Holy S**t People

-
I love doing that to A holes that won't let me in! I believe they forgot that my truck is 13 years old, has 240,000 miles on it, and I don't give a rats behind if you're in a hurry or not, I've i dictated what I'm going to do, and I'm going to do it! You wanna close the gap in your Beemer, go right ahead!!! Learned most of my moves from my truck driving brother!!! :)

Oh the freedom you have when you drive a "beater" in a no fault insurance state....

I was merging on the highway one time in Auburn Hills and there was a Jaguar coming up in the lane next to me. I signaled to move over and he sped up to block me out. I jerked my wheel towards him like I was going to take out the whole pass side when he was next to me... :finga:

Sure, I'll take out a $60,000 Jag with my $2500 Laser.... I win.... :D

We kept about the same pace, and a few miles later, I was a little ahead of him and signaled to change lanes, and he let me in... :glasses7:

He got the message... :evil3:

Sure

Speaking of cops, why don't they put some really unmarked cars out there that look nothing like cop cars, and have them enforce some of the laws that are going unenforced. Crap, if I were a cop driving my unmarked plain white Fusion every day I could write about 30-40 tickets easy just driving with the commuters in Hartford & suburbs. Why don't they do this?

I do that too. :D
The ones that run their cart up on your heels are the ones that really piss me off.

PS, They do drive like that.

My wife won't go grocery shopping with me anymore. One day we were in a long checkout line and an old bat managed to run her cart into my ankles twice. The third time was the charm, I had had enough, I turned to the old bat and said, and I quote, "If you hit me with that cart one more time I am going to shove it up your ***". The old bat, my wife and a couple of other women were horrified. A couple of guys in the checkouts next to me burst out laughing and when we got to the cashier, she said the old bat does the same thing to everybody. Most people move to another line and she gets through quicker. On this particular day, I thought she was going to cry as she moved to a longer line.

Jack

I agree with all above, but would like to add...

The left lane is for passing. Move the hell over if you're not passing.

And that's why unlimited speed limit on the majority of our interstates will never work. People think they are 'entitled' to any part of the road they want. But mainly I have my car on cruise control about 4 mph over the limit and say to hell with them, FROM THE RIGHT/OUTSIDE LANE!

I think everyone should learn to drive a truck, 18 wheeler, before they drive a car. You get a respect for the road believe me.

Speaking of cops, why don't they put some really unmarked cars out there that look nothing like cop cars, and have them enforce some of the laws that are going unenforced. Crap, if I were a cop driving my unmarked plain white Fusion every day I could write about 30-40 tickets easy just driving with the commuters in Hartford & suburbs. Why don't they do this?

They do. Indiana has some unmarked Chargers and Mustangs.

I saw a IL state police car in a beige, they are usually white and yellow..

Yeah, like that works, lol.

I was driving through malfunction junction one day and this dude comes blazing up the ramp dives out in front of me and slams his brakes on, I'm grossing about 77 thousand and I'm all over the brake, while laying on my air horn. All he could do was laugh and flip me off like I did something.

He was driving one of the newer model crapmaros and I sooooo wanted to just give him a push. :twisted:

Why aren't you in the center lane....??

I think everyone should learn to drive a truck, 18 wheeler, before they drive a car. You get a respect for the road believe me.

I prefer to drive long distances at night. Less a-holes in cars weaving in and out, and the truckers don't bother me...

If they signal to move over in my lane, I will even brake and flash my lights to signal them to go. Then go around them after they pass what was in their way. I realize that they are just people trying to make a living.

Another thing to appreciate about truckers, is everything that we buy in the store has most likely been transported by truck at least twice before getting to the store. Without trucks we would not be able to buy most of the things that we use everyday....

Give them a break, they are helping us....

Thanks Guys,
For letting me know I'm NOT the only one feeling this way.
My ex-girlfriend was a stickler for manners, and couldn't understand my frustration with a$$holes on the road. I told her people need manners on the road,too, and anything else is just arrogant and offensive.
I won't use the term "blinkers", they're signals or indicators... used to signal or indicate one's intentions, simple enough.
I don't care if you like to go fast or slow, but keep right, pass left. How much congestion would that save if people actually did it?
Oh, and residential areas? Slow the F*ck down!
I ride a rather loud Triumph Bonneville hot rod street/bracket racer type toy. I'm not going to quiet it down because of that. That said, I try to be as courteous as possible. I loaf around residential neighborhoods trying to be as quiet as possible. One evening around 7pm in the summer, I'm riding home from work and encounter a detour into a residential area so I'm doing about 18-20mph and this tool runs up my butt and lays on the horn, I flipped him the bird. Next thing he almost hits me, so I stop. He starts screaming at me about kicking my ***, and "am I too afraid of my bike to ride it?". I was like "Really? You're giving me ****? Who's the f*cking a$$hole here? This is a residential area and YOU are disrespecting EVERY person living here."
:banghead::wack::violent1:
Sorry for the rant.

I agree we need to respect other drivers NO MATTER WHAT THEY DRIVE, however that also includes truckers! I can't tell you how many times while driving a pickup (not jacked up by the way). I've had a tractor so close behind me that I could not see there headlights, or had them change lanes while I was there (and had been for 2-3 miles). All this at 75-80 mph! I try to give truckers the benefit of the doubt but sometimes they just act like " I'm bigger so you just have to get out of my way". That said nontruck drivers are worse!

There is something important to remember, no matter what the other guy does, we shouldn't forget that we are operating what is potentially a deadly weapon and it's not cool to play games on the road. Someone could get hurt.

Lets just say I did something I'm not proud of in an "I'll show him" moment, it opened my eyes.

I can't tell ya how many times I have been told I'm #1 from people blazing up the get on ramp to the highway, and I can't get over because I have cars beside me. As soon as they get a chance they pass me and flip me off.

