Highest flowing sbm heads?

-
nope, no discounts. I wish:lol:
About how much did a set of those cost? I had heads when I was there and never bothered to ask him. I decided when I got home that the TF were not going to feed the 440 like I wanted but those Bloomers sure looked very impressive.

No I wondered what the bloomers cost. For the Victors 2045 is what I was told, but I was also told they aren't sure how they will come. Maybe valves and springs, which springs? They really werent sure but said we can get them set up for whatever I'm doing. They aren't even solid on the price. It's an educated guess right now until they come in.

About how much did a set of those cost? I had heads when I was there and never bothered to ask him. I decided when I got home that the TF were not going to feed the 440 like I wanted but those Bloomers sure looked very impressive.
About 3k, I payed a bit extra to have them milled to where I wanted them

No I wondered what the bloomers cost. For the Victors 2045 is what I was told, but I was also told they aren't sure how they will come. Maybe valves and springs, which springs? They really werent sure but said we can get them set up for whatever I'm doing. They aren't even solid on the price. It's an educated guess right now until they come in.
Oh! Sorry….

If you can find out the spring rates to compare to the cam you want to run recommend spring that manufacturers suggest, you may have a match within a few scant pounds, if not, order the head bare with valves and proceed from there.

That current chink head, if you move the pushrod hole over yourself, you can port that chink head out to a level close to a W5 head.

My W5’s gave up the ghost on a thin spot and flowed 312 cfm on a 4.125 bore. Some of the top results I have seen have been in the 335/340 area.

The chink head without the pushrod moved have been know to go to 300 cfm. I don’t think you’ll find another 30/40 cfm, but I’m sure you’ll find something!

The W5 was great on paper, poor on execution that wasn’t Chryslers fault but the fault of the casting company in the use of poor aluminum and casting. Chrysler attempted to fix the problem but the damage was already done with the reputation the W5 had earned. The cost of attempting a 3rd fix was deemed too expensive since it would also require a massive add campaign explaining and proving the better castings would be worth the expense. The difficulty of re earning the trust back was considered on top of everything else was thought to be to much.

The cancelled the W5 & marched on with the W7, 8 & 9 series head. Also, being the W2 had a rock solid reputation, the only draw back was its iron and heavy. So they kept the W2 & went on with the 7,8,9 series head.

I always hoped the W5 would come back again. The head still sits in the replacement head category since it really doesn’t take exotic or race only parts for use.

IMO, with the bad rap and huge expense to right the wrong along with the lack of trust due to the crap head production techniques, the introduction of the Edelbrock head sealed the W5’s fate.

The Edelbrock can go 300 cfm. Pittsburghracer produces excellent results with those and the chink heads. Few people fully exploit the heads full potential.

Being done now on most current offerings.
Oh - sarcasm, I missed it!

Unless the chink head has a raised intake port it won’t make anywhere near the power of a W5. Not even close. And not even if they both flow the same.

That would be one of those times when a flow bench doesn’t tell you everything.

Unless the chink head has a raised intake port it won’t make anywhere near the power of a W5. Not even close. And not even if they both flow the same.

ThAt would be one of those times when a flow bench doesn’t tell you everything.
Absolutely agree. The chink head can get pretty far. On the street, not a big deal. On the track for a race car, very big deal. The chink head would be an easy 100HP down, no problem.

Perhaps I should have been a little better in my wording and have said, “Close to my W5” since a thin port stopped further porting. 312 cfm is a bit shy of what these heads have been known to be able to do.

Who’s done a chink head past 312cfm?

You guys keep thinking and saying this. Lol
Yea, true, but until I see someone or I myself have it done and outperform the W5, it’s all theoretics from paper work and flow bench testing.

Is it possible the chink head out performs a W head?
IDK, it’s have t seen it yet not that I’m at the track often enough to know. But until I see it….

Absolutely agree. The chink head can get pretty far. On the street, not a big deal. On the track for a race car, very big deal. The chink head would be an easy 100HP down, no problem.

Absolutely not true. A full boogie W5 head can make a true 700 horsepower( based on both dyno and track results)
A ” chink” head can make 650 without moving the pushrod based on dyno and track results.

A poster on here has been 6.0’s at 112 at right at 2900 pounds with a smallish roller and under 12 to 1 compression already With a non offfest chink head

Perhaps I should have been a little better in my wording and have said, “Close to my W5” since a thin port stopped further porting. 312 cfm is a bit shy of what these heads have been known to be able to do.

