Highest flowing sbm heads?

-
I have a question for the folks here. They advertise the Victor head as a 225 cc intake port. But it is a raised port with an additional 3/4 or 7/8" in port length. My math says that if that port were the standard length for an accurate comparison it equals about 200 cfm. Thats a lot of flow advertised for a 200 cfm port. Wouldn't the velocity be incredible? Doe's anyone port these heads further? Am I wrong in my assessment of the port volume thoughts?

Take some time on this link

Newsroom
:lol: I thought you were sending us to the Trick Flow news room.
Are you putting ported Speedmaster heads and intake on your 422?
I think that's the only way you can really compare Speedmaster products to Edelbrock.

:lol: I thought you were sending us to the Trick Flow news room.
Are you putting ported Speedmaster heads and intake on your 422?
I think that's the only way you can really compare Speedmaster products to Edelbrock.

I guarantee you it would be easier for me to get [email protected] and 315 cfm out of. Once I go past 320 they even out but I like the valve guide fit better on the speedmaster heads for sure.

Ouch

1A76F009-DD08-4AEF-969F-A9F143B64695.jpeg

I gotta ask a few guys a question or two. Do you dislike the BPE, ProMax, Airwolf, and about five other Edelbrock copies too??? Or just Speedmaster??? Just curious if you know they all use the same offshore castings???

I gotta ask a few guys a question or two. Do you dislike the BPE, ProMax, Airwolf, and about five other Edelbrock copies too??? Or just Speedmaster??? Just curious if you know they all use the same offshore castings???
I own a set of ProMaxx heads. No issues.
BPE is Bloomers heads? No issue. Don’t own a set. I see it as a niche head since it is not easily purchased by anyone. No disrespect, but I see it as a FB head since you need FB for the most part to get it.
Air wolf heads, similar as above but worse since he is mostly invisible and as far as I know, isn’t in biz.
The speedmaster head as cast hasn’t be shown as all that. Funnier yet, I read guys getting them thinking they’re going to turn low 11’s as cast or make 470+ lbs/tq and get upset when they’re slug slow.

Ok fellas, the B/S is gone now back to cylinder heads. Take the political and racist crap to the N&P. It Will Not Be tolerated in the General forums.

What about the Edelbrock Victor small block heads? I know nothing about them. But I saw were Brett Miller got 380 CFM out of a set he ported
These were discussed earlier. I know the thread is long but it’s in here. To re cap…

Ported or not, the OOTB Victor head is currently 2K and change.
Porting is extra of course…. But the stock flow is about the best OOTB there is.

W7-8-9 will out flow the Victor or at least should. The W9 was advertised by MP as a OOTB 300 cfm head.

That’s what the basic deal is and even though the OP has s just knowledge searching, it bears repeating, use of these heads should have a well built and prepared engine under it and camshafts that make these heads sing beautiful songs are not small. You could get away with street cams, but I’d question why.

I know I wouldn’t try these on a stock block unless it was an under built engine. With the intake valve size I’m not even sure it would clear a .030 over 360.

I was trying to attach a post from moparts from wear Brett Miller has a victor small block head flowing 380 cfm. But moparts keeps locking up my

Like someone mentioned you really should read the whole post then guys wouldn’t have to repeat things. I posted earlier what Brett does with these heads.

Like someone mentioned you really should read the whole post then guys wouldn’t have to repeat things. I posted earlier what Brett does with these heads

Well my phone was locked up for a long time and I didn't get to read wear you all ready posted the info. I will go back and try and delete my posts

6.4 Hemi, factory 485 "NET" hp. Tell me what that is in our dyno "GROSS" hp please. So we are around 550+ hp ??? bone stock and idling smooth??? Cam swap and good exhaust and we are over 600 hp.
You can "not" like it. You can defy it in our "older vehicles". You can stomp in front of the mirror. But in reality, you cannot get as much hp cheaper with same reliability with a "LA" build. And yes, I'm a realist. Sorry. :) The fastest, most powerful small blocks to EVER be produced in a factory mopar is the Gen III hemi's. Facts are facts, even if somebody doesn't like them.
My brother has a 2020 1320 challenger with a 6.4 with only a smaller crank pulley e85 tune on e85 he has been 11 flat at 4350 pounds. That comes out to 636 horsepower for a stock engine.

I own a set of ProMaxx heads. No issues.
BPE is Bloomers heads? No issue. Don’t own a set. I see it as a niche head since it is not easily purchased by anyone. No disrespect, but I see it as a FB head since you need FB for the most part to get it.
Air wolf heads, similar as above but worse since he is mostly invisible and as far as I know, isn’t in biz.
The speedmaster head as cast hasn’t be shown as all that. Funnier yet, I read guys getting them thinking they’re going to turn low 11’s as cast or make 470+ lbs/tq and get upset when they’re slug slow.
I have gone 11.35 with speedmaster as cast heads running out of gear around 1100'. It was in a 11.5 comp 414 cu/in with a .590 purple shaft and 1 5/8 header's, 4.56 gears and a 28 tall tire. I bought them bare and just hand lapped the valves, no valve job. The converter was bought used and not built for mt combo. Same engine with trick flow heads and 1 7/8 header's and a converter/trans I got from pittsburghracer went 10.75 still running out of gear. I had a new converter built by PTC to try this year.

I have gone 11.35 with speedmaster as cast heads running out of gear around 1100'. It was in a 11.5 comp 414 cu/in with a .590 purple shaft and 1 5/8 header's, 4.56 gears and a 28 tall tire. I bought them bare and just hand lapped the valves, no valve job. The converter was bought used and not built for mt combo. Same engine with trick flow heads and 1 7/8 header's and a converter/trans I got from pittsburghracer went 10.75 still running out of gear. I had a new converter built by PTC to try this at year.

This is at Keystone too that isn’t known to be a fast track and surely not a coastal super track.
This was

This is at Keystone too that isn’t known to be a fast track and surely not a coastal super track.
This was
And to add to that, my combo surely isn't a optimal combo, just a bunch of stuff I bought in a hurry. All the parts are out of the box on off the shelf items, nothing custom. Based on your m1 porting thread, I'm sure the m1 I have could be better or changed to a better intake.

And to add to that, my combo surely isn't a optimal combo, just a bunch of stuff I bought in a hurry. All the parts are out of the box on off the shelf items, nothing custom. Based on your m1 porting thread, I'm sure the m1 I have could be better or changed to a better intake.

Like I said before that M1 surprised me but it’s not a ported Victor340. If I had a spare one I’d let you try it.

Like I said before that M1 surprised me but it’s not a ported Victor340. If I had a spare one I’d let you try it.
It may be something I change next off season. I plan on pulling the motor and going through it. Maybe I'll bring you the intake and have you play with it, if you're up to it.

I have gone 11.35 with speedmaster as cast heads running out of gear around 1100'. It was in a 11.5 comp 414 cu/in with a .590 purple shaft and 1 5/8 header's, 4.56 gears and a 28 tall tire. I bought them bare and just hand lapped the valves, no valve job. The converter was bought used and not built for mt combo. Same engine with trick flow heads and 1 7/8 header's and a converter/trans I got from pittsburghracer went 10.75 still running out of gear. I had a new converter built by PTC to try this year.
Nice! Very nice.

-
Back