What the heck are they thinking, I'm gonna jam the brakes on in an 80,000 pound rig to let them in? Idiots...........

It really makes ya wonder what the term merge safely really means.

Bruce,everyone in California drives like this.

I was about 20 and in college, (mid 80's) and a friend and I went up to visit his grandmother in MD.
I seen a officer in an old beat up flat bed truck with hay in the back, with blue lights flashing writing a guy a ticket.
Never once thought they would used old trucks for patrol vehicles in MD.
Around here the police have a few unmarked old 4-door white Chevy Cavilers to give people performance awards.

the other day I was going through a "45 fines doubled" zone and I was going 45 and there were working guys everywhere and some lady on a phone was on my bumper and acts like I am a problem as she rudely passes me once the road opened up to two lanes.

No regard for the speed limit and even worse, no regard for the construction worker's safety.

Where is a cop when you need one because in Colorado there have been Construction workers killed by jerks like that who don't slow down through construction zones.

Carmen and I drove our camper van through a construction zone in South Dakota, speed was 45 MPH and we were going that speed. When it opened up to 2 lanes, about 15 cars passed by us honking, and almost everyone gave us the finger, along with a few yelling, "F*ck Canada!" Oh that's nice.

I was about 20 and in college, (mid 80's) and a friend and I went up to visit his grandmother in MD.
I seen a officer in an old beat up flat bed truck with hay in the back, with blue lights flashing writing a guy a ticket.
Never once thought they would used old trucks for patrol vehicles in MD.
Around here the police have a few unmarked old 4-door white Chevy Cavilers to give people performance awards.

My dad's best friend used to be mayor of a town near here back in the day. Their police force had an unmarked 340 Duster. :twisted:

If someone tried to race them off the light, they got pulled over.. :burnout: :banghead:

I use to drive the same route to work every morning at the same time for over 10 years, I began to recognize a lot of the same vehicles every morning as these were individuals taking the same route to work. The ones that drove like complete A holes, drove that same way every single morning for over ten years, unbelievable.

Turn signals are required by law, USE THEM!

There is such a thing as right of way at an intersection, LEARN IT!

If you don't your just another Ahole that shouldn't be driving.

I swear, any more it feels like people drive exactly the same way they walk around Walmart shopping. :finga::banghead:

Whole heartedly agreed, but what are you going to do? You cannot change strangers driving habits. You can scare them, drive uber defensively, road rage, or shoot them like they did in California where this started over twenty years ago (remember Steve Martin??)

My grandfather's was to drive a larger and even larger vehicle-people buy train horns now (yes the horns are illegal)

When people sue the auto manufacturer for the people's own negligence, it's too late, you live in a society without responsibility.

In the Walmart isle the person that ticks me off most is the one that stops to look at something and turns their shopping cart sideways in the isle. Doing this shuts the whole isle off and they yack on the cellphone to boot as now you can't get their attention. I take my cart and give their cart a gentle nudge to get their attention.

Carmen and I drove our camper van through a construction zone in South Dakota, speed was 45 MPH and we were going that speed. When it opened up to 2 lanes, about 15 cars passed by us honking, and almost everyone gave us the finger, along with a few yelling, "F*ck Canada!" Oh that's nice.

Abhorrent!

I can't tell ya how many times I have been told I'm #1 from people blazing up the get on ramp to the highway, and I can't get over because I have cars beside me. As soon as they get a chance they pass me and flip me off.

What the heck are they thinking, I'm gonna jam the brakes on in an 80,000 pound rig to let them in? Idiots...........

It really makes ya wonder what the term merge safely really means.

Probably more like 95,000 lbs.

Just do what I do, swerve over real hard then back that never fails to get me just enough room.

Whole heartedly agreed, but what are you going to do? You cannot change strangers driving habits. You can scare them, drive uber defensively, road rage, or shoot them like they did in California where this started over twenty years ago (remember Steve Martin??)

My grandfather's was to drive a larger and even larger vehicle-people buy train horns now (yes the horns are illegal)

When people sue the auto manufacturer for the people's own negligence, it's too late, you live in a society without responsibility.

I used to drive very politely, and try to set a good example out in traffic, but I got so tired of people being aholes all around me that I said screw it.
If one of us HAS to be the wolf in traffic and the other HAS to be made the sheep, guess who's going to be the sheep?
I'm not really a "turn the other cheek" type person like I used to be years ago.

I used to drive very politely, and try to set a good example out in traffic, but I got so tired of people being aholes all around me that I said screw it.
If one of us HAS to be the wolf in traffic and the other HAS to be made the sheep, guess who's going to be the sheep?
I'm not really a "turn the other cheek" type person like I used to be years ago.

I was a hothead when I was younger. Then I mellowed somewhat. But seem to have reverted back to being a hothead since I turned 50+. My patience for other people's stupidity, selfishness and just plain ignorance is very close to non-existent nowadays.

Man is it a pain typing with a sleeping 3 month old West Highland White Terrier on your lap with her head resting on your arm.

Steve

I still wonder if they teach this in truck driving school or something, it seems to be a classic maneuver that I see every time I'm on the Interstate. Wait for a hill, then pull out in the passing lane because the semi in front of you is doing 0.00000001 MPH slower, then proceed to take 4 weeks passing the other semi, because the other semi then speeds up. And back up traffic for 72 miles behind you in the process. Then get in front of the semi that you just passed, and do exactly the same speed.

They do. Indiana has some unmarked Chargers and Mustangs.

I saw a IL state police car in a beige, they are usually white and yellow..

They also have plain jane Dodge Ram pickups. Can't tell it's a full grown bear at all. I see them mostly around Indy.

-
Back