance and hassle of running Victor heads
Well so far the only hassle is the exhaust, steering. The rockers I think I have figured out and that's reasonable and there are no comparable heads to consider. So I don't see this as being more expensive yet.

You could always buy a set of these but you would probably need a second job. I commented on the low lift numbers and he said the 55 degree seat causes that. Not a head I need or want.

00C34048-619D-4A20-81C2-4C03CC618379.jpeg

C3FD242C-840B-434C-81B2-F12F2AD4B404.jpeg

9420B15D-F9FB-46CE-A982-8AD4DBF51B0B.jpeg

5C4B3235-8AE9-49FF-8F4D-D1CD76CEBA30.jpeg

120FA1EE-4DB0-41E6-B2EC-38478B252ABD.jpeg

263AEAF7-2F15-4251-858D-7E5CE7DDCBED.jpeg

Well so far the only hassle is the exhaust, steering. The rockers I think I have figured out and that's reasonable and there are no comparable heads to consider. So I don't see this as being more expensive yet.

You’re going to have 1300 in headers, 4100 in heads, another probably close to 1000 in a ported super victor, and 1000-1200 bucks in a custom 16 degree piston.
Guess it isn’t all that bad. Doubt I would run that head on a stock block, if having the block. live any appreciable time is a consideration.
Should be fun!

You’re going to have 1300 in headers, 4100 in heads, another probably close to 1000 in a ported super victor, and 1000-1200 bucks in a custom 16 degree piston.
Guess it isn’t all that bad. Doubt I would run that head on a stock block, if having the block. live any appreciable time is a consideration.
Should be fun!

My pistons were always going to cost 1000, I'm not using the victor, I have a ritter block already, 1300 for headers is only 200 more. Is there another head option that performs as well that is cheaper than Victors that I missed? I did ask if there was another option.

My pistons were always going to cost 1000, I'm not using the victor, I have a ritter block already, 1300 for headers is only 200 more. Is there another head option that performs as well that is cheaper than Victors that I missed? I did ask if there was another option.

can’t think of anything out there with more potential except either W8/9 or P7.
Great you have a block. Keep us up on the build sounds fun!

can’t think of anything out there with more potential except either W8/9 or P7.
Great you have a block. Keep us up on the build sounds fun!

What is the deal with the W8? Are they priced similar? I like the flow of the Victors with that small port. I think it will make a nice powerful street build for me and have some snap. I bought Bloomers extra block when he decided to build a hemi.

How is the Indy head flow? Ether head?

not sure what to believe in flow numbers you see around, but a local guy I race with has been 9.50’s with them with a glide and his car is a bit over 3000, and I know David Dean who I think posts on here once in a while has been over 120 in the 1/8 with them.
they used to make( don’t think they do anymore) a raised port 245cc head. I have seen a set. Very hard to get sealed up with intake.
problem is, they are leak prone, like W5 heads
i would think the -1 heads probably have 750 horse potential.

Have heard Vic Bloomer is playing around with the Indy head, not sure what that will result in regards offering them for sale. Would be an interesting development

-
Back