Holley's science vs Edelbrock simplicity?

-
Don't think that the class racers haven't spent a fortune in their carbs. They don't get one one with the correct numbers throw a kit in it a run big numbers. :)

Don't think that the class racers haven't spent a fortune in their carbs. They don't get one one with the correct numbers throw a kit in it a run big numbers. :)
That is a joke. An old carb is peanuts compared to what could be spent on a Holley. Further more, there not dumping huge sums of money into a OE carb. Been there thanks.

Just saying, you don't need a Holley to go fast. Drag racing is the easiest, Idle and WOT.
Really, sounds like you haven't ever had a truly fast car. Say a car that can run 1.30 sixty foot times with the front wheels two foot in the air with out a trans brake. Yet street driven with no problems whatsoever.

Really, sounds like you haven't ever had a truly fast car. Say a car that can run 1.30 sixty foot times with the front wheels two foot in the air with out a trans brake. Yet street driven with no problems whatsoever.
Yawn.... been there thank you.
But now that you mention that the way you did, after you win some lotto, come see me and find out what fast really is.

That is a joke. An old carb is peanuts compared to what could be spent on a Holley. Further more, there not dumping huge sums of money into a OE carb. Been there thanks.
I've seen guys run 30 gallons of fuel on the dyno looking for more power from the carb they have to run.
Been there thanks

All my friends race. Sometimes I do their carbs. Not relevant what I have or don't have. I'm not here to bench race or brag, but to help with real advice.

All my friends race. Sometimes I do their carbs. Not relevant what I have or don't have. I'm not here to bench race or brag, but to help with real advice.
Sorry if that's how I came off, it seams I I've been on the defensive for liking Holley carbs. I've had AFBs and to many TQs to remember but like I've said before fuel was an issue with the TQ.
The comment of idle, wot was juvenile.

Joe Sherman on the 800 edelbrock carbs :

"My experience has been very good with the Edelbrock carbs. I keep an Edelbrock 800 for starting up all the street engines I build. It has proven to be as good or better than anything I have run up against up to about 550 HP."

Edelbrock 1407 - Don Terrill’s Speed-Talk

Just saying, you don't need a Holley to go fast. Drag racing is the easiest, Idle and WOT.
Holley carbs are more user friendly from idle to WOT on a potent motor.
I should say easier to eliminate a bog or dead spot. no oscillating metering rods. lol

Holley carbs are more user friendly from idle to WOT on a potent motor.
I should say easier to eliminate a bog or dead spot. no oscillating metering rods. lol
I know isn't that funny that Holley's don't have any oscillating metering rods to easily change..:poke:

I know isn't that funny that Holley's don't have any oscillating metering rods to easily change..:poke:
750 dp had the pump shot needed. lol and no stinking springs and rods when loading the converter when I was running that combo. That was the combo that would pass you at the stripe. lol:poke:

750 dp had the pump shot needed. lol and no stinking springs and rods when loading the converter when I was running that combo. That was the combo that would pass you at the stripe. lol:poke:
According to your friend YR nothing beats a TR....

What springs did you try?
I tried them all. Low vacuum required a weaker spring, which I think overlap created a varying vacuum signal creating bouncing of the step up rods at low RPM. I couldn't get a good transition

Sorry if that's how I came off, it seams I I've been on the defensive for liking Holley carbs. I've had AFBs and to many TQs to remember but like I've said before fuel was an issue with the TQ.
The comment of idle, wot was juvenile.

You do not have to be defensive. I ran a Holley for years. I just got tired of having to work on it. You should be able to make any carb work. That was my only point. In my experience a TQ or a good QJ is as good as it gets. I only work on what I want anymore. I can't imagine in todays world you can't get accelerator pumps for anything that can handle ethanol. I will stand by my Idle and WOT statement for a dedicated drag race car. Do they have to start, run, and cruise at any throttle position in temperatures between -20 degrees F and 105 degrees F for hours on end? How many miles get put on a dedicated drag race car? Not to trivialize what it takes to make a fast car, I know it is not. It is just a different animal.

Is it me or is anybody else seeing a theme here where the Holley users are very very defensive about their carburetors and most Edelbrock guys have used holleys and could go either way but prefer a simple Edelbrock??...

Well I guess if it took me half a lifetime to learn how to tune a carburetor I'd be pretty proud of it myself...
Holley speaking of course....

My Prime and perfect example would be the thread here going on about a Holley bog for two and a half months and 20 pages on a thread LOL. I've yet to ask him how much money the internet Heroes Have cost him so far...
I'm confident with two and a half more months and 20 more pages of help that he may still have house and hold left and damn it that bog may be gone.....

My Prime and perfect example would be the thread here going on about a Holley bog for two and a half months and 20 pages on a thread LOL. I've yet to ask him how much money the internet Heroes Have cost him so far...
I'm confident with two and a half more months and 20 more pages of help that he may still have house and hold left and damn it that bog may be gone.....
Really? Gotta go bashing other people?
nutkick-gif-gif.gif

shake_head-gif.gif

A. At least he is learning some things. A lot actually. Thought you were checking it out to try learn some things too. A lot of good discussion and testing in there. Unlike this thread which is mostly a pissing contest.
catfight.gif

B. From the pages I've read and particpated in that other thread, the only one trying to spend money there is the OP. The other participants have been encouranging him not to buy new shiny bling, but make what he has work.

Well I guess if it took me half a lifetime to learn how to tune a carburetor I'd be pretty proud of it myself...
Holley speaking of course....
OK carb guru, LOL how would you sort out my Carter problem on my old combo.
I tried them all. Low vacuum required a weaker spring, which I think overlap created a varying vacuum signal creating bouncing of the step up rods at low RPM. I couldn't get a good transition

-
Back