Who’s done a chink head past 312cfm?

Yea, true, but until I see someone or I myself have it done and outperform the W5, it’s all theoretics from paper work and flow bench testing.

Is it possible the chink head out performs a W head?
IDK, it’s have t seen it yet not that I’m at the track often enough to know. But until I see it….

The set I have on now were ported over 10 years ago and are an old open chamber style. 5.97 so far with not as much as a jet change. That’s a 9.30 or possibly in the 9.20’s. My car is honestly not a go fast combo with a 14-32 slick and is set up for bracket racing not test n tune or I would 10 inch M/T radials on it. And hit a coastal track like many.

You guys keep thinking and saying this. Lol

And proving it. For decades. That’s why two heads can flow say…300 CFM and one kicks the **** out of the other.

There is way more to making horsepower than just flow. Port shape is just as important (maybe more so) than flow.

How the port flows in reverse is just as important as how it flows in its normal direction

And proving it. For decades. That’s why two heads can flow say…300 CFM and one kicks the **** out of the other.

There is way more to making horsepower than just flow. Port shape is just as important (maybe more so) than flow.

How the port flows in reverse is just as important as how it flows in its normal direction

ET tells the story and I’m not the only one writing the book. Take those leaky azz W5 heads and plant tomatoes in them.

I can’t wait to but my new set on and then guys will really be eating their words. I’ve learned a lot in the past 10 years. Most of it coming in the last 8 months.

ET tells the story and I’m not the only one writing the book. Take those leaky azz W5 heads and plant tomatoes in them.

Actually is MPH and car weight that tells the story. And dyno numbers because we all know that all race cars are perfectly tuned.

Thats sarcasm.

The set I have on now were ported over 10 years ago and are an old open chamber style. 5.97 so far with not as much as a jet change. That’s a 9.30 or possibly in the 9.20’s. My car is honestly not a go fast combo with a 14-32 slick and is set up for bracket racing not test n tune or I would 10 inch M/T radials on it. And hit a coastal track like many.
:thumbsup:
Absolutely not true. A full boogie W5 head can make a true 700 horsepower( based on both dyno and track results)
A ” chink” head can make 650 without moving the pushrod based on dyno and track results.
So, your saying my 100 hp estimate is wrong and it’s closer to 50 hp?
A poster on here has been 6.0’s at 112 at right at 2900 pounds with a smallish roller and under 12 to 1 compression already With a non offfest chink head
:thumbsup:
That be a possible future……
I can’t wait to but my new set on and then guys will really be eating their words. I’ve learned a lot in the past 10 years. Most of it coming in the last 8 months.
If such is the case. I look forward to being schooled.

Show me some quick W5 times, combo, and tracks the times were made.

my old W5 car.
3220( guy who bought it was considerably lighter than me..lol)
tti headers
he upped cam to 276@50 ish 700 lift( mine was 273/280 with street friendly lobes) Dwayne I believe specced it, as he did my original one
modded victor w2
dominator 1100 gas.
around 14 to 1 gas ported slugs, I ran 13 to 1 no gas porting slugs previously
422 x block
super stock springs
non minitubbed( very old school car)
9.62@140……. Englishtown, it’s been high 9.60’s low 70’s 138+ several other places

Show me some quick W5 times, combo, and tracks the times were made.

I made a bit over 700 HP on 340 inches with W5 heads.

In the car it went 9.30’s-9.40’s at 139ish MPH. And the car had issues.

If I had a virgin set today I could easily make another 30-35 HP over what I had.

Aint not chink head doing that.

my old W5 car.
tti headers
he upped cam to 276@50 ish 700 lift( mine was 273/280 with street friendly lobes) Dwayne I believe specced it, as he did my original one
modded victor w2
dominator 1100 gas.
422 x block
super stock springs
9.62@140……. Englishtown, it’s been high 9.60’s low 70’s 138+ several other places
I remember your car. Very nice. Wasn't it like B3 blue?

I made a bit over 700 HP on 340 inches with W5 heads.

In the car it went 9.30’s-9.40’s at 139ish MPH. And the car had issues.

If I had a virgin set today I could easily make another 30-35 HP over what I had.

Aint not chink head doing that.
What did it weigh

my old W5 car.
tti headers
modded victor w2
dominator 1100 gas.
422 x block
super stock springs

As we both know Englishtown was a super fast track but at least you gave some info with your post.

-
Back